Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand how he has gone from refusing to play anything other than 4-4-2 to pretty much never playing it any more.

Our best football under him was 4-4-2 when we were just blitzing teams off the park. We were only asking for a change in CL where possession is key. It took him ages to alter it and now it's all he wants to play!

4-4-2 is enough to better most prem teams, why is it all or nothing? Where's the flexibility to suit the match we need to play? Pretty baffling.

Our squad is no longer structured to play 4-4-2. Depending on how you view Nacho (I'd agree with MP) we either have 2 strikers and 6 attacking mids/wingers or 3 and 5. If we want to play 4-4-2 for the majority of a 60 game season with Aguero's injury record we need 4 out and out strikers.

I'm a firm believer we need to be playing 4-5-1. However, with the way Pellegrini sets up his 4-5-1 there's not really any of the benefits you get from an extra midfielder and it's more just a way of shoehorning players into the side. Defensively, we get no extra solidity as we've usually got Silva, KDB and Yaya on the pitch who aren't putting in the defensive display needed. Going forward, you need quick incisive passing combined with clever off the ball movements to get the most out of the formation. We currently are seeing none of that. Pairing kelechi with Aguero seems like a good idea right now if pellegrini isn't going to use 4-5-1 correctly. We'll get no less protection than usual as Kelechi is probably a more willing worker defensively than the likes of Silva or KDB and going forward we've got double the threat upfront, kun gets somebody to work with and the midfielders are less likely to be played out of position. Didn't think i'd find myself saying this but right now i think 4-4-2 would be worth a go in some not all games.

Do we have a South American team in the CFG yet? Or are there any plans for one? Would be a great way to end his career moving back close to his family and managing the start of a South American club

Pellers picks a formation and sticks to it regardless of the opposition or form.. Last season he overdid the 442 and made us predictable, this season he is overusing 4231 and making us predictable
You guys are quite laughable. Damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.

The same folks lamenting the 442 last year are now here promoting it.

Ha.

Our squad is no longer structured to play 4-4-2. Depending on how you view Nacho (I'd agree with MP) we either have 2 strikers and 6 attacking mids/wingers or 3 and 5. If we want to play 4-4-2 for the majority of a 60 game season with Aguero's injury record we need 4 out and out strikers.

That's pretty much my point. How has a manager who refused to play anything but 4-4-2 got into this spot?

That's pretty much my point. How has a manager who refused to play anything but 4-4-2 got into this spot?

How does 'a manager that picks a system to suit the entire squad at his disposal' sound? As for getting himself into that spot? Since when does he handle transfers?

You guys are quite laughable. Damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.

The same folks lamenting the 442 last year are now here promoting it.

Ha.
The one up top was for Yaya and it worked. If he's out of the equation then I'd go with two. Sterling or Itchy plus Kun

On a separate subject just seen that Mancini's Inter have been knocked off the top of Serie A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.