Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
4-4-2 is a little risky against Everton as they'll outnumber us all over the pitch but at this point I'd probably risk it. Sergio really came to life with a partner and there were layers to pass into all over the pitch, which was nice. Norwich were pretty poor and Everton offer a much more stern test but I think we need to do something as the current XI just isn't in sync
4-4-2 with Fernando and Delph should see us through but I just don't see Pelligrini changing things in a PL game.. He will pick Yaya silva and Debruyne reverting to a single striker

4-4-2 is a little risky against Everton as they'll outnumber us all over the pitch but at this point I'd probably risk it. Sergio really came to life with a partner and there were layers to pass into all over the pitch, which was nice. Norwich were pretty poor and Everton offer a much more stern test but I think we need to do something as the current XI just isn't in sync

Id prefer us to play De Bruyne in the number 10 position with Navas and Sterling wide against Everton.

We have only really moved from 442 to a 4411, with whoever is playing alongside the striker being in a position more aligned with them than the midfield.

Very rarely have we even played a 433 as Toure has played in that number 10 role too.

Personally, I'd like to see that role given to a striker than a provider and go back to 442. It would make the two wide players sit back a bit more without the ball and give more goal scoring options up front as our big issue for me is that we aren't getting the early goal often enough, which is when we look so good - it gives us the ability to counter more.

We have only really moved from 442 to a 4411, with whoever is playing alongside the striker being in a position more aligned with them than the midfield.

Very rarely have we even played a 433 as Toure has played in that number 10 role too.

Personally, I'd like to see that role given to a striker than a provider and go back to 442. It would make the two wide players sit back a bit more without the ball and give more goal scoring options up front as our big issue for me is that we aren't getting the early goal often enough, which is when we look so good - it gives us the ability to counter more.

Always a pleasure to read something that has no edge and is well observed.

I quite like the use of a provider but l don't know if it is the best option. I absolutely agree that getting early goals more often would be a major plus, for the reason you state: we are so much more likely to rip teams a new one if we get an early lead.

Time for manuel to move to a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 gey us looking a bit more solid and us stretching the game using all the pitch! Also think it would suit the players we have

...............................................................................................hart/willy.........................................................................................

zaba/sagna......................................vinny/demi................................................mangala/otamendi...................kola/clichy......

navas/sterling....................................nando/delph..............................................diniho/silva/yaya..........................kdb/sterling

................................................................................aguero/silva/yaya/nacho/bony/sterling

I'm no Pelligrini fan but one look at the Transfer Forum shows us why fans shouldn't be managers - if some had their way we would be currently bidding(signing on frees) Rob Green, Berihino, Jamie Vardy and Ronaldinho!

The thing with Pelligrini is, everyone(including) him is just waiting for Guardiola and appear to be just doing enough, either scraping games or playing for 10mins at the end so we can everyone how unlucky we were. Hopefully yesterday and the finish line getting ever closer(2 league games this week) players and managermemt will be able to refocus and end this season on a high - it would be awful if this season ends like last sean ended

I'm no Pelligrini fan but one look at the Transfer Forum shows us why fans shouldn't be managers - if some had their way we would be currently bidding(signing on frees) Rob Green, Berihino, Jamie Vardy and Ronaldinho!

The thing with Pelligrini is, everyone(including) him is just waiting for Guardiola and appear to be just doing enough, either scraping games or playing for 10mins at the end so we can everyone how unlucky we were. Hopefully yesterday and the finish line getting ever closer(2 league games this week) players and managermemt will be able to refocus and end this season on a high - it would be awful if this season ends like last sean ended
The start to the season hasn't been great, mistakes have been made, we've suffered some injuries to important players, and we've lost some games that we shouldn't have lost. However, we're one game away from the final of one cup, still in the other, still in the Champs League, and only 3 points behind Arsenal. The potential is there for this to be the best season in this club's history, and for Pellegrini to end up leaving with his head held high. I'd say they should all forget what's happened in the past and what will happen in the summer, and ensure everyone's focus is on making this happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.