Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are quite laughable. Damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.

The same folks lamenting the 442 last year are now here promoting it.

Ha.
You might want to read my post again.. I am not promoting 442 but simply stating that pelligrini tends to stick to one formation regardless of the opposition or form

You might want to read my post again.. I am not promoting 442 but simply stating that pelligrini tends to stick to one formation regardless of the opposition or form
Sorry, was just lamenting the anti 442 stance that seems to have flipped on its head. I think I was trying to quote who you quoted. My bad.

But just for the record, this is about philosophies. Manuel's is simple, pick a base formation and practice with it till you are perfect, and it wouldn't matter what the opposition does.

Besides, too much energy is spent on formation. Frankly that may be the least important aspect of coaching. Tactics and and situational play are so much more important.

Where you stand when the game start isn't very important, it just so happens its the easiest thing to discuss, hence why commentators and fans alike spend an irrational amount of time giving it more relevance than it truly deserves.

The whole "they have 3 in midfield and you have 2" is silly seeing as there are no rules suggesting a defender, forward or wige player, can't step into midfield and join the play. It's more important to know what you are supposed to do in specific scenarios than whether it's a 442 or 451 you are playing in..

But hey, its always fun to discuss, so it goes on :)

I think he will retire after winning the treble this season. Argh fuck it, the quadruple

You are really underestimating it here. Quadruple manager of the year, player of the season, youth player of the season, kitman of the season, and the unbelievable special prize of the season is.....................tea lady of the decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.