Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone's got different views on what is entertaining football I guess mate, and of course I respect your view.

I think this idea that the only way football can be entertaining is if it's all out attack is not true for everyone. Personally I don't enjoy the kamikaze style of football, with absolutely no interest in defending or being solid. It's naive and against the top sides you get found out, and Pellegrini's record against the top sides in the games that matter at City is a good example of that.

The best side I have ever seen in the flesh was Pep's Bayern in the first game at the Etihad. To me the way they dominated and tore us apart was unbelievable, and although I obviously didn't enjoy it as a City fan, I admired it.

The best team I've ever seen on TV was Pep's Barca that beat Mourinho's Madrid 6-0. Some people find dominating possession boring, I find it mesmerising.

Each to their own, but my personal view is we'll become a much better, and therefore entertaining team when Pep replaces Pellikeegan.

Pellikeegan? He won two trophies in his first season in English football, broke a then record with Real Madrid's points total and had a fantastic spell with Villarreal. We finished second last season and he didn't walk out once he'd got bored.

For what it's worth, I think we didn't set up correctly against Bayern Munich when they beat us 3-1. However, we won over there despite being two down and then beat them at home the following season. I found Klopp's Dortmund a better team and especially so given how cheaply he assembled them for.

Pellikeegan? He won two trophies in his first season in English football, broke a then record with Real Madrid's points total and had a fantastic spell with Villarreal. We finished second last season and he didn't walk out once he'd got bored.

For what it's worth, I think we didn't set up correctly against Bayern Munich when they beat us 3-1. However, we won over there despite being two down and then beat them at home the following season. I found Klopp's Dortmund a better team and especially so given how cheaply he assembled them for.

I enjoyed Keegan's spell in charge. He also got Newcastle to finish 2nd remember, which for my money is better achievement than finishing second with Real Madrid.

What did you think to setting up with Fernando and Milner in a midfield 2 at home to Barcelona? I honestly don't think even Kevin Keegan would have been that naive.

That Klopp team was a fine side, and they are the second best team I've seen in the flesh. The pace at which the pressed and the tempo they played at was frightening.

For me though, that Bayern side outclassed us to such an extent that part of you had to admire just how good they were. It was like watching Mayweather box, you still root for your guy, but you can't help but be impressed by someone operating on a completely different level. (Although again, Pellegrini's set up and lack of changes played right in to their hands. I stand by it that that was the most incompetent display I've ever seen from a City manager, including Pearce putting David James up front).

Looks like a second poor pre-season on the trot. Not helped by injury this time it would appear.
Now I'm all for giving players time off after international competitions but one of the most important games of the season is 23 days away and the three argentinian squad members will only have been back in training for 7 days when we play our first game.
Surely getting them back a week earlier and offering extended 12 day breaks later on in the season would be better?

I think we all are simmering till critical point with Pellegrini. This guy had my backing a few posts ago, but his tactics against Real Madrid, be it preseason, has done my head in again. I really hope he never pairs fernando in a 2 man midfield with Yaya no work rate Toure. The only time we had solidity was with a proper 5 man midfield. Not a Silva with a striker as a front 2, or a 4411. I clearly remember the derby day, 4-1 defeat. He better not revert to his 442 again, or we may see him out the door by October.

Surely getting them back a week earlier and offering extended 12 day breaks later on in the season would be better?
Firstly we'd be in breach of fifa rules. Secondly at what point in the season do you think we'd have enough of an injury free squad to give 3 important players 2 weeks off?

I think we all are simmering till critical point with Pellegrini. This guy had my backing a few posts ago, but his tactics against Real Madrid, be it preseason, has done my head in again. I really hope he never pairs fernando in a 2 man midfield with Yaya no work rate Toure. The only time we had solidity was with a proper 5 man midfield. Not a Silva with a striker as a front 2, or a 4411. I clearly remember the derby day, 4-1 defeat. He better not revert to his 442 again, or we may see him out the door by October.

At least PRETEND to be a City fan, raggie,

IIRC we didn't play 4-4-2 against the rags at the swamp. A bigger issue was the lads were out on their feet after so many international (World Cup and ACON) and CL games in the previous 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.