Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point well made

I totally agree with you mate. He's got by far the best squad in the league, probably the 3rd best squad in Europe. We should be winning the league and getting to the semi's in the CL as a minimum. Any other decent manager would achieve that 9 times out of 10 with this squad of players. He's doing ok so far this season, but is he doing any better than Alan Pardew would do with this group of players? I'm not sure.

Blimey Charlie! I'm not Pellegrini's number one fan by any means but how the fuck did we get to this?

So what has our boss done that a pardew, monk etc couldn't have done? With the players at his disposal he has underachieved, I'm afraid he is a hindrance and as the other poster said which I have stated previously he doesn't add anything to this team that makes us better

Blimey Charlie! I'm not Pellegrini's number one fan by any means but how the fuck did we get to this?

I'm not saying he's doing an absolutely dreadful job, but my point is, is he doing anything that any old manager couldn't do with this group of players? I'm not so sure.

So what has our boss done that a pardew, monk etc couldn't have done? With the players at his disposal he has underachieved, I'm afraid he is a hindrance and as the other poster said which I have stated previously he doesn't add anything to this team that makes us better
I don't think it's as simple as that. Managing top players at a club where the expectation and requirement is to win more or less every week is such a completely different situation that I don't think getting Swansea or palace into mid table is much of an indicator of how they would do for us. Believe me I have huge concerns about pellegrini but pardew or monk? Do me a favour.

I think we've got the strongest squad in the league, but United, Chelsea and Arsenal have incredibly strong squads too. Ours is a bit imbalanced in places, and we've suffered badly with injuries.

To suggest we should be comfortably winning such a competitive league, and that many other managers could match Pellegrini's achievements, is unfair, naive and possibly disingenuous.

The same arguments were used against Mancini. I think some people underestimate just how difficult a job it is.

I don't think it's as simple as that. Managing top players at a club where the expectation and requirement is to win more or less every week is such a completely different situation that I don't think getting Swansea or palace into mid table is much of an indicator of how they would do for us. Believe me I have huge concerns about pellegrini but pardew or monk? Do me a favour.

I accept getting Swansea to mid table is different than say getting city to the title, however if you look at the players at Pardews or monks disposal where should a decent manager get them in the league? That is how they are judged, just tell me watching city what signs are they that these two managers couldn't do the job as well as manuel, I hope you ain't going to mention tactics or organising a team in all aspects of the game

What does manuel bring to the table? Because I am struggling

I accept getting Swansea to mid table is different than say getting city to the title, however if you look at the players at Pardews or monks disposal where should a decent manager get them in the league? That is how they are judged, just tell me watching city what signs are they that these two managers couldn't do the job as well as manuel, I hope you ain't going to mention tactics or organising a team in all aspects of the game

You could've probably said the same thing about David Moyes when he was at Everton though, and we saw how that worked out. Making the transition to a bigger club brings its own difficulties.

When in charge of that much talent I doubt you can go seriously wrong. But that doesn't mean Manuel doesn't do a good job. We're top of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.