Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
So 4 wins in a row, 2 in the CL one away, one at home, scoring 15, and conceding just 4, without basically the spine of our team is no achievement ?

Some miserable f**kers support this club.

Stats prove fuck all fella, you watch the games, if you think we have been anywhere near our potential either this season or last that is your opinion

Yeah.. I was careful in those words. I'd expect Frank Clarke to do a good job with the player we have.. There are nuances.. obviously, and I can't see Manuel being a long term manager. Or much longer I should say. But that's the nature of it. Keep him until it goes bad. He's done very well so far.

It went bad last year, he hasn't done very well at all

With the greatest respect, I'm not really sure there is a compelling argument that the managers you mention are tactically better than Pellegrini. You're comparing apples and oranges. A fairer comparison would possibly be Pellegrini's time at similar mid-level clubs, such as Villareal and Malaga, and his record there speaks for itself.

In fairness his time at Malaga Villarreal are completely irrelevant

Stats prove fuck all fella, you watch the games
They're not stats, they're facts.

In every game, a team will have a period of dominance, as all 4 did, but ultimately we overcame that dominance, battered two of them scoring 11 goals in the process, and in the other two, in the premier competition in the world, also came away with two wins, WITHOUT the spine of our team.

PS - Don't bother quoting me back again, I'll debate things with those who look objectively, we could win every game this season, and you'd still be spouting the same shite.

With the greatest respect, I'm not really sure there is a compelling argument that the managers you mention are tactically better than Pellegrini. You're comparing apples and oranges. A fairer comparison would possibly be Pellegrini's time at similar mid-level clubs, such as Villareal and Malaga, and his record there speaks for itself.

There's no compelling argument that Pellegrini is a tactically astute manager even now though. If there is, I've certainly not heard it. Talking of apples and oranges though, Juan Ramon Requilme is of a rather different level than Jonjo Shelvey, similarly Isco can't really be compared with Wilfred Zaha. Comparing Pellegrini's achievements in Spain is not really comparable to Monk or Pardew in England with their respective squads and the respective strength of each league at the time.

Would Pellegrini guarantee a top 10 finish with the current Palace and Swansea squads? I'm not sure. Could Monk, Pardew or Martinez possibly have matched Pellegrini's results this season with our squad of players? Maybe even possibly not lose at home to West Ham? Maybe not have got beat 4-1 by Spurs? As you say, it's open to opinion, but it's not a cut and dry argument.

They're not stats, they're facts.

In every game, a team will have a period of dominance, as all 4 did, but ultimately we overcame that dominance, battered two of them scoring 11 goals in the process, and in the other two, in the premier competition in the world, also came away with two wins, WITHOUT the spine of our team.

PS - Don't bother quoting me back again, I'll debate things with those who look objectively, we could win every game this season, and you'd still be spouting the same shite.

You're deluded pal and don't tell me what I would be spouting in hypothetical situations as that is just utter horseshit

I base my judgement on his time here, I have been pretty consistent in that, a good manager sees problems and attempts to rectify them, he doesn't just carry on regardless and hopes things go okay, he gets away with it because we have a very good team, individual players get us out of a lot of bad performances, apart from his first few months in charge performances have always been hit and miss, you can not hand on heart say this guy knows how to organise a team proffesionally, he is very Keegan like in that regards

Keegan got lampooned for being niave but because pellegrini is Spanish and had a reputation he gets away with it, these last few years we should have been one of the great premiership teams but because our two managers were a class below we have underachieved but because we had a long period of shiteness some fans see it differently

Who exactly do you think we should've appointed, and when? As I've said, I think the assumption that we should be dominating such a competitive league is naive. I don't think any team will dominate for the next five years.

Pellegrini has finished first and second, and is currently first, in a period of FFP restrictions and increased spending from our rivals. Which manager, who was available, would've bettered that?

Would Pellegrini guarantee a top 10 finish with the current Palace and Swansea squads? I'm not sure. Could Monk, Pardew or Martinez possibly have matched Pellegrini's results this season with our squad of players? Maybe even possibly not lose at home to West Ham? Maybe not have got beat 4-1 by Spurs? As you say, it's open to opinion, but it's not a cut and dry argument.

Exactly, it's not cut and dry. It's purely hypothetical, and we will probably never find out because it's extremely unlikely that we'll appoint someone like Monk, Pardew or Martinez and there's a very good reason for that. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I'm confident that Begiristain and Soriano are more qualified to know what it takes to manage City more than you or I do. As such, I'm happy to trust their judgement, until they get it badly wrong that is. Which they haven't so far.

Who exactly do you think we should've appointed, and when? As I've said, I think the assumption that we should be dominating such a competitive league is naive. I don't think any team will dominate for the next five years.

Pellegrini has finished first and second, and is currently first, in a period of FFP restrictions and increased spending from our rivals. Which manager, who was available, would've bettered that?

In fairness the thread is about pellegrini, when he was appointed I was very happy based solely on what I had heard and seen in a few games, the team started brilliantly and then it has been pretty inconsistent, in all honesty over the past season and half do we look consistently like a very good organised team who show up more often than not in the league and Europe?

Or do we look like a team that the manager sends out to attack and play Russian roulette in every game, a manager who seems to not concern himself with the strength of the opposition or the weaknesses in our side? What attributes does he bring?

I have yet to hear one poster state his qualities or even dismiss the fact we are a bit unprofessional in our play, all I hear is we have injuries or we finished 1st and 2nd in the league so he must be a good manger

Surely someone can at least give some reasons why they think he is good at his job, making a team out perform surely is a sign of a good manager, underperforming with a very talented squad does not make him a success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.