Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big day for MP tomorrow...

he doesn't have a lot of option with who he picks tomorrow due to injuries but he does have an option of how he sets up his team....
i like to see KDB more central as he seems to have at least started on the left in the last few matches though that has changed in each match as it has gone on

im not sure about yay playing further forward as I think this takes him out of the game but i do think we should be playing a central 3 in midfield......

Id also continue with sanga at left back over kolorov

hart

zabba------kompany-----mangala-------sagna

-------------ferna ------------ yaya

Navas-----------------KDB-------------Sterling

--------------------Bony-----------------

Even though the shape i think we should play i don't seem to like the personnel in it for some reason (though i cant fathom why.

The central midfield from a defensive point worries me as does our fullbacks bombing on as this could play right into the hands of utd esp with the pace they have on the break (Martial in particular)

Sweinsteiger and sneiderlin are a strong central midfield combo and we need to counter that i think....really is a shame that both silva and aguero are missing as this would normally give utd more to worry about and make them a lot more hesitant

part of me would be really tempted to play both ferns and yay so with either sterling or navas being dropped for KDB

Last edited:
If he plays 442 again tomorrow I will lose my mind.

in the game vs seville and at the start of bournemouth thats what we looked like we were doing with KDB on the left and Sterling up with bony...it was a fluid set up but defensively when the other team had the ball that is what it looked like.......and i like you don't want to see that as i think we will get murdered if we do...seville were all over us esp in the first half and that we won't get away with that at the swamp

Serious question, who's midfield do you think is better ? Sevilla or united ? Sevilla for me are far more energetic, and mobile.

i agree with you in part but utd have improved their midfield with the addition of sweinsteiger and sneiderlin who will both enable them to control the game better than they have done in recent years

i just think also that MP could counter that problem with Seville using a slightly different set up but time and time again in the seville game both yaya and ferns were caught square of each other and they just played balls between them. Its been a constant issue since MP arrived that there is far too much space in front of our back 4 ...now this is a problem only usually exposed when we play the better teams...if i was van gaal that is where id be looking for rooney or mata to get into that space.....i also think that our full backs will get caught out on the counter as MP loves his fullbacks to push very high up and we could get caught out that way to.

I guess I'm saying in short that i think we would be more likely to win the game by a slightly more cautious approach

It was telling that on Wednesday the minute he brought Kolarov on he moved Raheem out wide.

The logical step would to have moved him up front instead of KDB, especially with the weekends hat trick still fresh and him having played as a frontman before.

To me that shows that Pellers values the Kola/Sterling partnership and with Navas a shoe in to start on the right, if Kolarov is fit to start then KDB is in the middle.

Of course we could line up to counter them and play:

--------------- Nando --------------
--------- Dinho ------- Yaya -------
Navas ------------------------- Sterling
---------------- KDB -------------------

But for me attack is our best form of defence. Let's put these fuckers to the sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.