Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they have to come in at 18 though? Even at Barca only Messi was playing regularly in the first team at that age, the likes of Busquets didn't really nail down a first team spot until 20 and Alba was sold with a buy back clause.

No. They just need to play, a bit, rather than absolutely fuck all.

There is some right shite on here about development of kids, as if it works one way, & as if coaches/managers are all knowing, when many of them on the quiet, have missed worldbeating stars whilst picking their mate every week instead.

What I know, for sure, is that some players need a bit of encouragement wheras others grab everything & if you treat them all the same way it won't work. Some kids just take to first team football & some never can. Some struggle at first then boss it, others storm it then fade away.

The key to all of it, is getting on the pitch in the first place. If we had played our ten best kids as subs, regularly, in games we have sewn up, I recon we would now be talking about 3 or 4, as genuine squad members, like Kelechi. It might not have been a star like Barker, it might have been an unexpected one like Evans or Ntcham. But one or two would have grabbed it & one or two would have shown they need a year on loan before another chance. Like Harry Kane, Beckham etc did.

What we have currently, is no tucking idea about hardly any of them, good or bad, a a shitload more approaching the age where they need a go.

No. They just need to play, a bit, rather than absolutely fuck all.

There is some right shite on here about development of kids, as if it works one way, & as if coaches/managers are all knowing, when many of them on the quiet, have missed worldbeating stars whilst picking their mate every week instead.

What I know, for sure, is that some players need a bit of encouragement wheras others grab everything & if you treat them all the same way it won't work. Some kids just take to first team football & some never can. Some struggle at first then boss it, others storm it then fade away.

The key to all of it, is getting on the pitch in the first place. If we had played our ten best kids as subs, regularly, in games we have sewn up, I recon we would now be talking about 3 or 4, as genuine squad members, like Kelechi. It might not have been a star like Barker, it might have been an unexpected one like Evans or Ntcham. But one or two would have grabbed it & one or two would have shown they need a year on loan before another chance. Like Harry Kane, Beckham etc did.

What we have currently, is no tucking idea about hardly any of them, good or bad, a a shitload more approaching the age where they need a go.

We've given plenty a chance on pre season though and more in the cups and I'm sure we'll see more of them as the season goes on.

But I'm not sure how you can arbitrarily start bandying around some doom and gloom when nothing has actually happened. As in we haven't lost some super talented kid who's tearing it up somewhere else. If anything the youngster we rate seem to be regularly signing new contracts and seem genuinely happy with whatever exposure they are being given to the first team.

I'm going to bow out here mate as I honestly can't relate to you at all.

We are losing the first group, such as Pozo, Lopes, Cole etc. One of them may make it. The next group we start to lose, will contain pkayers the club were 'excited' about. And so forth.

My whole point has not been one of doom & gloom it has been that it is now time for the management to start putting importance on player development, not just purely on trophy collection.

I think we are a year behind now. I want Pellegrini to be on the ball with this next season but I expected that this season. I 100% expected Denayer & Lopes to be tested at City this season.

We've given plenty a chance on pre season though and more in the cups and I'm sure we'll see more of them as the season goes on.

Playing Denayer & 15 year old Humphreys together v Real Madrid then discarding Denayer because he wasn't Bobby Moore on the day, is not what I call a 'chance' though.

But I hope you are right, that a few will get games. Especially if we have a dead rubber in the Champs League. We could use a couple then.

Playing Denayer & 15 year old Humphreys together v Real Madrid then discarding Denayer because he wasn't Bobby Moore on the day, is not what I call a 'chance' though.

But I hope you are right, that a few will get games. Especially if we have a dead rubber in the Champs League. We could use a couple then.

Let's see what happens against Gladbach if we beat Juve.

It would be great to have a 'free' game there, where the result didn't matter.

It's about the only time we're ever likely to get one though unless we (touch wood) can win the league with games to spare. Everyone at the club is under pressure to win every trophy, every season. Last time we had a game like that was the LC semi second leg against West Ham and iirc Lopes started and Huws got a run out.

And how completely wrong coaches often are about kids, in fact more often than not.

Wow, you really are not worthy of a discussion mate. I think you need to calm down. You can use all the expletives you like. I ,and it seems many will put their trust in those employed by City.

Best thing is, and what I've noticed reading your posts, you don't actually have a point, there is no basis to your arguement other than 'I want', 'I think'.

Well I think Garcia is much better than Brandon Barker. I am not alone in this. The club obviously see it this way. I believe his position, his use of the ball, his intelligence suit us better. You don't, you just think Barker is better because you think Barker is better. He does better at EDS, you mentioned Kingsley Coman earlier, he's Barker's age and much better. As is Iheanacho. They are both playing regular top flight football.
Perhaps that's why Barker isn't being used, because he's not of the required quality.

You're basically rude and ignorant mate. I said I watched Sane vs us, he was a stand out player. You completely dismiss this, no arguement just your same old deluded non constructive opinion.

Your opinion is entirely irrelevant, much the same as mine. You rant and rave, raise no valid points, have no rational arguement.

I'm done with you mate, you are litterally incapable of conversation. It's like talking to a child

Your whole arguements falls on its own arse when players as young as 17 are getting games, just because you think other are better is completely irrelevant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.