Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think Pozo was good enough full stop to ever make it in our first team, but if you're referring to him being played during our injury crisis last season, i'm not sure what options there were at the time in the EDS other than him. Kelechi had gotten a serious injury. If there were other players who should've been given that chance in front of him then I'm not aware of them. In terms of whether it did him considerable harm or not, again I don't know, but I do know that I didn't think he was good enough play in the first team and he has subsequently been sold so that suggests the powers that be felt that way too.

Jordi Hiwula should have played, said it at the time and believe it now. The fact that he wasn't was because he was Spanish and cost money, where as Jordi was local and cost nothing. If you think that is wrong then the only explanation is that Pellegrini rated Pozo better than Hiwula which is a ridiculous decision on another level.

I didn't think Pozo was good enough full stop to ever make it in our first team, but if you're referring to him being played during our injury crisis last season, i'm not sure what options there were at the time in the EDS other than him. Kelechi had gotten a serious injury. If there were other players who should've been given that chance in front of him then I'm not aware of them. In terms of whether it did him considerable harm or not, again I don't know, but I do know that I didn't think he was good enough play in the first team and he has subsequently been sold so that suggests the powers that be felt that way too.

I don't think that the manager is always right, or that the owners are always right, however equally I do think that they all make decisions based on what they think is best for the club. Within that context, considering where we are as a club, it's difficult not to occasionally become frustrated with posters like yourself who work themselves up into a frenzy when everything is going so well. The club has literally never been in as healthy a state as it currently is. Not on the field, not off the field. Not the academy set up. Not he first team. Not the manager. Not the executives. Not the ownership. Nothing was ever better than it currently is.

The better option to playing Pozo cf would have been not playing Pozo cf. It's that simple.

The fact the manger didn't know that, proves he is not as 'on the ball' with this stuff as some would believe. As does his failure to recognise Denayer's potential to cover right back.

And as for nothing being better academy wise, I agree, & that's my whole point which seems to have upset a group of people.

There is no point in having a fantastic academy unless you use it. We could have Kelechi, Garcia & Roberts in the first team squad, with a shed & 1 bloke reading a newspaper. We don't need the academy for them, just a chequebook.

We have a fucking army of talent marching through. The ones at the front, need some game time before it's too late & they all start to leave.

Jordi Hiwula should have played, said it at the time and believe it now. The fact that he wasn't was because he was Spanish and cost money, where as Jordi was local and cost nothing. If you think that is wrong then the only explanation is that Pellegrini rated Pozo better than Hiwula which is a ridiculous decision on another level.

Cheers for that. This is exactly the kind of thing i'm looking for in discussion like this. Something that feels like it might have some validity rather than just empty noise making. Where's Jordi now ?

It's a shame if Pozo was picked solely because he was Spanish and cost money. That'd be a bollocks decision on another level if there was a n other, better player, available. I hate politics within football clubs, especially politics where decisions are being taken not based on what is best for the club in that moment. Seeing as Pozo's gone I'm assuming the coaches and staff knew 12 months ago that he wasn't going to cut it in England.

Do you really thin Pellegrini would put results and his job on the line on the basis of who was Spanish and cost money and not on who he thought was best for the team ? Or that he wouldn't have asked Vieira for some input.

The better option to playing Pozo cf would have been not playing Pozo cf. It's that simple.

The fact the manger didn't know that, proves he is not as 'on the ball' with this stuff as some would believe. As does his failure to recognise Denayer's potential to cover right back.

And as for nothing being better academy wise, I agree, & that's my whole point which seems to have upset a group of people.

There is no point in having a fantastic academy unless you use it. We could have Kelechi, Garcia & Roberts in the first team squad, with a shed & 1 bloke reading a newspaper. We don't need the academy for them, just a chequebook.

We have a fucking army of talent marching through. The ones at the front, need some game time before it's too late & they all start to leave.

You seem to underestimate the use of the academy and why it's there. I reckon that privately the primary focus on the CFA is in developing players who can be sold on for a healthy profit. It's going to only be one in a generation, maybe two, who will actually make it and play at City.

If we have an army of talent that ups and leaves the club then I personally am not going to shed any tears. Players come and go like managers. As long as the team currently out on the pitch are doing the business, the rest can take care of itself. And once again, when you have the kinds of owners we have, and the kinds of executives we have, the rest is actually in VERY safe hands.

Do you really thin Pellegrini would put results and his job on the line on the basis of who was Spanish and cost money and not on who he thought was best for the team ? Or that he wouldn't have asked Vieira for some input.

He may trust & undrstand Spanish type footballers more & feel more comfortable using them. The current promotion of Garcia is a similar thing. He is lucky to get games for the EDS at present & has pretty much a full team of players more deserving of a chance in front of him. Yet Pellegrini seems to trust him more.

Would that suggest it was actually a marginal decision between who's better between him and Pozo ? (Genuine question btw as I didn't see any of Jordi playing and what I saw of Pozo didn't impress me at all).

Neither looked good enough to make it here from what I saw although Pozo had a lot more promise pre injury. Maybe that influenced their decision, maybe it was just a Lopes-Mancini style decision based purely on who was putting the most effort in on the training campus.

You seem to underestimate the use of the academy and why it's there. I reckon that privately the primary focus on the CFA is in developing players who can be sold on for a healthy profit. It's going to only be one in a generation, maybe two, who will actually make it and play at City.

If we have an army of talent that ups and leaves the club then I personally am not going to shed any tears. Players come and go like managers. As long as the team currently out on the pitch are doing the business, the rest can take care of itself. And once again, when you have the kinds of owners we have, and the kinds of executives we have, the rest is actually in VERY safe hands.

Well it will be the opposite for me.

If we fail to bring players through from this group, I think we are incompetent & deserve all the flack we get.

Ken Barnes & a decent manager would get a full team in the top 4 out of this lot. If Vieira & Pelkegrini can't get a few through, they are shit at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.