Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting debate, in regards Denayer, in the club's defence I believe their intention was that he would be part of the first team squad this season, then the opportunity to bring Otamendi in meant that we'd one too many, as a result of this Mangala was asked if he fancied going on loan ( confirmed by Mangala himself ) which I believe was with a view to retaining Denayer, when Mangala refused it didn't make sense to retain Denayer as he wouldn't get enough opportunities in the first team which could ultimately hinder his progress.

Wow, you really are not worthy of a discussion mate. I think you need to calm down. You can use all the expletives you like. I ,and it seems many will put their trust in those employed by City.

Best thing is, and what I've noticed reading your posts, you don't actually have a point, there is no basis to your arguement other than 'I want', 'I think'.

Well I think Garcia is much better than Brandon Barker. I am not alone in this. The club obviously see it this way. I believe his position, his use of the ball, his intelligence suit us better. You don't, you just think Barker is better because you think Barker is better. He does better at EDS, you mentioned Kingsley Coman earlier, he's Barker's age and much better. As is Iheanacho. They are both playing regular top flight football.
Perhaps that's why Barker isn't being used, because he's not of the required quality.

You're basically rude and ignorant mate. I said I watched Sane vs us, he was a stand out player. You completely dismiss this, no arguement just your same old deluded non constructive opinion.

Your opinion is entirely irrelevant, much the same as mine. You rant and rave, raise no valid points, have no rational arguement.

I'm done with you mate, you are litterally incapable of conversation. It's like talking to a child.

You do realise players develop at different ages don't you? Just because Iheanacho and Sane are playing top flight football at the same age does not mean Barker will not make it or is not good enough.

The treatment and use of Barker this season has been shambolic, the club are stalling his progress.

He's caught in limbo land because of the rules and regulations of eligibility of youth players. He's not being given an opportunity to go on loan because he is needed to be on the bench for champions league games because three other youth players cannot be registered, he's not being given an opportunity to play in the UEFA Youth League because he is on the bench, yet the lads who are ineligible are getting game time and then amazingly getting minutes for non Champions League games. I feel for him, he should have kicked on this year but as seems to be the case with a lot of youngsters at our club, they stall, it will have a massive effect in years to come if it is not sorted soon.

p.s Garcia plays in a totally different position to Barker but the latter will go on to have a better career despite not having had as many opportunities as the former.

You do realise players develop at different ages don't you? Just because Iheanacho and Sane are playing top flight football at the same age does not mean Barker will not make it or is not good enough.

The treatment and use of Barker this season has been shambolic, the club are stalling his progress.

He's caught in limbo land because of the rules and regulations of eligibility of youth players. He's not being given an opportunity to go on loan because he is needed to be on the bench for champions league games because three other youth players cannot be registered, he's not being given an opportunity to play in the UEFA Youth League because he is on the bench, yet the lads who are ineligible are getting game time and then amazingly getting minutes for non Champions League games. I feel for him, he should have kicked on this year but as seems to be the case with a lot of youngsters at our club, they stall, it will have a massive effect in years to come if it is not sorted soon.

p.s Garcia plays in a totally different position to Barker but the latter will go on to have a better career despite not having had as many opportunities as the former.

That's fine that's your opinion. I know Garcia plays in a different position. I see him as a better prospect, that's just my personal opinion.

As for Barker, I think he's a decent player at EDS level. Quick, nice touch, very good movement, very direct. Good with both feet. I feel for him as it seems Roberts is ahead of him, not sure if I agree with that. He also has Sterling to compete with.

I also feel his position in the squad is difficult and his game time at any level is obviously limited. If you're defeatist, you could ask what's he supposed to do. But for me, if he's been given the opportunity to train day in day out with the first team, much like Garcia is and Maffeo seems to be doing, he's obviously doing something wrong. Well wrong would be harsh, obviously not doing something that others are. His performances are obviously not screaming pick me.

Neville Neville seems to be suggesting and has done so on other threads that Barker is being somehow victimised. This is what I consider to be bollocks.

For me when I watched the EDS, Barker seemed good, probably stand out as his pace was fantastic, is that transferable to senior football? I personally don't know. That's my overall point, we as fans simply don't know if his talents are standing up in training. As others have said, if we get a dead rubber in the CL or more likely some breathing room in the league or league cup then give him a go. But not at the expense of others. To critise a manager for playing one teen over another based on personal opinion is pathetic and childish. If Pellegrini leaves Barker on the bench and puts Bony on the wing, I'll be first to question.

Neville Neville gets all potty mouth'd because he wants Barker to play. He was screaming about Pozo before.

My point remains, if Iheanacho, Garcia were remaining on the bench or in the reserves and senior players were being played out of position to accomdate I'd agree. Facts are, Iheanacho is almost exactly the same age as Barker. He is Manchester City's third choice striker. That is faith in youth.

I would be first to concede if youth were being ignored, facts are, it's not. We are actually argueing about which youth should play more. Not at all, more.

This is the Pellegrini thread, he believes in Iheanacho and Garcia. I think that's enough for one season.

Last edited:
It would be great to have a 'free' game there, where the result didn't matter.
In a dead CL rubber the senior squad members not featuring in the first team would fill all the spots if they are fit - which is what should happen.
That includes Nacho and Roberts of course but the latter probably wouldn't merit a place on his current EDS form.

In squad terms, Brandon Barker might not be the player Manuel Pellegrini is looking for.

Not really, we've done enough to stay in pot 2 already and the only way we're getting into pot 1 is winning the PL or CL.
That's not necessarily true. We got over 16 points in 10/11 which we lose next year. We have only 11 points this season so far. We are ranked 16th at the moment so depending on who automatically qualifies for Pot 1 by winning their league, theoretically we could drop down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.