Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 points and a bonus point for reaching last 16.
The points are as follows:
"UEFA Champions League points system First qualifying round elimination – 0.5 points
Second qualifying round elimination – 1 point
Group stage participation – 4 points
Group stage win – 2 points
Group stage draw – 1 point
Round of 16 participation – 4 points

Since 2009/10 clubs have been awarded an additional point if they reach the round of 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals or final.
"

I had assumed qualification for the round of 16 at 4 points already included the additional point awarded since 2009/10. If that is additional to the 4 then yes its 5! :-) Couldn't be clearer ;-)

Resting the odd player might help us win the league and guarantee pot 1 though.
It's a tricky one, progression in the CL could cost us the PL?

The second leg of our round of 16 could be mid-week before the Manchester Derby. The second leg of the quarter final will be midweek before Chelsea away and the second leg of the semi will be midweek before Arsenal, which could decide the title?

It's a tricky one, progression in the CL could cost us the PL?

The second leg of our round of 16 could be mid-week before the Manchester Derby. The second leg of the quarter final will be midweek before Chelsea away and the second leg of the semi will be midweek before Arsenal, which could decide the title?

If we reach the SF of the CL the euphoria it will create will go a long way to offsetting the fatigue factor

If we reach the SF of the CL the euphoria it will create will go a long way to offsetting the fatigue factor
I'm not sure it's that simple. I remember the other year, all 4 CL semi finalists, (all top teams), lost their own league games next to the CL semi final fixture.

PSG and Bayern have a huge advantage because their league is so less competitive.

I'm not sure it's that simple. I remember the other year, all 4 CL semi finalists, (all top teams), lost their own league games next to the CL semi final fixture.

PSG and Bayern have a huge advantage because their league is so less competitive.

Hopefully we'll have a nice cushion at the top of the Premier League, by this time ;-)

It's why we have a squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.