Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manuel now has the highest PL win rate in history, don,t think most media outlets know!.(67.8%).

Well done Pelle, great manager we are lucky to have him!!

Not sure how this stat can now be news after a draw and a win in last 2 games, surely it was higher before the United game!!

Plenty of point in having both in that they're able to step in for the high pressure games and do a job where the inexperienced youngsters would be overwhelmed. Wasn't a fan of the decision to sell Lopes but the year in Turkey will probably do Denayer good.
Agree with all of that, neither Lopes, nor Denayer would have got on in Seville the other night, and rightly so. Mangala has been superb this season, and yet is now struggling to get a game, because Otamendi has very quickly turned round to be a great defender who compliments Kompany, yet many were saying Otamendi's signing was pointless about 4 weeks ago.

To be the best, you have to have the BEST players, and when our youngsters are at that level, they'll play (see Iheanacho), that is how it should be when you're an elite club as we aspire to be, and some of our youngsters like Denayer, might be part of it, due to the club helping their development with good loan moves.

Pellers deserves great credit for how he set the team up on Tuesday. The 433 is better suited to playing in Europe, and no one saw it coming.

Without Silva, and Nasri also being out, we don't have a natural number 10 who is also a playmaker. Switching to 433 gets the best out of the players available.

I agree with Pellers that while results have been good recently, performances have not.

It was a huge call to drop De Bruyne, but I think it waa the right one, for the reasons I've laid out on the De Bruyne thread. It turned out to be the right decision, fair play to him for that.

Silva is our best player, and if he is available he has to play. I'm not sure 433 gets the best out of his game, but when he is not available I think the 433 is a fantastic plan B against top sides. Certainly gets the best out of Fernando, Yaya, Fernandinho and Sterling.

Agree with all of that, neither Lopes, nor Denayer would have got on in Seville the other night, and rightly so. Mangala has been superb this season, and yet is now struggling to get a game, because Otamendi has very quickly turned round to be a great defender who compliments Kompany, yet many were saying Otamendi's signing was pointless about 4 weeks ago.

To be the best, you have to have the BEST players, and when our youngsters are at that level, they'll play (see Iheanacho), that is how it should be when you're an elite club as we aspire to be, and some of our youngsters like Denayer, might be part of it, due to the club helping their development with good loan moves.

You are probably right.

Neither would have got a game, nor v Seville in the first game, nor v Crystal Palace in the League Cup. We'd go with knackered, Zaba & any other fucker, no matter how poor they have been.

Time that changed.

You are probably right.

Neither would have got a game, nor v Seville in the first game, nor v Crystal Palace in the League Cup. We'd go with knackered, Zaba & any other fucker, no matter how poor they have been.

Time that changed.
I'd agree about Palace, but not Sevilla in either game, games like that you play your strongest team. Palace, I certainly wouldn't have played de Bruyne, and probably not Bony either, but I don't make the selections fortunately, the manager does, and results suggest he was right.

I want our youngsters to succeed as much as the next man, but only if they're good enough, as I don't watch them in training with the first team, I can't claim to be an expert, and I doubt anyone else can, unless they see training day in day out, ultimately its a results based game, and recent results look pretty good to me, so I won't be knocking the manager for it.

Pellers deserves great credit for how he set the team up on Tuesday. The 433 is better suited to playing in Europe, and no one saw it coming.

Without Silva, and Nasri also being out, we don't have a natural number 10 who is also a playmaker. Switching to 433 gets the best out of the players available.

I agree with Pellers that while results have been good recently, performances have not.

It was a huge call to drop De Bruyne, but I think it waa the right one, for the reasons I've laid out on the De Bruyne thread. It turned out to be the right decision, fair play to him for that.

Silva is our best player, and if he is available he has to play. I'm not sure 433 gets the best out of his game, but when he is not available I think the 433 is a fantastic plan B against top sides. Certainly gets the best out of Fernando, Yaya, Fernandinho and Sterling.
Silva will be just fine in a fluid 3 man midfield which can morph into a 4231 or my personal preference 4123 and both can also be interpreted as a 4141. Whichever way, I dislike our way of playing 442 which doesn't suit us at all, but any of the aforementioned will do me just fine.

Last edited:
I'd agree about Palace, but not Sevilla in either game, games like that you play your strongest team. Palace, I'd certainly wouldn't have played de Bruyne, and probably not Bony either, but I don't make the selections fortunately, the manager does, and results suggest he was right.

I want our youngsters to succeed as much as the next man, but only if they're good enough, as I don't watch them in training with the first team, I can't claim to be an expert, and I doubt anyone else can, unless they see training day in day out, ultimately its a results based game, and recent results look pretty good to me, so I won't be knocking the manager for it.

Seville, Brandon Barker was on the bench as a token, because we lack numbers. DeBruyne, Delph, & Demichelis got on. He has barely kicked a ball. How the fuck could he possibly do anything in the Champs Lg ? I'm fucking glad he didn't get on. Some would be right on his case, on here, giving it ' told you he was shite'..

Kean Bryan though, in that system, could have been a revelation off the bench. We will never know.

Most of the stuff I've posted on this subject, is not asking for kids to start games, even in the League Cup for the most part, it's about them getting on the pitch, at some point & it being a general rule we try to work. Get them on, test them, when we can. Nothing more that that.

However, if someone held a gun to my head & said he was going to kill all my mates then me, if our right back was fucking shite defensively over ten games, & I had the choice between picking Zaba or Jason Denayer, I would crawl on my hands & knees to beg Denayer, to play.

And i was saying that pre season, (in a less theatrical way). I also think he could do Fernando's job with a bit of training. There are other situations like this imo.

We don't need to find out though, because we are minted. We can just play it safe, unless they find another rule change with which to stitch us up.

Then we didn't see it coming.

Seville, Brandon Barker was on the bench as a token, because we lack numbers. DeBruyne, Delph, & Demichelis got on. He has barely kicked a ball. How the fuck could he possibly do anything in the Champs Lg ? I'm fucking glad he didn't get on. Some would be right on his case, on here, giving it ' told you he was shite'..
Of course it was a token, its simply to make up the numbers I'm afraid.
Kean Bryan though, in that system, could have been a revelation off the bench. We will never know.
I couldn't say one way or another, as like most blues, I haven't seen much of him, I doubt he could have improved us much on Tuesday night, or even Palace.
However, if someone held a gun to my head & said he was going to kill all my mates then me, if our right back was fucking shite defensively over ten games, & I had the choice between picking Zaba or Jason Denayer, I would crawl on my hands & knees to beg Denayer, to play.
Luckily Sagna has hardly put a foot wrong all season, and rightly the club found a club Denayer could get game time at a good level (better than Scotland) to further improve, win win for me.
I also think he could do Fernando's job with a bit of training.
On recent form, I don't think we need to find someone to do Fernando's job, only those that wrote him off (wrongly) want him replaced, maybe he could, but experience counts for a lot.

I love your (and others) strong support of our youth, most of the rest of us, also want to see these youngsters succeed, but you need to remember that the club has ambitions to win 4 trophies a year, a tough ask since nobody (english) has ever done it yet, so the time our youngsters will get is at best limited, and they have to be good enough.

Clearly those in our management structure, who see them in training every day, don't think they're ready yet, or they would play them.

Personally I'll trust them, over a few blues that regularly watch EDS games against other EDS teams, with no disrespect to you who watch the EDS regularly (I can't as I'm too far away), but they are both better qualified, and they see far more than you do of said players.

Pelle get it right for the tactical against Sevilla. he gave yaya AND fernando license to attack, with just fernando to shield the the back 4.

--- sterling ---- bony ---- navas
---------- ferna ----- yaya ---
------------- fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.