Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pellegrini has proven when he has by far the best squad in the league, he's capable of winning the league. This year we have by far the best squad in the league. Happy days :-)

Exactly the kind of nonsense I was referring to earlier.

Don't know how we expect the media to take us seriously when we have no mark comments like the above from the internet's best muppets.

I maintain Pellegrini hasn't got anywhere near the praise and respect he deserves from the media. But that is because he for some bizarre reason hasn't managed to generate the same affection as previous inferior managers from our own wider supporter base.

Although it does feel like the Pellegrini song is getting louder and louder and more and more frequent so maybe that's changing.

The press court controversy , they love wankers like Pep and LVG , click bait journalism I'm afraid, tbh mate it goes hand in hand with how City are perceived these days. Pellegrini seems the sort not to give a fuck anyway.

Had my doubts about him as you know (the defensive side of his play) but he seems to be really getting a grip of the squad at his disposal this season.

Still purring after that display v Sevilla mate, the best yet for me under him.

But that is because he for some bizarre reason hasn't managed to generate the same affection as previous inferior managers from our own wider supporter base

Mancini's now joint top of Serie A and will probably win that league now without having to spend hundreds of millions to do it. In fact I think he's probably made them money whilst dragging them out of midtable.

Trophies talk and bullshit walks as the saying goes. Mancini is objectively a better manager than Pellegrini based on success and your stubborn refusal to accept his talent has now become a bit endearing. Sort of like an old racist Grandad who doesn't know any better. I also enjoy how it irritates you that people still like him, at least a little.

Mancini's now joint top of Serie A and will probably win that league now without having to spend hundreds of millions to do it. In fact I think he's probably made them money whilst dragging them out of midtable.

Trophies talk and bullshit walks as the saying goes. Mancini is objectively a better manager than Pellegrini based on success and your stubborn refusal to accept his talent has now become a bit endearing. Sort of like an old racist Grandad who doesn't know any better. I also enjoy how it irritates you that people still like him, at least a little.

Mancini is doing what he does best - grinding. Won 7 out of their 11 league games, 6 of them 1-0. Italian football at it's best :)

The press court controversy , they love wankers like Pep and LVG , click bait journalism I'm afraid, tbh mate it goes hand in hand with how City are perceived these days. Pellegrini seems the sort not to give a fuck anyway.

Had my doubts about him as you know (the defensive side of his play) but he seems to be really getting a grip of the squad at his disposal this season.

Still purring after that display v Sevilla mate, the best yet for me under him.

It's a staggering set of double standards whereby whatever we achieve or whenever we achieve something or win a big game it's because we have the best squad and its "as expected". Every defeat is chaos disaster and someone's head needs to roll.

We are currently looking excellent without our two best players. Are top of the league and top of out CL Group. In all other cup competitions.

Last season at this time the whole world including parts of this forum had their cocks right up Mourinho's arse.

I maintain Pellegrini hasn't got anywhere near the praise and respect he deserves from the media. But that is because he for some bizarre reason hasn't managed to generate the same affection as previous inferior managers from our own wider supporter base.

Although it does feel like the Pellegrini song is getting louder and louder and more and more frequent so maybe that's changing.
One of the reasons Pellegrini hasn't been able to embed himself into the affections and consciences of the fans as much as he might, Imo, is because ever since he became manager the talk has been of Pep taking over. Pellegrini has always been seen as a stopgap manager who is here to keep the seat warm for Pep rather than be a manager in his own right. I think Pellegrini could be here 5 years and he would still be seen as a caretaker manager waiting for when the great messiah appears.

Wasn't referring to Mancini there. It's endearing that he still causes so many to get so defensive. Mancini and Pellegrini are imo on a level. Maybe I'd give MP the edge due to his man management but that's splitting hairs.

I wouldn't waste your time mate, he knows, he'll just never publicly admit it.

One manager took us from 10th to 1st in 2 years, the other took us from 2nd, to 1st, back to 2nd again. It's really not even a comparison.

Agree we win the league this season 99% of fans will be happy with him staying me included..

One of the reasons Pellegrini hasn't been able to embed himself into the affections and consciences of the fans as much as he might, Imo, is because ever since he became manager the talk has been of Pep taking over. Pellegrini has always been seen as a stopgap manager who is here to keep the seat warm for Pep rather than be a manager in his own right. I think Pellegrini could be here 5 years and he would still be seen as a caretaker manager waiting for when the great messiah appears.

That's a fair point. I don't think there's one reason alone but a combination of many. Some fair some very unfair. I do find it strange that whilst the stats are piling up to suggest MP is a world class manager so many of our own cant see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.