Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right, same again in here. Insulting posters to entice a reaction in the hope the thread will get closed and no one can criticise the manager. Especially after his head scratching decisions today, can't have it can we?..

Proven winner unfortunately.

Firstly, there is a massive difference between being pragmatic and being negative. Being pragmatic is about taking your opponents strengths into consideration and adapting. Two of the best examples of this was from Pellegrini in recent weeks. Bringing on Demichellis at Old Trafford to counter Fellani's introduction and playing us to counter attack against Sevilla when we know they need to and will attack us.

The formation Pellegrini started with today was pragmatic. He didn't know what to expect from Villa so set us up cautiously. That I agree with. However, from half time onwards was utter negativity from the manager and he should take a fair proportion of the blame for this result.

The new manager bounce was clearly there in the first 15 but after that it wore off and we dominated. At half time or shortly afterwards he needed to make the changes to get us back to our normal style. Instead he persevered with Yaya in a role where he was completely ineffective and played KDB out of position.

There was only going to be one winner after 55 minutes and that was us. By that point we were in complete control against a side who are bottom of the league, lost their past 7 games, their best player is one we let go for nothing in the summer and their best player last season was on our bench.

He should have took Fernando off for Kelechi and went with:

--------------------------------------- Yaya --------------- Dinho ---------------------------------
Navas --------------------------------------- KDB ------------------------------- Sterling
---------------------------------------------- Kelechi -------------------------------------------

I just feel that at time no one knew where they were playing. That chance when Guzan dropped Kolarov's free kick and no one was in the box. It felt like a bit of a free for all at times and that kind of suited Villa.

Totally agree. I'm not sure why he thought we needed Fernando in that game at all. I had no issue with Navas coming on early but at 55 mins Kelechi should have been on.

Mourinho
Wenger
Guardiola
Ancelotti
Del Bosque
Joachim Low
Luis Enrique
Van Gaal
Diego Simeone
Benitez
Klopp
Conte
Allegri
Jorge Jesus
Mircea Lucescu
Mancini
Hecking
Unai Emery
Blanc
Deschamps

Guardiola, possibly but not for sure.
Klopp, on a par with.
Everyone else, including Mancini, not on Pellers level. (And I still love Mancini, always have, always will, but he's not the manager Pellers is and never would be)

Mourinho
Wenger
Guardiola
Ancelotti
Del Bosque
Joachim Low
Luis Enrique
Van Gaal
Diego Simeone
Benitez
Klopp
Conte
Allegri
Jorge Jesus
Mircea Lucescu
Mancini
Hecking
Unai Emery
Blanc
Deschamps

Van Gaal?

01cravend or crerand pmsl?

Are we hurting sweet cheeks? I thought you didn't like aggressive posters? Not like you to be hypocritical is it?

Why would I be hurting? I'm disappointed with a poor result, but in the greater scheme of things I'm very happy. I'm proud of where the club where, I'm happy with our squad and the manager, and I think we'll win the league.

That's right, same again in here. Insulting posters to entice a reaction in the hope the thread will get closed and no one can criticise the manager. Especially after his head scratching decisions today, can't have it can we?..

Proven winner unfortunately.

Like he never critized or ridiculed those who supported Mancini.

Totally agree. I'm not sure why he thought we needed Fernando in that game at all. I had no issue with Navas coming on early but at 55 mins Kelechi should have been on.

The original line up was fine, the players started slowly and that wasn't the managers fault at all, he wasn't totally responsible for a pretty bad result today he just added to it with truly awful subs, like I have said he is detrimental to the team based on what I have seen, a better manager would have won us more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.