Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't understand why he gave Iheanacho just 6 minutes against Aston Villa?

Why is he playing the advanced midfielder so far up the pitch it's practically 4-4-2?

Is he as uninspiring behind the scenes as he come across on television? I rarely take note of anything he says, I hope the players get to experience something different.

Why does he play a full strength team in the Capital One Cup? It's a rare chance to give some of our squad a much needed break, and give some promising lad a chance. We may even have a talent!

How is Pellegrini handling Sterling? Does he treat him the same as everyone else? To me the lad needs some belief. Is Pellegrini giving him any encouragement because he looks to me like he needs some.

No one is calling any one names. They are discussing a sensible topic, as you have been. You are free to ignore the thread.

Please God!

praying-hands.jpg

Fitness levels my arse. He ran DeBruyne into the fucking ground a few weeks ago when it suited him.

Champions Lg/protecting own arse/doesn't especially give a fuck about losing to Liverpool if we can pick up the points later/ doesn't give a fuck about us.

Element of truth in that , he wants the CL on his CV, more than likely his last chance of winning it,he took a chance and it bit him on the fucking arse against the scousers.

I normally have a fair bit of respect for your posts, but there's some right guff in that lot, starting with the opening gambit about our starting line up having had enough quality to effectively absolve the manager of blame. Well, winning football matches isn't simply a question of having better players than your opponents, but also about their deployment, their attitude, their discipline and their ability to impose the prescribed game plan whilst negating the strengths of the opposition. As a case in point, Leicester City are top of the league.
The analogy with the Crystal Palace vs Liverpool game is laughable. Firstly Palace were the away team. Secondly Palace are a counterattacking team. Thirdly Palace's starting line up at Klanfield was awash with power, physicality and pace. Fourthly they sat deep with 9 men behind the ball and then blitzed downfield whenever the opportunity presented itself. Fifthly, labelling Liverpool a midtable team is disingenuous in the extreme given what their new manager inherited and given his proven ability to motivate new charges. The same 'mid table' team ran us ragged at Anfield only 7 months ago, and Klopp's Dortmund gave us the mother of all footballing lessons in the CL 3 years ago. That should have been enough alone for Pellegrini to take heed, and the idea that we shouldn't have been concerned was arrogant and naive in equal measure; QED.

City meanwhile defended high up the pitch, had two slightly built lightweights out wide, and two immobile central midfielders, who turned over possession and then lacked the legs to get back and cover as a red shirted swarm descended on our 36 year old centre half. Our set up was Klippety's wettest dream. The players didn't help, but in 2015, Barca twice, Liverpool twice, the rags, Spurs, Juventus, the Arse, Monchengladbach (until he gave Ya Ya the hook) and Seville at the Etihad (albeit that we somehow ended up winning the game), have all taught us the same lesson to varying degrees. If I hadn't watched Ya Ya Toure standing on the halfway line in the Allianz, whilst Jerome Boateng virtually walked the ball up to the edge of the City penalty area again and again and again, I might have been more prepared to put the boot into the players (and there's no denying they weren't partly culpable), but sadly I did watch it, and I am therefore more inclined to question the wisdom of the man, who keeps sending his team out with seemingly no regard for how he might combat what the opposition might do

That post is so fucking good it's like poetry! Absolutely bang on, superb mate. Agree with every word.

I still can't understand why he gave Iheanacho just 6 minutes against Aston Villa?

Why is he playing the advanced midfielder so far up the pitch it's practically 4-4-2?

Is he as uninspiring behind the scenes as he come across on television? I rarely take note of anything he says, I hope the players get to experience something different.

Why does he play a full strength team in the Capital One Cup? It's a rare chance to give some of our squad a much needed break, and give some promising lad a chance. We may even have a talent!

How is Pellegrini handling Sterling? Does he treat him the same as everyone else? To me the lad needs some belief. Is Pellegrini giving him any encouragement because he looks to me like he needs some.
Agree with everything there especially Sterling. Talents at that age need a top coach to guide them and improve them, a father figure in a kind of way. Sterling looks like a lost headless chicken at times and I'm sure it's not fully his own doing.

[QUrmaan, post: 9006603, member: 26014"]Agree with everything there especially Sterling. Talents at that age need a top coach to guide them and improve them, a father figure in a kind of way. Sterling looks like a lost headless chicken at times and I'm sure it's not fully his own doing.[/QUOTE]

If theres any rich blues on here there's a chance to meet Manuel at a City dinner and ask him some of the above questions.

[QUrmaan, post: 9006603, member: 26014"]Agree with everything there especially Sterling. Talents at that age need a top coach to guide them and improve them, a father figure in a kind of way. Sterling looks like a lost headless chicken at times and I'm sure it's not fully his own doing.

If theres any rich blues on here there's a chance to meet Manuel at a City dinner and ask him some of the above questions.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, because there the kind of questions he'll answer at a fans Q&A.
It's actually one of the things I like about him, the fact he gives nothing away. I appreciate that as fans we want to know the ins and outs of what's going on, but knowing whatever's said will get twisted anyway it's best he keeps shctum!

I normally have a fair bit of respect for your posts, but there's some right guff in that lot, starting with the opening gambit about our starting line up having had enough quality to effectively absolve the manager of blame. Well, winning football matches isn't simply a question of having better players than your opponents, but also about their deployment, their attitude, their discipline and their ability to impose the prescribed game plan whilst negating the strengths of the opposition. As a case in point, Leicester City are top of the league.
The analogy with the Crystal Palace vs Liverpool game is laughable. Firstly Palace were the away team. Secondly Palace are a counterattacking team. Thirdly Palace's starting line up at Klanfield was awash with power, physicality and pace. Fourthly they sat deep with 9 men behind the ball and then blitzed downfield whenever the opportunity presented itself. Fifthly, labelling Liverpool a midtable team is disingenuous in the extreme given what their new manager inherited and given his proven ability to motivate new charges. The same 'mid table' team ran us ragged at Anfield only 7 months ago, and Klopp's Dortmund gave us the mother of all footballing lessons in the CL 3 years ago. That should have been enough alone for Pellegrini to take heed, and the idea that we shouldn't have been concerned was arrogant and naive in equal measure; QED.

City meanwhile defended high up the pitch, had two slightly built lightweights out wide, and two immobile central midfielders, who turned over possession and then lacked the legs to get back and cover as a red shirted swarm descended on our 36 year old centre half. Our set up was Klippety's wettest dream. The players didn't help, but in 2015, Barca twice, Liverpool twice, the rags, Spurs, Juventus, the Arse, Monchengladbach (until he gave Ya Ya the hook) and Seville at the Etihad (albeit that we somehow ended up winning the game), have all taught us the same lesson to varying degrees. If I hadn't watched Ya Ya Toure standing on the halfway line in the Allianz, whilst Jerome Boateng virtually walked the ball up to the edge of the City penalty area again and again and again, I might have been more prepared to put the boot into the players (and there's no denying they weren't partly culpable), but sadly I did watch it, and I am therefore more inclined to question the wisdom of the man, who keeps sending his team out with seemingly no regard for how he might combat what the opposition might do

Bang on mate. Bang on the money!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.