Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is far too easy to blame Yaya for all of our poor performances.

People need to accept that Yaya has a laboured style of play. That does not mean he is lazy and not hard working, however the fact he is 6ft odd and around 15+ stone shows that he is not the most mobile player.

Yaya is/was impossible to stop once he got going but it was his acceleration that has always hindered him. Expecting him to keep up with quicker, smaller, agile and more mobile players such as Coutinho and Lallana is practically impossible. Especially in this day and age when you cannot even fart without giving away a free kick.

That doesn't mean he has been strolling round the pitch doing nothing. IMO, Yaya looks the same player when he plays well as when he plays poor. The only difference being the result. People have rarely ever judged him as a 7 out of 10 player. With Toure he is either brilliant or shit and that seems to depend on if City win or not.

He gets a lot of unfair criticism. However, in the past few seasons bang average players like Puncheon and Mason have run rings past him, solely due to the fact that they are more energetic and quicker. It seems Pellegrini is hanging him out to dry by putting him in a midfield two against energetic players.

Not putting down Yaya. Would like the players to all chase and harry the opposition without the ball....then pass and move into space to create options for when City are in possesion. We cant all win every game but footy players have to be responsible too. When does a player ever come out and say to the fans " sorry guys we were bobbins today".

I think we have by far the strongest first team and squad in the Premier League, Chelsea first team is close, followed by Arse as a squad.

Counter question, when did you realise that Yaya was shit in a midfield two? I like many blues realised this around 2 years ago, it has also been noted by several pundits.

So if Pellegini is a great manager, why does he KEEP making the same mistakes OVER and OVER again?

To answer your question. Firstly, I wouldn,t use the term shit. Inefective probably better describes him in that scenario and I too saw that some time ago. I cannot answer the second part, nor can anyone else on here I suspect, but I genuinely believe he is not as stupid as many are portraying, and he would have had his reasons for the selection on Sat. Because we do or do not agree with whatever team a manager puts out, they make their selection based on many things that we are not privy to.

To answer your question. Firstly, I wouldn,t use the term shit. Inefective probably better describes him in that scenario and I too saw that some time ago. I cannot answer the second part, nor can anyone else on here I suspect, but I genuinely believe he is not as stupid as many are portraying, and he would have had his reasons for the selection on Sat. Because we do or do not agree with whatever team a manager puts out, they make their selection based on many things that we are not privy to.
The fernando and yaya 2 has never worked,if mp had looked at how klopp sets up his teams it would have been as obvious what we all said would happen.He arrogantly doesn't change our game to take into account the other side,that is what fucking annoys me

It is far too easy to blame Yaya for all of our poor performances.

People need to accept that Yaya has a laboured style of play. That does not mean he is lazy and not hard working, however the fact he is 6ft odd and around 15+ stone shows that he is not the most mobile player.

Yaya is/was impossible to stop once he got going but it was his acceleration that has always hindered him. Expecting him to keep up with quicker, smaller, agile and more mobile players such as Coutinho and Lallana is practically impossible. Especially in this day and age when you cannot even fart without giving away a free kick.

That doesn't mean he has been strolling round the pitch doing nothing. IMO, Yaya looks the same player when he plays well as when he plays poor. The only difference being the result. People have rarely ever judged him as a 7 out of 10 player. With Toure he is either brilliant or shit and that seems to depend on if City win or not.

He gets a lot of unfair criticism. However, in the past few seasons bang average players like Puncheon and Mason have run rings past him, solely due to the fact that they are more energetic and quicker. It seems Pellegrini is hanging him out to dry by putting him in a midfield two against energetic players.

Yaya has never been able to chase players or mark players. Mancini used to make exactly the same mistake in europe by trusting Yaya to defend certain areas/runners. It cost us over & over & over again & that was even sometimes with Barry DeJong & Milner in the team. He was the bloke 'marking' Cavani at the corner all those years ago.

He can't be trusted to do a job defensively. He is a great footballer, still.

Pellegrini is a fucking dickhead for asking him to do stuff he couldn't be relied upon to do five years ago.

And when given hindsight after the game he says "I would pick the same team AGAIN". Placing the blame solely with the players.

Yaya has never been able to chase players or mark players. Mancini used to make exactly the same mistake in europe by trusting Yaya to defend certain areas/runners. It cost us over & over & over again & that was even sometimes with Barry DeJong & Milner in the team. He was the bloke 'marking' Cavani at the corner all those years ago.

He can't be trusted to do a job defensively. He is a great footballer, still.

Pellegrini is a fucking dickhead for asking him to do stuff he couldn't be relied upon to do five years ago.

Correct, there's a place for that type of player in a team, just further up the pitch with a solid base behind them.

I still like the idea of de Boer but I have not played close attention to how he is doing at the moment; other than having Ajax on top of the league.

There's a number of options, I think Emery has been mentioned in dispatches and I rate him and like the fact that he is apparently obsessive about detailed preparation.

Low has also been mentioned and he would be interesting.

Closer to home, also mentioned, there's Pinocchio or Koeman but can't see the former leaving Spurs at the end of the season.

I just want Pep though and not too interested in other options until he is not an option.

De Boer would be on my shortlist, and very near the top of it. He will have hunger and desire, and it`s now time for him to move up a level. His Ajax team play at Celtic tomorrow night for those who are interested.

That,s your take on it. Have you thought there might be other interpretations of that

Such as?

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini: "Today we did it all wrong - the performance, the way we defended, the way we went forward. It was a fake night, a fake game. It is difficult to understand.
"If we meant to do it on purpose we couldn't have done it that badly. We tried to make changes and have some options to score. We tried to fight but continued making so many mistakes with the ball."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.