Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if he doesn't want to come on a temp basis
The players are not in a good condition, and we can't play our full squad

I remember when we played Liverpool recently loads of fans said when they heard the line up they knew we'd get beat. Same today. I could not be confident we'd beat Stoke with the 11 that started today. Demichelis scares me to death. Bony is way short of confidence. There are several players who are playing every 3-4 days because other players are injured. Silva is just coming back. We are limping from game to game. It's not as easy as you think.

Not saying Pellegrini hasn't donethings wrong, but football is 11 v 11, and there's luck and a lot of variables that aren't all under control

Hugh Laurie

Aside from Pep and Ancelotti there are no world class managers on the market.

Mancini was a successful manager at Inter and Pellegrini had done a good job where ever he had been. Both had been good for us but have their flaws. I see Sanchez Flores as a combined version of tactical nous and having an attacking style. Surely that's the balance we need and he's doing a very good job at Watford.

Aside from that there is Poch who is doing a very good job at Spurs but I cannot see us going for him. Surely if we wanted that style we'd have gone for Klopp.

The only other managers who could perhaps be worth a punt are De Boer and Conte.

Did you not see Fernando today? A strategically placed traffic cone would have been more effective.
He dived in and didn't win the ball in a couple of key moments, but he's still an extremely athletic and powerful player. I think he's undermined by injury at the moment.

We need to arrest this slide before we begin to drop down the table any further. In the circumstances the answer to the question must be yes.
The problem is that with Pep waiting in the wings any replacement would probably only be temporary. Great pity that the dippers secured the services of Klopp when you look at the effect he has had on turning their season around. Only person I can think of is Ancelotti.

Pellegrini has a 67% win ratio.

The truth is only a handful of men are capable of replacing and there is no need for out right panic.
Not this only a fuckin handful of men can replace him bullshit again, he's a busted flush just like last season

Dont kid yourself thinking he's top notch.

No. Presumably the hope is we are lining someone (Pep) up for the summer. Pointless to remove Pellegrini unless we're truly in drastic danger of missing out on CL, i.e. lost the dressing room & this type of performance starts becoming the norm.

I'm sure others have pointed out we've got something like a 67% win ratio & score almost 3 a game under Pellegrini if you average it out, we're somehow still not far off top in the league, going to Wembley & the only English team through in CL so far - give him a chance to rectify the issues I say; with the players missing it's not unexpected to have dips - though that doesn't excuse our absolutely gash attempts at "defending" of late.

Don't think he is or ever was a long-term plan but can't see axing him at this stage making much difference to what we end up with this season. If he can somehow stumble us over the line to a trophy this season then he can leave with his dignity & having delivered 3 trophies in 3 years - rather than cut loose half-way through the season when he's (on paper) doing alright.

Not this only a fuckin handful of men can replace him bullshit again, he's a busted flush just like last season

Rubbish. There are a handful of managers out there, attainable that can come in and manage a club of our expectations now.

Thats got fuck all to do with Pellegrini or his performance, its a fact.

At the moment many could do a better job for us simply because he's lost the players. Keeping him another day is the worst option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.