Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Otamendi needs a Kompany, or at a push even Mangala, alongside him. A stronger, more physical player who can plug the centre of the defense. Otamendi and Demichelis is a marriage made in hell.
Agree, I just think we have to wait and see with Otamendi because being better than Demichilis and Mangala does not make him a good player

Oh Lordy its come to this today has it? Lashing out and wanting to sack the manager to complaining about our owner - the man who is basically the saviour of our club - through whom we have investment - plans - a vision and a future. Yeah lets get rid of them all - we will be playing Stockport County again quite soon.

This thread is no officially a disgrace
The chairman....not the owner

I know this is considered sacrilegious around here, but why does Khaldoon get a pass?

He hired the Barca boys and presumably gave his blessing to keep Pellegrini over taking Klopp. He approved the same treatment of Mancini, keeping him an extra year without addressing our underlying problems. We've had far more transfer misses than hits.

So why does he get a pass? He gives good speeches but football isn't his area of expertise. The chairman at PSG has arguably done better in a shorter time.

I had wondered if Pellegrini's seeming tactical inflexibility was down to Sorriano as he has continually said our teams at all must play with a high defensive line but against the rags and Seville we didn't use that system so it probably can't be that.

I
I know this is considered sacrilegious around here, but why does Khaldoon get a pass?

He hired the Barca boys and presumably gave his blessing to keep Pellegrini over taking Klopp. He approved the same treatment of Mancini, keeping him an extra year without addressing our underlying problems. We've had far more transfer misses than hits.

So why does he get a pass? He gives good speeches but football isn't his area of expertise. The chairman at PSG has arguably done better in a shorter time.
actually you are crossing the line there. He's a great chairman and absolutely Fook all to do with decisions on that pitch. He is there to look after the interests of mr mansour and he does it very well

Oh Lordy its come to this today has it? Lashing out and wanting to sack the manager to complaining about our owner - the man who is basically the saviour of our club - through whom we have investment - plans - a vision and a future. Yeah lets get rid of them all - we will be playing Stockport County again quite soon.

I'm not complaining about our owner. Khaldoon is just the man the Sheikh has entrusted to run us.

But I knew this was the kind of response I'd get. No analysis, just the same defensive stuff used to defend Mancini, Pellegrini and other untouchable bluemoon faves (until our patience runs out, then critical examination is allowed)

To answer the question... immediately . No

That is more because he is most likely being replaced at the end of the season anyway.. For all his naivety / flaws he is a title winning manager.

Also, this is a damn strange season, with Chelsea losing again! Anyone can beat anyone, so by the team MP leaves next year he could and probably should be have 2 titles in 3 seasons!

I cant see any self respecting, top class manager taking it on until its clear that the job isn't going to be given to Guardiola whenever he decides he wants it.

Khaldoon isn't our owner. I haven't seen anyone complaining about our owner.

The chairman....not the owner

Sorry in my rage at the post I got myself mixed up - to consider starting to question the hierarchy is just madness - its not like they haven't got anything else they could put more of their time and effort into is it? Still an absolutely disgraceful thread in response to a defeat when the team is 3rd in the league - 2pts off the top- semis of the league cup and knockout stages of the CL with the FA Cup to come.

Boiling as well when I think about the treatment of Iheanacho and our youngsters in general.

What signals does it send when an uninterested, talentless, out of form Bony keeps on getting the nod over and over again. Don't complain about injuries and fatigue when you clearly have players that can do the job for you. Would we be worse off with Roberts instead of Navas, Iheanacho instead of Bony and Humphreys instead of Demi? I don't think so, and we would also have players that show some fighting spirit and effort.

I'm grateful for what Pellegrini has done when it comes to minimizing scandals and negative headlines, but it's a result based game after all and at the moment, we don't score and we concede crazy amounts of goals and there are no signs whatsoever that this will change. I've never regarded him as a tactically competent manager, and that is exactly what we need now when the dust has settled from the crazy Mancini/Tevez/Balotelli days, but god how much I miss them at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.