Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would help if we had the majority of the best players in the squad fit enough to play together. I am far from convinced by Pellers but the injuries have been very telling.

Also, I have never felt embarrassed by football. Strange how so many seem to be.
Thing is, even with all our injuries I can't remember a single game where I thought we had less talent on the pitch than the other team.

Give Wenger De Bruyne, Otamendi and Sterling, and he'd walk the league.

Can anyone argue that Pellegrini is getting the most from the squad at his disposal? Fundamentally that is his job, and if he cant achieve that then he has failed and needs to be replaced.

Cheerio.

Thing is, even with all our injuries I can't remember a single game where I thought we had less talent on the pitch than the other team.

Give Wenger De Bruyne, Otamendi and Sterling, and he'd walk the league.

Sterling? Augero maybe. i doubt he'd want Sterling.

I new he was crap the 1st year it got hidden by Stevie G, this squad with a good manager should have won the last 3 seasons and should be 10 points clear now

That's garbage. We were the best team in the league that year. Gerrard's slip would have been irrelevant had Clattenberg had a functioning pair of eyes and a conscience a few weeks earlier on Candle Day. And you seem to have forgotten we have played a good deal of this season without our best 3 players.

Can anyone argue that Pellegrini is getting the most from the squad at his disposal? Fundamentally that is his job, and if he cant achieve that then he has failed and needs to be replaced.

Cheerio.

I think most people think he will go in the summer. I'd be very surprised if he was still our manager next season. But I don't think we'll be as rash as to sack him now. Whatever happens, I imagine he'll be in charge for the remainder of the season.

Good job you weren't here in 2006/7 then, you'd have lost the will to live! Things haven't changed that much, trust me!

In 2006/07 we were a team that in the previous few years was often struggling against bankruptcy, relegation, players being nicked by bigger clubs and a host of other issues. Panicking every time we got beat there was understandable because it could always be the start of the next decline.

Now we're a world class team worth three billion quid, constant challengers or winners of the league who often go far in cup competitions and are in the CL every year.

The variables aren't the same to compare. Throwing the toys out after every loss then was a little more realistic (and I was here though not a regular as I was on MCF at the time who would have viewed such a thing as treachery and still think things were calmer), but now it's just madness.

ESPECIALLY as we've shown in both our recent titles that we can turn around an 8 point deficit when needed, let alone a 3 point one.

Yeah fine people are upset when we get beat as am I. But it's like they try to out shitpost each other. It can't just be a bad performance. It has to be an embarrassment where questions must be asked at the highest levels. We can't just be disappointed at losing now, we need to make wholesale changes in the club when we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.