Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just telling it how it is

We needed to beat Hull. had we played a weakened team, and got beat, we'd have been in a worse position.

If you are going to compete in 4 competitions, you need a full squad or something approaching it. Is it Pellegrini's fault that have lost Aguero, Silva, Kompany for major parts of this season plus many others. Zabaleta, Mangala, Clichy, Bony, Nasri, Toure. The list is ridiculous. That is bound to take its toll

You just can't lose that number of players and not see a serious impact on results

And when the players were available we were winning every week. You have to conclude that injuries are responsible in a very large part to dip in form

It is partly his fault as he rushes them back as soon as they are remotely fit. Also his lack of rotation is hurting the team. He runs the team into the ground making like 1 non forced change maximum between games, when we are playing every 3/4 days. His squad management is awful.

Last edited:
In 2006/07 we were a team that in the previous few years was often struggling against bankruptcy, relegation, players being nicked by bigger clubs and a host of other issues. Panicking every time we got beat there was understandable because it could always be the start of the next decline.

Now we're a world class team worth three billion quid, constant challengers or winners of the league who often go far in cup competitions and are in the CL every year.

The variables aren't the same to compare. Throwing the toys out after every loss then was a little more realistic (and I was here though not a regular as I was on MCF at the time who would have viewed such a thing as treachery and still think things were calmer), but now it's just madness.

ESPECIALLY as we've shown in both our recent titles that we can turn around an 8 point deficit when needed, let alone a 3 point one.

Yeah fine people are upset when we get beat as am I. But it's like they try to out shitpost each other. It can't just be a bad performance. It has to be an embarrassment where questions must be asked at the highest levels. We can't just be disappointed at losing now, we need to make wholesale changes in the club when we do.

At the same time, with what you've posted above, we shouldn't be at the point of watching the last half hour of a game to enjoy how Stoke are playing against us.

The expectations of results, and performance, are far different now.

I guess it's also about what standards you hold the team to. A passive fan whose lost real competitive interest because we've won a few trophies so it doesn't matter, against someone who sees where the owner wants to take us and then judges us against not only those mandates, but the appropriate competition and prior benchmarks and standards set, or the many grey areas in the middle. If its the second option, then on here every result will be viewed with a far more critical eye than the first would.

Plus, people can be far more critical on here and get on with it with no effect on them in real-life, this place is a particular outlet for some people to critique, analyse and go into depth. I don't talk about City to my mates with the same expectations or critique as I do on here, I'm far more the passive "enjoying the ride", but get me on here with a bunch of other Blues discussing City-specific issues and my view becomes far more critical. It's about circumstances as much as anything.

He's just telling it how it is

We needed to beat Hull. had we played a weakened team, and got beat, we'd have been in a worse position.

If you are going to compete in 4 competitions, you need a full squad or something approaching it. Is it Pellegrini's fault that have lost Aguero, Silva, Kompany for major parts of this season plus many others. Zabaleta, Mangala, Clichy, Bony, Nasri, Toure. The list is ridiculous. That is bound to take its toll

You just can't lose that number of players and not see a serious impact on results

And when the players were available we were winning every week. You have to conclude that injuries are responsible in a very large part to dip in form
He can't help the injuries, but he should be getting a lot more from the players available.
Stop making excuses for him.

Yeah fine people are upset when we get beat as am I. But it's like they try to out shitpost each other. It can't just be a bad performance. It has to be an embarrassment where questions must be asked at the highest levels. We can't just be disappointed at losing now, we need to make wholesale changes in the club when we do

Don't get me wrong mate, I agree with you. It's ridiculous. It's just always been that way, and always will. It's not specific to City, or Bluemoon. It's just how football fans are.

Regardless of the club, some people at the games, on forums, and on social media are the same. Football is emotive, and people are prone to huge overreactions. I'd love Bluemoon to be a haven for rational, pragmatic views but it never has been, and never will be.

It's the same for all clubs, that's why it grates when people think it only happens on Bluemoon, or Bluemoan as the great wits call it. Anyone thinking moaning about their club is specific to this club or forum is woefully out of touch with the game and it's fans.

Don't get me wrong mate, I agree with you. It's ridiculous. It's just always been that way, and always will. It's not specific to City, or Bluemoon. It's just how football fans are.

Regardless of the club, some people at the games, on forums, and on social media are the same. Football is emotive, and people are prone to huge overreactions. I'd love Bluemoon to be a haven for rational, pragmatic views but it never has been, and never will be.

It's the same for all clubs, that's why it grates when people think it only happens on Bluemoon, or Bluemoan as the great wits call it. Anyone thinking moaning about their club is specific to this club or forum is woefully out of touch with the game and it's fans.
That's part of the fun though, isn't it. I fucking love the looneys. You won't beat Big Mal's thread about marching across the ground to give the Tafia an earful. Classic.

I think you're ignoring the point I was making. If given the choice of any squad in the Premier League, I would choose ours every time. So my question stands; In the Premier League who has a stronger squad (in your opinion) than City do. Very simple question.
We have the strongest 11, that I have no doubt. If you feel we could put 4 or 5 squad players in and then expect to compete against any of the top sides in the division, you clearly rate the likes of Willy, Fernando, Zab (sad to say that) and others. Having a strong squad imo means being able to compete with first team players of other teams without a dramatic fall off in quality. Your prerogative to think we have that, but check out all the players who are getting called out week in week out on this forum. I,m not suggesting Pellers is exempt from criticism, but This belief we should be blowing every other team away because of ouyr squad only really stacks up if the team you are playing is equally decimated through injuries. We need to accept that some teams have better first team players than our squad players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.