Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's being out thought by the managerial genius (sarcasm) of Mark Hughes - who we got rid of for not being good enough.

Don't get me wrong mate, I agree with you. It's ridiculous. It's just always been that way, and always will. It's not specific to City, or Bluemoon. It's just how football fans are.

Regardless of the club, some people at the games, on forums, and on social media are the same. Football is emotive, and people are prone to huge overreactions. I'd love Bluemoon to be a haven for rational, pragmatic views but it never has been, and never will be.

It's the same for all clubs, that's why it grates when people think it only happens on Bluemoon, or Bluemoan as the great wits call it. Anyone thinking moaning about their club is specific to this club or forum is woefully out of touch with the game and it's fans.

Football fans are very fickle, always have been, always will be........we're a funny breed

Aresenal possibly but dont see what point you are trying to make
There is no right or wrong answer as its all about opinions, but to make it clear I think we have the strongest squad in the league and have had for the last 3 seasons.

The point I'm trying to make is that a good manager will get good performances equal to the sum of their parts. A great manager has the ability to get great performances greater than the sum of the parts at his disposal, so where would you place Manuel?

Another question: Do you feel Manuel is getting the most out of the players he has available?

why?

richest club in the world and all that.....

it's not like we have needed a complete overhaul....just some strengthening in key areas of obvious weakness, and god knows we have had the money and the pulling power to do it

I agree, I'm baffled by our recruitment. If Cook had brought in the dross that has then he'd have a thread on here that was never ending.

I think it's the volume that's the difference. Yes this happens all over football and all over football forums, but it's not an either-or situation. The choice isn't this or constant pragmatism, there are markers in between which can be hit. We can be emotive and a bit mad but when it's not 50% a bit mad but 90% a bit mad then it's always going to draw criticism. The problem as well is that it's not something that can sort itself out because you reach a critical mass whereby when you start losing the more pragmatic posters the tips that scale a little bit again. How many times have we said either jokingly or serious "think I'll give the forum a miss for a few days given the result!"? Others will be saying it too. If it's got bad enough that regulars are saying it then it's gotten pretty bad.
Got to agree with you, I won't look at the match day thread again, finding the whole place hard work, have we forgotten who we are? It's a club I love, win or not, let's face it most of us have been through a lot worse.

strongest squad in the league?

1 player up front and 1 player in defence away from weakness

no strength in depth at all except in midfield

But he had some say? Why I said part of.

Surprised if he had no part.

If we work the way Barca do, and presumably we do, he'll get to demand the odd player and the rest will just be given to him to work with whether he particularly fancies them or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.