Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we were using your idea of thought, Silva can never have a bad game and should be exonerated from criticism. I appreciate the quality we have, but I can't appreciate a lack of effort.
Where did I say he was exempt from criticism?

You called him a fucking disgrace; retracted; and then acted all incredulous at how people reacted to what you posted. In that order.

Weirdo.

But I don't believe the kids are ready. People are asking for X and Y player to be in, and the truth is I trust the club's judgement on where they stand.

Which people exactly in 'the club' who have told you none of the kids are good enough to do 20 mins off the bench when we're winning at home, are you referring to ?

A top class manager gets the most out of his team - makes them more than the sum of their parts, or, at least the sum of their parts.

Pellegrini didn't do it last year, and, on the whole, isn't doing it this year. Of course we have missed players, but considering the talent at our disposal, to not score in 4 consecutive away games (3 in the league) is really poor. Yesterday we didn't really look like scoring. Stoke, the lowest scorers in the league, carved us open a number of times, and should have scored 4 or 5; we, on the other hand, barely carved them open at all.

I'm not sure we have progressed over the last year or so. We started off like a house on fire, but that fantastic start has clouded where we really are. We are worse off than we were last season (and it was more or less accepted that we under performed last season.)

I hear a lot that we are prioritising the CL - but, Sevilla away aside, we haven't exactly blown teams away.

It will be interesting to see what happens when everyone is fit again. However, when 1 or 2 players under perform, that's football. When it's most of the team, then you have to look at the manager. Both seasons we won the league we lost 5, and 6 - we have already lost 4. Not being able to find the net against Villa was very disappointing, too.

I doubt we will sack a manager mid season, but he is rapidly losing the fans. And rightly or wrongly, the substitution of Dinho yesterday did him no favours, as you could hear by the reaction.

You can't sack a team of under performing players. You can sack an under performing manager.

Where did I say he was exempt from criticism?

You called him a fucking disgrace; retracted; and then acted all incredulous at how people reacted to what you posted. In that order.

Weirdo.

You've made it evidently clear Silva shouldn't be criticised, my issue is people are getting very defensive, but even the most ardent and biases fellow City fan can see he wasn't at the required standard yesterday.

It's obvious that people aren't able to blame certain players after defeats, just the manager and a select few.

I think this group of players has it within them to let any manager down.

Then that's more of a management problem then for me , he's giving players too much slack despite poor performances, Bony a casing point, Yaya another, they are given the impression that playing good once in a while is good enough, said it before but the best players we have were signed before Pellegrini turned up.

As KN has said and rightly so is his complete ignorance of youth players at his disposal is fucking criminal, he's hanging players out to dry for his own self importance, too many people are falling for his Mr Nice Guy image when in reality it's all about him, he doesn't give a fuck about City, the squad is underperforming and that's down to him.

I'd expect Tottenham and Liverpool to finish above us this season the way we are plundering along - the players don't get him anymore.

Which people exactly in 'the club' who have told you none of the kids are good enough to do 20 mins off the bench when we're winning at home, are you referring to ?

I haven't said I know anybody, so I've no idea where that suggestion stems from. My train of thought was if the manager, (who works with them on a daily basis) decides they're not ready to play in these instances, then I'm more inclined to believe his judgement than someone who may watch the EDS now and then.

A top class manager gets the most out of his team - makes them more than the sum of their parts, or, at least the sum of their parts.

Pellegrini didn't do it last year, and, on the whole, isn't doing it this year. Of course we have missed players, but considering the talent at our disposal, to not score in 4 consecutive away games (3 in the league) is really poor. Yesterday we didn't really look like scoring. Stoke, the lowest scorers in the league, carved us open a number of times, and should have scored 4 or 5; we, on the other hand, barely carved them open at all.

I'm not sure we have progressed over the last year or so. We started off like a house on fire, but that fantastic start has clouded where we really are. We are worse off than we were last season (and it was more or less accepted that we under performed last season.)

I hear a lot that we are prioritising the CL - but, Sevilla away aside, we haven't exactly blown teams away.

It will be interesting to see what happens when everyone is fit again. However, when 1 or 2 players under perform, that's football. When it's most of the team, then you have to look at the manager. Both seasons we won the league we lost 5, and 6 - we have already lost 4. Not being able to find the net against Villa was very disappointing, too.

I doubt we will sack a manager mid season, but he is rapidly losing the fans. And rightly or wrongly, the substitution of Dinho yesterday did him no favours, as you could hear by the reaction.

You can't sack a team of under performing players. You can sack an under performing manager.

But then what's the excuse for Mourinho? What was the excuse for Klopp last year when in the relegation zone?

I think it's far too easy to just point blame solely at MP, there's contributing factors into our poor form.

I have lost a fair bit of faith in Pellegrini i do feel a change now would end up costing us more though, better the devil you know and all that.

The main feeling i can gauge is...

"lost faith in him and if he did go now i would not have much fight in me to oppose it, not a bad manager just not the great one we need to make it to the very very top"

Many are angry but i don't think many really hate the man, just super duper frustrated with his sanguin approach to everything.
He needs to have shown a bit more fire at times and now people have come to the conclusion he never will show it, at least enough to make the squad work harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.