Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, watching the Liverpool game earlier in the afternoon, I was so impressed with the Watford manager Enrique "Quique" Sánchez Flores. Yet another excellent game in charge of the Hornets. Extremely flexible in his set up and tactics always chosen to suit the opposition.
If we fail to get Pep then this chap is the man - he'll certainly do away with this constant high defensive line that Pellegrini wheels out every game regardless of the opposition.
The problem isn't our high line, its how its deployed and the fact we don't compress the space in between our lines. The application of it must be down to the way our manager trains his squad. He obviously prefers a high line (which I agree with) and he's had 2 1/2 years to get it right. If he hasn't done so yet, I don't hold out much hope he'll achieve it any time in the future either.

Last edited:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion however facts portray the real picture. Double winner in 1st season, 2nd in 2nd season and who knows this season, however we are the only club to be in all 4 competitions. MP has steadied the ship, removed the issues we had with the Press and all the poor publicity we got and in general has proved to be a very professional, genuine and knowledgeable guy. We will never have a manager that suits everyone's taste, it's just not going to happen but whoever we have in charge deserves respect and backing until the day they go. I think he will go at the end of the season and in a very dignified way, what happens in the Club stays in the Club, definitely being his ethos and for that I for one am very thankful. We should all be supporting him and the team loud and proud until the end of the season and then shake hands and move on.

Bruh

You joined in 2009? I joined the month before the takeover?

Bottom line is he's a shit manager, i'd drive him down to the bridge myself but he'd stink my car out

ive been supporting City for 50 years pal & even in the dark times I wouldn't have written that. Besides - it's clearly undeserved.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion however facts portray the real picture. Double winner in 1st season, 2nd in 2nd season and who knows this season, however we are the only club to be in all 4 competitions. MP has steadied the ship, removed the issues we had with the Press and all the poor publicity we got and in general has proved to be a very professional, genuine and knowledgeable guy. We will never have a manager that suits everyone's taste, it's just not going to happen but whoever we have in charge deserves respect and backing until the day they go. I think he will go at the end of the season and in a very dignified way, what happens in the Club stays in the Club, definitely being his ethos and for that I for one am very thankful. We should all be supporting him and the team loud and proud until the end of the season and then shake hands and move on.

Well said. And you'd think, now that he's in his last few months, even those who aren't enamoured with him would give him a decent send-off. Reading some of the posts on here, however, decency and respect seem absent in some people.

think the team let him down today so won't give Pellegrini a lot of blame. The XI was fine, even at 1-0 down we were the better side. Comical defending for the 2nd and game over.

Terrible tactictian, terrible team selector with a very gifted squad of players. Nowhere near good enough for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.