Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team falls apart because it concedes first half goals. The opponent can then sit back, soak up any pressure, and concentrate on isolating individuals. Individuals get tired, the support isn't there. Our attacks get slower.

The job for the manager is to stop us conceding first half goals. Even if means a few frustrating games. Because at the moment, all we are doing is practising the art of falling apart and trying to run up a mountain. It's got to be very dispiriting, even more so because it's just not necessary.

I really don't know what the solution is but the team is badly underachieving. The players' mental strength is something that I continue to question and they certainly fucked up tonight in ways that the must make the manager very frustrated. However, I think he got his team shape, tactics and selection wrong. Some of that comes with hindsight but not entirely: we debated on this thread earlier in week not playing both KDB and Sterling and he should have been brave enough to do that; with hindsight, I would suggest he could have gone further and had both Sterling and Navas start the game, with all of Yaya, Dinho and Delph also starting, sitting back and flooding the midfield. He won't do that though.

Based on results, I have passed the tipping point and it is time for him to go but, practically speaking, sacking him now does not look very viable.

It isn't viable.

I was hoping to see Yaya, Delph & Fernandinho, as a 3 in front of our SHITE cbs tonight, dominating Arsenal in that area. The front 3 I trusted to Pellegrini. Aguero IF FIT maybe.

He made a complete arse of it. But I think a change, knowing Pep is coming, gives the players an excuse to shit out & blame it on others. We twatted Arsenal later in the game. Lets just play like that win lose or draw. Back our talent for 6 months then go back to building a football club afterwards.

Do blame the manager but that's OTT

The manager isn't competent to where we want to be but he is doing what he thinks is right, if you ask joey Essex to explain quantum physics he will fail, the blame is on the guys who decided pellekeegan should continue after last years ineptitude

It isn't viable.

I was hoping to see Yaya, Delph & Fernandinho, as a 3 in front of our SHITE cbs tonight, dominating Arsenal in that area. The front 3 I trusted to Pellegrini. Aguero IF FIT maybe.

He made a complete arse of it. But I think a change, knowing Pep is coming, gives the players an excuse to shit out & blame it on others. We twatted Arsenal later in the game. Lets just play like that win lose or draw. Back our talent for 6 months then go back to building a football club afterwards.

So what team would you pick with everyone fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.