Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe we played a different system or formation. Literally straight from kick off Silva and Aguero went up top together. However, putting the headless chicken that is Delph out on the left was as practical as sticking Demichelis out there. Other than "Fuck it, I'm away in a few months anyway" I don't see his logic.

Yeah but that's what I mean. It's on paper as 4231, but it's actually the same 442 or 4222 that he's played his whole career. But instead of having some big fucker do Aguero's battling for him, we have two little shortarses v two big cbs, & two in centre mid & Aguero just giving up making any kind of challenge for the ball.

Delph should be a grafter in a 433 not a wide player. Pellegrini imo is falling between two stools. Paying lip service to not being 'tactically naive' but going against his own principles, which would be two strikers. He can't organise a defence to save his fucking life, so the whole thing is an absolute disaster. He might as well just play two up & attack, & hope for the best.

We can argue all day long, but the stats are starting to speak for themselves.
Any team can lose at Arsenal ,but the real crimes were in the previous away games at Tottenham, Villa, and Stoke, when Pellegrini rotated too much, and tinkered with our style. We're not even playing attacking football now.

What actually happens during our training sessions?

If our performances since September are any inclination of that then it would seem that all we do is repeat the same passage of set plays on a loop and sod all else.

Keep the ball when under no pressure - Pass it backwards when under pressure - knock the ball to the winger out wide - who then passes to the over lapping full back - instead of running into the box, the winger will drop back - full back will then either cross to the first defender or play it back to the winger - winger will then pass inside to Yaya or Silva who will look for an intricate pass which never comes off. Then repeat for 90 mins.

We have a chronic lack of movement and creativity from our players which is criminal when we are fielding the likes of Silva, KDB and Sterling.
Spot the fuck on.

What actually happens during our training sessions?

If our performances since September are any inclination of that then it would seem that all we do is repeat the same passage of set plays on a loop and sod all else.

Keep the ball when under no pressure - Pass it backwards when under pressure - knock the ball to the winger out wide - who then passes to the over lapping full back - instead of running into the box, the winger will drop back - full back will then either cross to the first defender or play it back to the winger - winger will then pass inside to Yaya or Silva who will look for an intricate pass which never comes off. Then repeat for 90 mins.

We have a chronic lack of movement and creativity from our players which is criminal when we are fielding the likes of Silva, KDB and Sterling.

Don't have to watch another match this season - Just read that over and over again!

Spot the fuck on.

It really is frustrating how predictable we are as a team.

One of our best performances this season was the 2nd half against Watford where Pellers put Sterling up front with Bony. We had that added pace and movement which gave their defence multiple problems. Watford have also been very good defensively this season.

Against Sunderland I would love to see this team:

----------------------------------------- Hart -------------------------------------------
Sagna --------------------- Ota --------------- Mangala ---------------------- Clichy
---------------------------- Yaya -------------- Dinho ---------------------------------
KDB ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Silva
----------------------------- Bony ------------- Sterling -------------------------------

Bring Aguero on in the second half for KDB or Silva and drop Sterling back. If Silva or KDB do not do their defensive duties then sub the pair of them. Navas and Sterling may not be as good but at least they will put a shift in.

I know that 4-4-2 has had its flaws but it enabled us to be fluid in attack. All we have done this season is look impotent going forward and dreadful at the back. Lets get back to outscoring teams and the trophies will come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.