Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manuel wore me out at the tail end of last season, so much so that I would have been happy enough to see him move on if a class replacement could have been found (I honestly thought we would go balls out for Klopp and us not doing so is why I think Pep will actually rock up here next season).

The seeming inability to organise a defence is hard to watch at times, pre season or not, that first goal today was a joke. I think we will get our shit together once we are playing for real, but I do fear that this will become something of a throw away season with the obvious departure of the manager on the cards at the end of it. Hopefully that wont be allowed to happen, but I would not be in the least bit surprised to see Paddy V holding down the fort for a while if things go tits up after Christmas.
The problem is going to be, if the players know MP is a dead man walking, how hard are they going to work for him, I know this is going to be down to the individuals mind set, but I can't help but cast my mind back to what happened at the swamp when the GPC announced his retirement.

lets wait for the season to start before we start righting off our manager and defense - asking to see the back of Pellers and for Vinnie to hang his boots up without the season even starting is ludicrous - Have a little faith Citizens!!

The problem is going to be, if the players know MP is a dead man walking, how hard are they going to work for him
This "dead man walking" thing is a myth.

They're not working for MP, they're working for Manchester City FC, so whatever MP is doing next summer it shouldn't affect how the players play.

It didn't affect Bayern's players when Heynkes told their players he was going at the end of the season, they went out and won a CL, Bundesliga, and DFB cup treble, including a 7-0 semi final defeat of Barcelona.

It shouldn't therefore affect ours, if of course they are as professional as they should be, not to mention as good as some of them think they are.

All this talk of Pep is great but if Manuel continues this crazy way of football and we finish outside the top 4 that may change Peps plans

This "dead man walking" thing is a myth.

They're not working for MP, they're working for Manchester City FC, so whatever MP is doing next summer it shouldn't affect how the players play.

It didn't affect Bayern's players when Heynkes told their players he was going at the end of the season, they went out and won a CL, Bundesliga, and DFB cup treble, including a 7-0 semi final defeat of Barcelona.

It shouldn't therefore affect ours, if of course they are as professional as they should be, not to mention as good as some of them think they are.
I hope your right, as I said the situation could and probably will affect individual players differently, hopefully they are as good and professional as we'd like them to be, we'll know in ten months for sure.

All this talk of Pep is great but if Manuel continues this crazy way of football and we finish outside the top 4 that may change Peps plans

That would be a very unprofessional move from him besides I believe there should be some kind of signed agreement so there's no way he can pull out of the deal now......unless Manuel gets us relegated ;)

Wish Pelle didn't have such a tough start to this season, with the players missing and lack of fitness we could have dropped 7-8 points by the Watford home game.

Then the panic buys will start!

After last season I can't believe he is still here. He showed last year that he is not good enough for where we want to be. Tactically poor & doesn't know how to change things. The worst thing last season was watching him sat there looking gormless when things were going to shit on the pitch & not reacting to it. I think we will get a feeling of deja vu this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.