Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: If Not Manuel Pellegrini then who?

He will be sacked if we carry on the way we are and the only replacement would be Vieira.

We cannot risk dropping out often top 4, absolute no chance!

The players need motivation more than anything and Vieira would get them going all out in my opinion.

I admire Pellegrini but he has got be one of the most uninspiring managers I have ever seen and watching the players today I think they have lost touch with him.

Ric said:
Marvin said:
There is only 1 likely candidate and that would be Vieira.

Can always see how the season pans out, but we are unlikely to qualify for the top 4 with Pellegrini in charge. Our recent results are so bad I daren't even look at the results, and I've given up on MOTD. Barring a miracle I think he will be out of a job by the time we play WBA

I think there is virtually no chance he will be out of a job by the time we play WBA.
Can you see us beating Barcelona?

If not, then by eveyr objective measure he has failed and it will become damage limitation with ever game at home vital.

As it is I don't think we will make the top 4. Look how close Utd and Arsenal are

It's ridiculous and I sympathise with Pellegrini because I think he has been let down massively by senior players, but we can't just sit back and do nothing because that's going to lead to more days like today.

I'd rather act now and try and save something from the season, knowing it might fail, than do nothing. I can see us winning some home games, but away from home I think we'll lose time and again. If we can't get up for games at Liverpool and Burnley when the title is t stake, why should it suddenly start turning around. It's gone too far. This is beyond form

bow to player pressure
sack manager
repeat ad infinitum

this holistic approach seems to be flawed

we need a manager with some balls

like the last one we had for example

mancity1 said:
Marvin said:
There is only 1 likely candidate and that would be Vieira.

Can always see how the season pans out, but we are unlikely to qualify for the top 4 with Pellegrini in charge. Our recent results are so bad I daren't even look at the results, and I've given up on MOTD. Barring a miracle I think he will be out of a job by the time we play WBA

He shouldl be gone by Thursday.

I agree top four looks very dubious if he stays in charge and whilst its a bit doom and gloom for us at present I am not one of those who thinks if we fall out of the top four the world will fall in for us over the next few seasons.

Its more the level of performance than results they are way below what the supporters expect and I am sure the owners expect and so the manager must go sooner rather than later.

We could drop out of the top four even with Vieira in charge for the remaining 9 games quite easily as the players lack motivation and I suspect many of them expect to be sold in the summer
I think it was a mistake signing Bony knowing he wouldn't be able to play and then when he was available he didn't play him. All it did was demotivate the forwards we had at the club and as you say there are a lot of players who are on their way out

Not looking forward to playing Pulis at the weekend.

Balti said:
bow to player pressure
sack manager
repeat ad infinitum

I agree Balti .
All our problems aren't the managers fault .
I think some of those players have let the club down this season .

Balti said:
bow to player pressure
sack manager
repeat ad infinitum

The last one we had won the title then in his second season had poor form for our standard which put us about 12 points back on United, got beat in the FA Cup by Wigan and knocked out of the CL group.

Not sure there's too much different there mate

Balti said:
bow to player pressure
sack manager
repeat ad infinitum

You're right. A lot said we'd regret it at the time. Turns out we should have backed the then manager.

Marvin said:
Balti said:
bow to player pressure
sack manager
repeat ad infinitum

You're right. A lot said we'd regret it at the time. Turns out we should have backed the then manager.

I'm not sure there's much difference between 2012/13 and this season. On that basis, are you saying we should back the manager now?

It's not going to be a quick fix in the summer regardless who is in charge at the start of the season. One problem any new manager/coach will have is that our South American contingent will be playing in this summer's Copa America. They won't get much rest and recuperation this summer and it will take time before the can fit in with the new coach personality, playing style, training methods and integrating with any new player we are likely to bring in.

Ric said:
Marvin said:
Balti said:
bow to player pressure
sack manager
repeat ad infinitum

I'm not sure there's much difference between 2012/13 and this season. On that basis, are you saying we should back the manager now?
Mancini didn't get the backing of his board and the players knew it and got him sacked in that never to be forgotten no show at Wembley.

If we'd have backed Mancini and shown some of the senior players the door then then we'd have been ok

It worked in the short term, but as Ferguson proved many many times, the manager has to run the club. The policy of City after Mancini was holistic management which is consent. That doesn't work when players back off. Then they have to be confronted and moved on if they can't respond. We have got a lot of senior players who have taken their foot off the gas and now they can't be bothered as literally half the team are half way out of the door.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.