Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
hgblue said:
BobKowalski said:
Damanino said:
Then Txiki wouldnt pick him. Its quite clear that he only picks someone if that manager has the needed style thats very compatible with the way we want to do it...

That kind of assumes Txiki has final say in the matter.

Which would take us even further down the rabbit hole...

I think the bloom is definitely off the rose at the moment...

I reckon the rose is still in bud and won't flower until late spring early summer.

For all this talk about a common style between CFG clubs, I've seen no real sign of that.

Tactics, formations, tempo etc. If there is a City way of playing I'm not sure everyone is on board with it.

Maybe it's a longer term vision, achievable only when we have the players brought through the system and comfortable with that approach.

An interim manager is not the answer at this stage and I would be disappointed if that was anywhere in City's thinking. By interim, I don't mean a caretaker for a few games, which would also disappoint me because that would me we have not arrested our current spell of poor form.

The next manager needs to be someone viewed as able to take us through our next cycle. We are at the point where we need to make some serious changes to our squad and how we play. Changing how we play should not imply dropping our stated values but should involve, IMO, far more use of the pressing game and generally being more dynamic and energetic. I also believe that we should move to having 4-3-3 as our default formation but being able to vary that to suit circumstances.

moomba said:
For all this talk about a common style between CFG clubs, I've seen no real sign of that.

Tactics, formations, tempo etc. If there is a City way of playing I'm not sure everyone is on board with it.

Maybe it's a longer term vision, achievable only when we have the players brought through the system and comfortable with that approach.

Not watched the other clubs really; other than bits of NYCFC's first couple of games. The latter were awful viewing but I think you have to give a brand new time time to develop.

Anyhow, the way of playing is built on four main values and they do not mention formations, tempo etc. The teams will differ, depending of a whole load of factors but eventually the values should shine through; how long that will take is a guessing game for now.

OB1 said:
An interim manager is not the answer at this stage and I would be disappointed if that was anywhere in City's thinking. By interim, I don't mean a caretaker for a few games, which would also disappoint me because that would me we have not arrested our current spell of poor form.

The next manager needs to be someone viewed as able to take us through our next cycle. We are at the point where we need to make some serious changes to our squad and how we play. Changing how we play should not imply dropping our stated values but should involve, IMO, far more use of the pressing game and generally being more dynamic and energetic. I also believe that we should move to having 4-3-3 as our default formation but being able to vary that to suit circumstances.

Oh and having a shot now and again might help.
You missed a bit :)

moomba said:

Have to agree with this assessment from what I have seen as well.

Not to make too light of the shocking set of results since the new year but too much is being made of this City way of playing.

Most games come down to outsmarting and outplaying your opposition.

This has happened to us more times than we would like this year plain and simple.

The panic has set in a bit combined with a lack of commitment to ensure we do the things required to win.

I think MP has done his dash no matter what we do in the final 7 games and some of the players know they will be replaced in the summer provided that their valuation can be met.

It will be interesting to see which players put in a shift and want a top three finish as opposed to those who don't give too hoots whether we are in the Chunps League next season or not.

andyhinch said:
OB1 said:

Oh and having a shot now and again might help.
You missed a bit :)

I realise having more shots than all bar Real Madrid, in the big leagues, is not enough for some ;-)

I would like Guardiola big time.

For him in the CL what we have done meaning exit before the quarter finals, well for Guardiola that would burn his face off out of embarassment. He is a manager that expects to get to the semis at least...

I would like someone like that at City.

That the players would see someone so passionate about CL later stages that they might even ready to walk trough the walls for him. Because be honest the players currently sometimes arent really ready to fight hard or run without the ball for Pellegrini...

Simeone is also similar in terms of passion but completely different playing style to the one the club decided to prefer...

Anyway one thing is sure, Pelle must leave after this season. Tactically he is broken, uses a system without pressing that must involve pressing. Then instead of changing to another system he keeps this broken one and hopes to get away with it. And the way he ignores opponents style/weaknesses/strengths is bloody joke.

Re: Alexandro Sabella - Strong Rumours, Do you fancy him?

dobobobo said:
BigJoe#1 said:
dobobobo said:
*Reads programme title 'Up all night'*

*Reads first line of MEN article from two days ago: 'Alex Sabella has claimed he has been approached by Manchester City about taking over as manager this summer.'* <a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-linked-former-argentina-9007983" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... na-9007983</a>

*Laughs*
Thanks for the link to the MEN I hadn't seen that on here before. I think the BBC link only adds to the debate though none of it is absolute fact. Mainly speculation and hearsay.

Do you think it would be a good appointment?

BTW did I miss the joke?

'Strong rumours' being broadcasted in the middle of the night is what I was laughing at.

I don't care who we get for the iterim or if we stick with Pellegrini, so long as we get Pep for the long term.

Never gonna happen.

Klopp for me all the way don't care if he's had a bad season. His teams play great football and he is a real character. If not him poach koemnan. Pep didn't want to come, doesn't now and prob won't for at least a couple of years and we can't interim for that long.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.