Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
I honestly dont think they will sack him even if we get beat 7-0 against the rags. He should have been gone after Burnley and the fact he is still the manager makes me have little faith that they will get rid of him.

Prestwich_Blue said:
I never realised Sabella was due to manage Al Jazira in Abu Dhabi but the Argentina job came up and he took that. The owner of Al Jazira is apparently some Sheikh, whose name ecapes me, who quite likes football.

I read something about this, basically Al Jazira let him go to Argentina once the offer came in and they parted on good terms. I read that a credible Brazilian media outlet has said Sabella has the offer from Sao Paulo but wants to stall while he talks with City.. apparently.

Our next appointment should be Guardiola, Ancelotti or Klopp. Sabella's appointment would be too similar to ours of Pellegrini.

J_Bow said:
I read something about this, basically Al Jazira let him go to Argentina once the offer came in and they parted on good terms. I read that a credible Brazilian media outlet has said Sabella has the offer from Sao Paulo but wants to stall while he talks with City.. apparently.

These are reliable sources in South America reporting this and now Sao Paulo have pretty much come out and said it. Mullock's line from the club is "we have no one lined up" but I'm pretty sure City are exploring their options right now and they look to be Ancelotti and Sabella.

I usually trust Di Marzio and his Ancelotti-City links were dismissed by the UK media (except the Telegraph, who have stuck to the story that the Spaniards are not keen on Ancelotti because he doesn't play their 'ideal way', but he has strong support in Abu Dhabi who can overrule the Spaniards). His line is that City have given Ancelotti until April 15th to answer them.

I think it's clear they want to keep Pellegrini, but our regression in 2015 is beyond ridiculous... at 1.5pts per game, that'd be about 8th place over a full season. We've lost more than we've won, which is very abnormal for a top club.

I like the idea of Sabella, he is tactically top notch and his man management is very good as well.

I think the club knows there are not many managers going o be available in the summer and I think they know someone like Sabella would be happy to come in and be a bridge manager for a season or two.

I admire Ancelotti but I am not convinced he could build a young team and develop it, he is the ultimate cup manager like Mourinho in that you give them the tools they require, mostly in experienced pro's and they usually deliver.

What's Sabbella's domestic record like & which club sides has he managed?

I'm asking because I'm an old gimp and genuinely don't know.

Last I heard he was playing for Leeds/Sheffield Utd

sam-caddick said:
I like the idea of Sabella, he is tactically top notch and his man management is very good as well.

I think the club knows there are not many managers going o be available in the summer and I think they know someone like Sabella would be happy to come in and be a bridge manager for a season or two.

I admire Ancelotti but I am not convinced he could build a young team and develop it, he is the ultimate cup manager like Mourinho in that you give them the tools they require, mostly in experienced pro's and they usually deliver.

I'm not worried about not having a young team. The name of the game is winning.
Having a young team is a nice extra if you can manage it, but nobody will remember us for having a young team that loses. Trophies in the cabinet has to be our number one mission.

GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:

He came into management late after years of being a number two and coach to Daniel Passarella.

He did win an Argentine league title and Copa Libertadores (Champions League) with Estudiantes which is very impressive because it's such a hard competition to win, Simeone and Bielsa couldn't win it and look how successful they have been in Europe.

If you listen to Tim Vickery he says you shlouldnt judge him on his World Cup performance albeit had Argentina put away some of those sitters in the final it would be him maybe, instead of Low, with a manager of the year award at the Ballon D'or ceremony.

Anyway, he was the manager who managed to get Messi performing for his country and had all his star players performing in the games leading up to the world cup, it was just unfortunate that during the competition none of his star players were either fit or fresh enough to perform at a top level, Messi was knackered, Aguero should never have gone, Higuian was well off form and Di Maria who was their shining light for a bit in the world cup got injured half way through the tournament.

Sabella is a very studious manager by all accounts and very tactical.

sam-caddick said:
GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. said:

He came into management late after years of being a number two and coach to Daniel Passarella.

He did win an Argentine league title and Copa Libertadores (Champions League) with Estudiantes which is very impressive because it's such a hard competition to win, Simeone and Bielsa couldn't win it and look how successful they have been in Europe.

If you listen to Tim Vickery he says you shlouldnt judge him on his World Cup performance albeit had Argentina put away some of those sitters in the final it would be him maybe, instead of Low, with a manager of the year award at the Ballon D'or ceremony.

Anyway, he was the manager who managed to get Messi performing for his country and had all his star players performing in the games leading up to the world cup, it was just unfortunate that during the competition none of his star players were either fit or fresh enough to perform at a top level, Messi was knackered, Aguero should never have gone, Higuian was well off form and Di Maria who was their shining light for a bit in the world cup got injured half way through the tournament.

Sabella is a very studious manager by all accounts and very tactical.

Pellegrini was named 'The Engineer' and considered to be very studious and tactical too!

I'd prefer Ancelotti, merely because his track record shows success at a number of clubs, but I don't know enough about Sabella to be critical of him. If he does turn out to be our choice, he'll get the same backing from me that every manager has / does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.