Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Doesn't matter who comes for me because all managers have flaws we just have to find one with the least amount, personally I would have Mancini back.

I really hope we don't bring in Rafa, in fact I am desperate for us to not get him.

I think the links are his agent putting the feelers out knowing he is off in the summer at Napoli after what has been a very average tenure in charge.

de niro said:
if we move pellers out it needs to be for an upgrade, not level, not worse, not untried.an upgrade. otherwise we sit tight.
I'm sure there are a couple of managers that could take our present squad and fart around the edges of the CL/EL spots.

You don't get a good manager on the 15th April.

What you can get is a caretaker manager. That's the only debate right now. Do we appoint a caretaker now or stick with Pellegrini until the end of the season. Anyone who thinks Benitez, or Ancellotti or Guadiolo is coming now is not thinking.

I don't think they'd come anyway, but that's a question for the Summer. The question now is Vieira, Kidd or Pellegrini.

If we drop points against West Ham or Villa, Pellegrini must be sacked on the spot. Vieira and Kidd would take over until the summer where we either choose a stopgap until Guardiola or appoint for the longer term.

Silva_Spell said:
If we drop points against West Ham or Villa, Pellegrini must be sacked on the spot. Vieira and Kidd would take over until the summer where we either choose a stopgap until Guardiola or appoint for the longer term.

I am a little suprised he didn't get the sack yesterday as I just think we are in free fall with Pellegrni in charge, our poor form has even evident since January, it isn't a recent occurrence.

I think a loss or a draw to West Ham and the club will have no choice if you ask me, Vieira will have to take charge so the players have an authoritative figurehead to look up to and motivation to gain from him.

Silva_Spell said:
Of course.

Was really stupid not to make the change yesterday, because the next two fixtures would have given Vieira a flying start and I'm certain we would have won them and straight away we'd be thinking of 3rd not 4th. If we have to change then Vieira will get away games and real pressure

Do they really think Pellegrini is staying through the Summer? I don't understand their thinking or logic. The only way to rationalise it is if they think Vieira isn't the football man we think he is. The other option is that they actually rate Pellegrini. Watching City at the moment is like watching a team with a really bad coach.

Marvin said:
Silva_Spell said:
Of course.

Was really stupid not to make the change yesterday, because the next two fixtures would have given Vieira a flying start and I'm certain we would have won them and straight away we'd be thinking of 3rd not 4th. If we have to change then Vieira will get away games and real pressure

Do they really think Pellegrini is staying through the Summer? I don't understand their thinking or logic. The only way to rationalise it is if they think Vieira isn't the football man we think he is. The other option is that they actually rate Pellegrini. Watching City at the moment is like watching a team with a really bad coach.

Completely agree with all of this.

City are making me feel ill, they really are!

I'm more gutted about our car crash form because it's so obvious what will happen.

Can't believe Pellegrini's still in charge.

sam-caddick said:
Silva_Spell said:

I am a little suprised he didn't get the sack yesterday as I just think we are in free fall with Pellegrni in charge, our poor form has even evident since January, it isn't a recent occurrence.

I think a loss or a draw to West Ham and the club will have no choice if you ask me, Vieira will have to take charge so the players have an authoritative figurehead to look up to and motivation to gain from him.
It's a no-brainer. A lot of thought must have gone into the appointment of Pellegrini but I guess you could accept a mistake, but it doesn't look good in regards to their footballing judgement and the future of MCFC

I'm beginning to think we've got very lucky in the recent past but with these guys lightening isn't going to strike twice again.

We must hope we stumble into 3rd/4th and that we get time and the lure of money is enough to get the right man. That's far more important than any signing, because the next manager is going to have rebuild the team. And the incredible shame is that this team should have been at its peak winning everything. I doubt we will ever have a better squad.

I am not sure this team needs rebuilding. I think it is confidence and motivation that needs rebuilding and that can be done pretty quickly by playing a system that suits the players available, and by playing individuals where they can be most effective.

Vieira could do that, Kidd could. Hell, Pellegrini could presumably.

This team should still be winning trophies, or at least a few games.

Marvin said:
sam-caddick said:
Silva_Spell said:

It's a no-brainer. A lot of thought must have gone into the appointment of Pellegrini but I guess you could accept a mistake, but it doesn't look good in regards to their footballing judgement and the future of MCFC

I'm beginning to think we've got very lucky in the recent past but with these guys lightening isn't going to strike twice again.

We must hope we stumble into 3rd/4th and that we get time and the lure of money is enough to get the right man. That's far more important than any signing, because the next manager is going to have rebuild the team. And the incredible shame is that this team should have been at its peak winning everything. I doubt we will ever have a better squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.