Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: If Not Manuel Pellegrini then who?

Mister Appointment said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
We do need someone the players should be shit scared of if they haven't put a shift in.

To be honest I think we need to rid ourselves of these players who seemingly need to be hauled over the coals once a month to ensure a consistency to their performances.

I'm chuckling at all the people suggesting Simeone is that guy. He can't speak a word of English and yet we should employ him on the basis motivating players is one of his strongest attributes? No thanks. Even putting aside the fact that he's totally the wrong type of manager of City, and that the owners aren't going to throw away an idea of how to play football and what kind of manager to employ after one trophyless season - he doesn't even have the basic language requirements.

The next appointment will be similar to Pellegrini in their footballing philosophy and also their temperament.

Not necessarily advocating Simeone, however wasn't it written a while back that he was taking English lessons in readiness for a crack at the Prem?

Rammy Blue said:
Mister Appointment said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
We do need someone the players should be shit scared of if they haven't put a shift in.

To be honest I think we need to rid ourselves of these players who seemingly need to be hauled over the coals once a month to ensure a consistency to their performances.

I'm chuckling at all the people suggesting Simeone is that guy. He can't speak a word of English and yet we should employ him on the basis motivating players is one of his strongest attributes? No thanks. Even putting aside the fact that he's totally the wrong type of manager of City, and that the owners aren't going to throw away an idea of how to play football and what kind of manager to employ after one trophyless season - he doesn't even have the basic language requirements.

The next appointment will be similar to Pellegrini in their footballing philosophy and also their temperament.

Not necessarily advocating Simeone, however wasn't it written a while back that he was taking English lessons in readiness for a crack at the Prem?

He's getting desperate. ;)

Robinho's Subbuteo said:

We did, we had bobby manc and the players got shit scared and got him the sack

avoidconfusion said:
Someone that can motivate the players to the point where they would die in a ditch for him.

This all day long.

Nice bloke that he is, he`s lost the confidence of the dressing room and the dressing room have lost the belief that Manuel knows what the fuck hes doing. just as simple as that.

A ‘passive’ manager like Pellegrini is fine when he’s winning games and competitions. However, in circumstances like we have now, which whilst not being exactly ‘backs to the wall’ by our standards, nevertheless represents a bit of a crisis, I think that we’d all feel better if we had someone who looks, acts and sounds like he’s up for the fight, who will take no prisoners with laggard under achieving players, who will tell the press to fuck off, who will put down other gobshite managers, who will try different things and who is tactically savvy.

We had some (but not all) of this with Mancini, but he didn’t have the one crucial thing that you need under these circumstances - the unequivocal support of the club board. I’ve read elsewhere that Vinny gave the club an ultimatum that it was him or Mancini and that he’d piss off to Barca otherwise. If this is true, it is unforgiveable on the part of the club to back the player. If this is the case, we are reaping what we sow.

If not Pellegrini, I’d take Ancellotti in a heartbeat and any player who didn’t like that either now or in the future should be shown the exit. The management should be allowed to manage.

If we go with a short term manager like Benitez we surely must have gained some kind of agreement from Guardiola for 16/17

If there is no agreement then putting all our eggs in the Pep basket could backfire and we'd have wasted a year which could have been given to a more longterm option like Klopp

I think Bobby Manc problem was he gave to much time to Balotelli and 'forgot' the rest of the squad and in doing so lost the dressing,

As i said before give it to Viera till the end of the season and see how he goes as someone has said his youth teams play a much fast tempo......like the first team use to

I dont like the idea of changing manager now but something is wrong the players need a kick up the backside plus the players need a manager they trust, its a two way thing !

I dontt know about anyone else but before the game starts i look at the team 442 i know we will get over run in midfield, i know the other team well score ! , i know we well play slow , pass it from side to side football, i know we will make a sub on the 60th minute. ......if i can see this so can the other manager .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.