Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: If Not Manuel Pellegrini then who?

He's our Martino, our Juande Ramos, our Ranieri. Basically Pellegrini has been found out tactically, psychologically and motivationally.

In my opinion there is no end to managers that could do a better job at what is quite easy. ie Managing the best squad in the PL. Did you see our bench yesterday? An embarrassment of riches does not cover it.

Our players must be bored shitless after 2 years under Manuel. A bit of electricity needs to be injected into things. So Klopp rather than Carlo for me.

I am assuming Pep is not interested.

I'd be looking towards Paddy too.....we're obviously aiming for Pep so why not appoint his possible number 2 in advance,he may even surprise a few and negate the need for the Bayern incumbent.
Given the shambles we currently are,i cant see how he could do any worse?

Wilcox could take the reigns at youth level.

Mister Appointment said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
We do need someone the players should be shit scared of if they haven't put a shift in.

To be honest I think we need to rid ourselves of these players who seemingly need to be hauled over the coals once a month to ensure a consistency to their performances.

I'm chuckling at all the people suggesting Simeone is that guy. He can't speak a word of English and yet we should employ him on the basis motivating players is one of his strongest attributes? No thanks. Even putting aside the fact that he's totally the wrong type of manager of City, and that the owners aren't going to throw away an idea of how to play football and what kind of manager to employ after one trophyless season - he doesn't even have the basic language requirements.

The next appointment will be similar to Pellegrini in their footballing philosophy and also their temperament.

A quick google search showed that Simeone has been taking English lessons with a private tutor for the last 12 months, so I would imagine he would be able to maintain a conversation. The best example of adapting is Poccettino, whose English has improved dramatically (as has his team). I am not saying that Simeone is the right type of manager (as you believe he is the wrong type), but I think you would find that the language issue may not be the hindrance that you think it would be.

FantasyIreland said:
I'd be looking towards Paddy too.....we're obviously aiming for Pep so why not appoint his possible number 2 in advance,he may even surprise a few and negate the need for the Bayern incumbent.

Fantasy. You Blueinsa and Mister Appointment seem to have had Damascene conversions after the weekend. You have been defending Pellegrini up to now. What was it that finally did it for you?

Hung said:
A ‘passive’ manager like Pellegrini is fine when he’s winning games and competitions. However, in circumstances like we have now, which whilst not being exactly ‘backs to the wall’ by our standards, nevertheless represents a bit of a crisis, I think that we’d all feel better if we had someone who looks, acts and sounds like he’s up for the fight, who will take no prisoners with laggard under achieving players, who will tell the press to fuck off, who will put down other gobshite managers, who will try different things and who is tactically savvy.

We had some (but not all) of this with Mancini, but he didn’t have the one crucial thing that you need under these circumstances - the unequivocal support of the club board. I’ve read elsewhere that Vinny gave the club an ultimatum that it was him or Mancini and that he’d piss off to Barca otherwise. If this is true, it is unforgiveable on the part of the club to back the player. If this is the case, we are reaping what we sow.

If not Pellegrini, I’d take Ancellotti in a heartbeat and any player who didn’t like that either now or in the future should be shown the exit. The management should be allowed to manage.
I agree with some of that but do we know that Pellegrini's wings have been clipped?

Once the season starts it's difficult to make such a change mid-season.

I'm hoping to see Vieira in charge by the weekend and Kompany can hand his transfer request in in the Summer. I'd be amazed if he's Captain next season

robbieh said:
He's our Martino, our Juande Ramos, our Ranieri. Basically Pellegrini has been found out tactically, psychologically and motivationally.

In my opinion there is no end to managers that could do a better job at what is quite easy. ie Managing the best squad in the PL. Did you see our bench yesterday? An embarrassment of riches does not cover it.

Our players must be bored shitless after 2 years under Manuel. A bit of electricity needs to be injected into things. So Klopp rather than Carlo for me.

I said from the day the first ball was kicked we had to watch this team for its complacency and commitment. It's entirely down to attitude and Pellegrini should go because he has let this happen.

Tactics are irrelevant.

Marvin said:
robbieh said:

I said from the day the first ball was kicked we had to watch this team for its complacency and commitment. It's entirely down to attitude and Pellegrini should go because he has let this happen.

Tactics are irrelevant.

It's the tactics that have led to this malaise.

We've been far too easy to get at on the counter.

Also nothing at all has been done to address the lack of goals from set pieces. It's so bad that it means the manager has gone awol. Nothing has changed. Same players taking them, same runs in the box etc.

sam-caddick said:
IH8MUFC said:
sam-caddick said:
He will be sacked if we carry on the way we are and the only replacement would be Vieira.

We cannot risk dropping out often top 4, absolute no chance!

The players need motivation more than anything and Vieira would get them going all out in my opinion.

I admire Pellegrini but he has got be one of the most uninspiring managers I have ever seen and watching the players today I think they have lost touch with him.
Motivation doesn't come from a manager. It comes from the players themselves. If playing football for a living, earning millions of pounds doesn't motivate you to win football matches than nothing will. I'm motivated to win 5 a side matches that I pay to play.

However I don't see a lack of motivation it's more to do with a lack of form. This is a tough league. Bad runs will happen.

Disagree pal.

Motivation is a huge part of man management nowadays.

I look at they way Simeone gets his players up for games and even I would run through brick walls for the bloke and I don't know him.

Pellegrini comes across as a nice man but a very dull character, he looks great to get a long but I wouldn't be inspired by him.
I guess to me it's more about Simone's tactics. If you're earning millions of pounds to play football that should be enough motivation. Players get away with everything these day's for some reason.

robbieh said:
FantasyIreland said:

Fantasy. You Blueinsa and Mister Appointment seem to have had Damascene conversions after the weekend. You have been defending Pellegrini up to now. What was it that finally did it for you?

Clear after yesterdays performance that his time is over unfortunately. Has he made mistakes? Absolutely and for me the biggest gripe is the constant rotation of players regardless of form. Great one week and sat on your arse the next. Useless one game yet still there the next etc. That said, he has been let down like Bob was with a sizeable number of our squad just not giving a fuck performance wise and whilst i realise its time for him to now go, i also want to see a sizeable number of this squad moved on sooner rather than later because if we dont, the next man is also on a hiding to nothing as soon as they decide to down tools.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.