Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: If Not Manuel Pellegrini then who?

Pellergrini staying for now .
Even some blues I talked yesterday didn't want Patrick Viera .
Anyway let's just stick with Manuel for now and not make any rash moves .

jollylescott said:
Mister Appointment said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
We do need someone the players should be shit scared of if they haven't put a shift in.

To be honest I think we need to rid ourselves of these players who seemingly need to be hauled over the coals once a month to ensure a consistency to their performances.

I'm chuckling at all the people suggesting Simeone is that guy. He can't speak a word of English and yet we should employ him on the basis motivating players is one of his strongest attributes? No thanks. Even putting aside the fact that he's totally the wrong type of manager of City, and that the owners aren't going to throw away an idea of how to play football and what kind of manager to employ after one trophyless season - he doesn't even have the basic language requirements.

The next appointment will be similar to Pellegrini in their footballing philosophy and also their temperament.

A quick google search showed that Simeone has been taking English lessons with a private tutor for the last 12 months, so I would imagine he would be able to maintain a conversation. The best example of adapting is Poccettino, whose English has improved dramatically (as has his team). I am not saying that Simeone is the right type of manager (as you believe he is the wrong type), but I think you would find that the language issue may not be the hindrance that you think it would be.
At this moment, we need a manager who can motivate our players, not just 1 or 2 seasons, but more on long term basis, and Simeone is fantastic at doing that. Look at what he has got to work with at Atlético, the things he has achieved is ridiculous, since he took over in December 2011, he has won anything there is to win for a manager, except for the Champions League, which we all know he was so close to achieve as well. I think he is what we need to take the last step.

baildon blue said:
Pellergrini staying for now .
Even some blues I talked yesterday didn't want Patrick Viera .
Anyway let's just stick with Manuel for now and not make any rash moves .

Till the summer, if he stays longer then we're gonna have another season like this

andersmcfcdk said:
jollylescott said:
Mister Appointment said:
To be honest I think we need to rid ourselves of these players who seemingly need to be hauled over the coals once a month to ensure a consistency to their performances.

I'm chuckling at all the people suggesting Simeone is that guy. He can't speak a word of English and yet we should employ him on the basis motivating players is one of his strongest attributes? No thanks. Even putting aside the fact that he's totally the wrong type of manager of City, and that the owners aren't going to throw away an idea of how to play football and what kind of manager to employ after one trophyless season - he doesn't even have the basic language requirements.

The next appointment will be similar to Pellegrini in their footballing philosophy and also their temperament.

A quick google search showed that Simeone has been taking English lessons with a private tutor for the last 12 months, so I would imagine he would be able to maintain a conversation. The best example of adapting is Poccettino, whose English has improved dramatically (as has his team). I am not saying that Simeone is the right type of manager (as you believe he is the wrong type), but I think you would find that the language issue may not be the hindrance that you think it would be.
At this moment, we need a manager who can motivate our players, not just 1 or 2 seasons, but more on long term basis, and Simeone is fantastic at doing that. Look at what he has got to work with at Atlético, the things he has achieved is ridiculous, since he took over in December 2011, he has won anything there is to win for a manager, except for the Champions League, which we all know he was so close to achieve as well. I think he is what we need to take the last step.

I've had enough of seeing a City team that is wide open and tactically naive. Simeone will sort the wheat from the chaff, get us organised tactically, disciplined defensively, and much more difficult to play against. If this makes him unsuitable for the role, then I'd suggest the job description is flawed.

Marvin said:
robbieh said:
He's our Martino, our Juande Ramos, our Ranieri. Basically Pellegrini has been found out tactically, psychologically and motivationally.

In my opinion there is no end to managers that could do a better job at what is quite easy. ie Managing the best squad in the PL. Did you see our bench yesterday? An embarrassment of riches does not cover it.

Our players must be bored shitless after 2 years under Manuel. A bit of electricity needs to be injected into things. So Klopp rather than Carlo for me.

I am assuming Pep is not interested.
I said from the day the first ball was kicked we had to watch this team for its complacency and commitment. It's entirely down to attitude and Pellegrini should go because he has let this happen.

Tactics are irrelevant.

I'm not sure how you can say this Marv when our best spell of form this season was when we had injuries that forced Pellers in to playing with different tactics!

Mister Appointment said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
We do need someone the players should be shit scared of if they haven't put a shift in.

The players speak different languages - in this day and age language isn't a barrier. It might not be ideal for Goals on Sunday but he'd get his points over at City.
Ok maybe Sorianno has nailed his colours to the mast re having a nice guy manager, but given the punditry and press today, it must dawn on even him that the media will "kill" a nice guy just as much as a baddie!

By the way - you still supporting Pelle or is this sit on the fence and simply say trust the owners fall back stance your latest ruse at not being wrong?

It pains me to say this but it looks to me as if we have run out of ideas on the pitch as well as off it.
We have become far too predictable and other teams have worked out how to play us.
We are in the worst run of form for over 3 yrs.

The players must shoulder some if the blame but ultimately no one will disagree we have a world class squad that is massively under performing.
The blame for this must lie predominantly with the management.
I do not like to see change for the sake of it and I am a believer in stability, but there is no question we have gone backwards this season. I cannot see any option but to change the management team.
The question is weather to change now or plow on like this till the end of the season when if we carry on with the current level of performance we will miss out on top 4.

I think it all hinges on Wednesday as far as our owners are concerned.
Put in a good display and, even if we get knocked out , MP will stay on. If we get a real drubbing, I think he'll be gone on Thursday.

I think Pullis would be an improvement at the moment and i kid you not! At least we would be able to defend and take set pieces properly.We would be hard to beat and our extra quality should see us win most games.

Yesterday we looked lost and clueless nobody seemed to know where they were playing and what their role was.

Rammy Blue said:
Mister Appointment said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:

Not necessarily advocating Simeone, however wasn't it written a while back that he was taking English lessons in readiness for a crack at the Prem?

Ahh yeah he is taking English lessons. Still there's so many things pointing to why he won't get the job this summer that for me it's a fruitless discussion.

You know I've been an avowed Klopp fanboy since long before Mancini's sacking so that'd be the name top of my list. Can't help but feel though that Txiki might go for De Boer or a name out of left field. Carlo is too old and IMO they'll look for someone relatively young in comparison to Pellegrini.

Kidd and PV from today with a possible one year deal until the right man comes along, or until end of season and from the who's available list or could be poached i'd get in for Jurgen Klopp and let him re build

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.