Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Think others have already mentioned on here reports out of Germany are that Klopp wants a year off so not sure why everybody is getting so excited. Also if he is having a year off is he lined up to be the replacement for Wenger. I know I mentioned Liverpool earlier but Arsenal and Liverpool seem to be the most obvious of destinations for him and thinking on more than likely Arsenal.

jrb said:
If we got Klopp it would give United a free run at Pep Guardiola a year later. That' the last thing we want. Given the choice I'd rather wait a year. All you need to do is to look at Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Perhaps we can't match either of those teams player wise, but we can tactically with Pep Guardiola in charge. Not only that, his name alone will attract the Worlds top players. And more importantly for the money men a City, it will guarantee CL football, playing in the later stages, and more bums on seats at the Etihad.

Pep Guardiola for me.

Mate,I completely respect your point of view, but I think you should consider it a risk to put all our eggs in the pep basket.

What if he turns us down in a year. And goes there anyway? Then we've missed out on Klopp.
Also, we are MCFC, we're not as big a draw to the neutral manager as they are. That doesn't make me a rag, it makes me a city fan who is honest.

Finally, and you can quote me in this if it doesn't come true, I can categorically tell you that Pep has told Man Utd they are the only game in town for him if he ever comes to England to manage.

I say forget this obsession with pep, he doesn't want us.

The slaughtered lamb said:
dasblues said:
Rammy Blue said:
Anyway, may be me getting over excited, but I suppose it's just I have wanted Klopp to come and manage us for the last few years. The mere thought it actually might be happening cheers me up.

Completely agree , it would be fantastic to have him here. It would also signal a complete sea change in our tactical approachthat would get people on the edge of their seats.

He's had the rug pulled from under him at Dortmund and the club are now reaping what they sow in terms of the teams performance.

Its highly unlikely that they would agree to a cancellation of his contract for him then to turn up at another club a month or so later. They would loose out on a large compensation fee, unless he has a break clause in his contract?

That's true. It would signal a sea change from our slow build up tiki taka style and we could expect a good few ins and outs this summer to reflect that. I would be all for it.

Would it also spell the end of txixi?

No Txiki wants a higher pressing game, just look at the academy teams, and the way Peps Barca team pressed,and so did Manuel at first we have'n't had the players to do it , this summer we will buy those players, whoever is the manager. Txiki will be going nowhere, unless this time next year his signings and manager have failed.

KLOPP

Been told by my source at Melbourne City that Klopp has the job at City if he wants it.

Yes you can reply with the usual but he has said discussions have been going on since December and he told me about this long ago.

I have his permission to tell the forum and he is the type of person who wouldn't make up a story like this.

He knows little a football but a lot about Dortmund the City.

He has no idea if Klopp wlll take on the job on who else he has been speaking to about his next point of call.

I am not an ITK but don't worry about the fact its coming from someone who lives in Australia.

He knows the Klopp household through his family in Germany.

Personally despite saying he would like to manage in the premiership I have grave doubts Klopp will take it but lets see,

the originalkippaxman said:
Think others have already mentioned on here reports out of Germany are that Klopp wants a year off so not sure why everybody is getting so excited. Also if he is having a year off is he lined up to be the replacement for Wenger. I know I mentioned Liverpool earlier but Arsenal and Liverpool seem to be the most obvious of destinations for him and thinking on more than likely Arsenal.

Can't find the post now - but someone posted from twitter that reports in Germany that he won't have a break

Damocles said:
Summerbuzz said:
Well I wasn't offended until you assumed I was offended :(

Yes, I've entertained the thought that maybe I am a complete idiot. It seems like a very sound proposition, and until proven otherwise, I am assuming it is correct.

Lighten up kid. Lazy stereotypes are beneath a man of your stature.

Yeah, I'm actually in my thirties....

Anyway, the idea of English xenophobia towards foreign ideals and "not invented here" syndrome holding back football in this country isn't a lazy stereotype. Nor is it lazy to suggest that people who commit these fallacies will also commit it elsewhere.

That's called a logical inference not a stereotype. A stereotype is a different thing. You really should get to work on that dictionary if you want to be able to communicate ideas with others properly.

In fact I'm probably going to leave it there. This is one of those times where I'm going to be criticised for hitting low hanging fruit again when I have to come up to debate a point with somebody with a bit of nouse about them.

Can we get back on thread and take the bickering elsewhere? ;)

argyle said:
Not to put a downer on things but maybe lets wait until the presser before we all get excited about it? Could still be with Pellers next season after all.
Whether Klopp comes or not Pellers will not be here next season.

If he is then I wouldn't trust the management team to run a bath never mind a club

bluemoon98 said:
the originalkippaxman said:

Can't find the post now - but someone posted from twitter that reports in Germany that he won't have a break

We might find out in half an hour.

Re: KLOPP

mancity1 said:
Been told by my source at Melbourne City that Klopp has the job at City if he wants it.

Yes you can reply with the usual but he has said discussions have been going on since December and he told me about this long ago.

I have his permission to tell the forum and he is the type of person who wouldn't make up a story like this.

He knows little a football but a lot about Dortmund the City.

He has no idea if Klopp wlll take on the job on who else he has been speaking to about his next point of call.

I am not an ITK but don't worry about the fact its coming from someone who lives in Australia.

He knows the Klopp household through his family in Germany.

Personally despite saying he would like to manage in the premiership I have grave doubts Klopp will take it but lets see,

Its a done deal in the bag then?

Sorry guys, but for me we are putting 2-2 together and just missing out on the answer in this occassion.

Today's news on Klopp will likely INCREASE the possibility of Ancelotti becoming city manager next season.

Klopp - Real Madrid
Ancelotti - City

1- News of City's interest spreads amongst European media
2- Real Madrid check on other's availability
3- Klopp's advisors tell Real Madrid he could be available
4- Real Madrid express a strong interest in Klopp
5- Klopp announces he will leave Dortmund
6- Real Madrid allow Ancelotti to leave
7- City appoint Ancelotti
8- Real Madrid appoint Klopp

The way I see things panning out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.