Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Not saying he would be my choice but people have to see its almost a match made in heaven...City & Klopp......both a little bit different.

If we got Klopp it would give United a free run at Pep Guardiola a year later. That' the last thing we want. Given the choice I'd rather wait a year. All you need to do is to look at Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Perhaps we can't match either of those teams player wise, but we can tactically with Pep Guardiola in charge. Not only that, his name alone will attract the Worlds top players. And more importantly for the money men a City, it will guarantee CL football, playing in the later stages, and more bums on seats at the Etihad.

Pep Guardiola for me.

Too much of a coincidence isn't it? Hope so getting excited hope I am not disappointed. He owes Dortmund nothing dump them and ignite our end of season slump. Just the type of character we need.

Damocles said:
Summerbuzz said:
Damocles said:
I won't lie that this is a turn of events that I've been wanting to see for a few years, and Klopp has always been my number one choice. However, if we speak to him and he isn't interested then I wouldn't mind hijacking a move for Tuchel before Dortmund get there.

Oh and the "Klopp isn't holistic/won't work in our structure" thing is total bollocks from people who literally don't understand what they are talking about. Klopp has never worked in a single job without a Director of Football above him and holisitc isn't about lack of passion, it's about respect for people around you working towards a common goal. He'd be perfect for "our system".

People don't seem to understand that we are literally the only country in world football who questions this model and it's mostly by the same "just clear it FFS!" brigade who have held back English football for the past 50 years and allowed us to slip into mediocrity due to their inane need to distrust any foreign ideas or ideas introduced by a foreigner.

Like "the Spanish Imposters"

Haha, yeah, right, anyone who has any single one of those viewpoints must fit that stereotype (that you've obviously been nursing for a while!)

back in your cave, thou pasty white, over-invested nerd!

People who hold the view that the footballing executive model that almost every single club that every single country in the world successfully uses apart from a couple in England is wrong are complete idiots.

People who believe that a holistic approach means not having a strong manager are complete idiots. They literally don't seem to know what the word holistic means. As in they have never read a dictionary.

I'm sorry that you seem to be offended by implication that you fit under one of these categories. Have you considered that you might be a complete idiot? So much of an idiot that you cannot actually see that you're an idiot? Just a thought.
Well I wasn't offended until you assumed I was offended :(

Yes, I've entertained the thought that maybe I am a complete idiot. It seems like a very sound proposition, and until proven otherwise, I am assuming it is correct.

Lighten up kid. Lazy stereotypes are beneath a man of your stature.

jollylescott said:
Summerbuzz said:
Hi Tolm. *waves* You have any of that 3/1 action while it was on?

supercity88 said:
. I don't like Pep, I don't want him here, he wouldn't want to come anyway so personally I think it's always been a pipe dream. Klopp and City go together perfectly.

When I saw him at our game in Barca, something about his manner told me he would either never come, or I'd never connect with him. I hate the idea of copying another club. Hughes tried to copy Chelsea - disaster. To me, despite what he'd done with Inter, Mancini always felt like he was ours, for some reason. Klopp would be the same. He could connect with us - and that disconnection between club and fans has been a theme on these boards for some time.

I agree, and I know this is unpopular on this forum because some of the heavy hitters want Pep.

Watching Pep cheering on Barcelona made me wonder whether he would be the right fit for City. In contrast someone like Klopp has a touch of the working class madman, with his general casual appearance and zealotry on the sideline.

What I think we really need is a manager who shows passion. Not someone who diminishes when the going gets tough. I say this because City fans (and players) need re-energising. For too long we the fans and even the players have been lulled into sleepy land, the land of the lotus eaters. If we have a manager who shows passion, the fans at the games will identify and feed off that energy. Mancini had that quality and that was part of the reason why he connected so well.

This is why it's imperative that the Board get this decision right. It's important because the Board need to understand that the fans want and need a leader they can connect with. We don't have that type of leader at the moment, and I believe that it's absolutely vital for the future of this great club.

Good point - holistic also should be extended to the fans as well

Somehting that seems to be missed

jrb said:
If we got Klopp it would give United a free run at Pep Guardiola a year later. That' the last thing we want. Given the choice I'd rather wait a year. All you need to do is to look at Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Perhaps we can't match either of those teams player wise, but we can tactically with Pep Guardiola in charge. Not only that, his name alone will attract the Worlds top players. And more importantly for the money men a City, it will guarantee CL football, playing in the later stages, and more bums on seats at the Etihad.

Pep Guardiola for me.
And if this time next year Guardiola decides to take a year off like he did at Barca. Do we write off 16/17 too?

jrb said:

Pep Guardiola for me.

Who gives a flying fuck what United do ! If Pep goes there they had better employ a DoF first for a start, we cant put our future on hold-if he is serious about managing City then he needs to come for next season, possibly Txiki knows that isn't going to happen hence this Klopp rumour.

jrb said:

Pep Guardiola for me.

So write off another year on Aguero and Silva career. Hope they stay put whilst City put all eggs in one basket.

I want Pep to. But he chose Bayern when we needed him massively. Pep is likely to take a sabbatical again and watch the league, view teams weaknesses and identity the players he wants to bring in himself. So that's two years. Also, Klopp is a great manager himself. He could come here and really lift us, on and off the pitch. There's more than one way to skin a cat and Pep isn't the only option to gain success

Paulmcfc2703 said:
jrb said:

Pep Guardiola for me.
And if this time next year Guardiola decides to take a year off like he did at Barca. Do we write off 16/17 too?

Exactly we cant keep waiting for something that might never happen.

TheBlueDune said:
Would be happy with this.
Got 6/4 on pellegrini next to go and 16/1 on klopp next manager.

Seemed to constantly get shafted at Dortmund with best players getting sold.

Good source here in oz , saying Klopp has been approached to beour next manager starting next season.

I have been told its his if he wants it.

Your 16-1 will shrink quickly over the next few hours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.