Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
bluemoon98 said:
mancity1 said:
TheBlueDune said:
Would be happy with this.
Got 6/4 on pellegrini next to go and 16/1 on klopp next manager.

Seemed to constantly get shafted at Dortmund with best players getting sold.

Good source here in oz , saying Klopp has been approached to beour next manager starting next season.

I have been told its his if he wants it.

Your 16-1 will shrink quickly over the next few hours.

Sky bet 11/10 for klopp to be our manager next season

Betfair 2/1

bluemoon98 said:
the originalkippaxman said:
Think others have already mentioned on here reports out of Germany are that Klopp wants a year off so not sure why everybody is getting so excited. Also if he is having a year off is he lined up to be the replacement for Wenger. I know I mentioned Liverpool earlier but Arsenal and Liverpool seem to be the most obvious of destinations for him and thinking on more than likely Arsenal.

Can't find the post now - but someone posted from twitter that reports in Germany that he won't have a break

Told he wanted a break but if an offer too good to refuse comes in he will accept it unconditionally.

I have been told we have been talking to him for some months as we should be to any manager we think is suitable to replace MP when the time comes.

Kazzydeyna said:
jrb said:
If we got Klopp it would give United a free run at Pep Guardiola a year later. That' the last thing we want. Given the choice I'd rather wait a year. All you need to do is to look at Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Perhaps we can't match either of those teams player wise, but we can tactically with Pep Guardiola in charge. Not only that, his name alone will attract the Worlds top players. And more importantly for the money men a City, it will guarantee CL football, playing in the later stages, and more bums on seats at the Etihad.

Pep Guardiola for me.

Mate,I completely respect your point of view, but I think you should consider it a risk to put all our eggs in the pep basket.

What if he turns us down in a year. And goes there anyway? Then we've missed out on Klopp.
Also, we are MCFC, we're not as big a draw to the neutral manager as they are. That doesn't make me a rag, it makes me a city fan who is honest.

Finally, and you can quote me in this if it doesn't come true, I can categorically tell you that Pep has told Man Utd they are the only game in town for him if he ever comes to England to manage.

I say forget this obsession with pep, he doesn't want us.

Hogwash. Where's your evidence that Pep has stated this? How the hell do you know what he's said and who he has said it to?

moh said:
bluemoon98 said:
mancity1 said:
Good source here in oz , saying Klopp has been approached to beour next manager starting next season.

I have been told its his if he wants it.

Your 16-1 will shrink quickly over the next few hours.

Sky bet 11/10 for klopp to be our manager next season

Betfair 2/1

He has the job if he wants it so provided that is the case anybody who took the 25-1 on offer not so long ago can cash in.

Does anybody think that instead of changing the manager we will go and get him the players who can play the high pressing game Txixi wants us playing throughout the club , and that part of that is to bring through Viera as first team manager when his team replaces the "new" first team..hope that makes sense? If Txixi is staying then I think this might happen, and I think that's ok..

ayrshire_blue said:
Sorry guys, but for me we are putting 2-2 together and just missing out on the answer in this occassion.

Today's news on Klopp will likely INCREASE the possibility of Ancelotti becoming city manager next season.

Klopp - Real Madrid
Ancelotti - City

1- News of City's interest spreads amongst European media
2- Real Madrid check on other's availability
3- Klopp's advisors tell Real Madrid he could be available
4- Real Madrid express a strong interest in Klopp
5- Klopp announces he will leave Dortmund
6- Real Madrid allow Ancelotti to leave
7- City appoint Ancelotti
8- Real Madrid appoint Klopp

The way I see things panning out.

That's a fair shout mate

tonea2003 said:
fbloke said:
How popular would Jurgen be if the first decision he makes if to sell Kompany?

no one is bigger than the club

True but under that scenario, selling one of our best players without actually working with him first would be an unthinkable decision that would probably cause the City fans to immediately turn on him. The board would probably cast quizzical glances in his direction too if he asked to sell Kompany on his first day on the job.

Stories are true he wants to be released from his contract at years end.

Understandably the flood on money of Klopp at City next year continues,

Txiki must feel bad.
If he goes for Ancelotti/Klopp next year, they will be here for 2-3 years.

That would guarantee Guardiola joining one of our rivals 2016 summer. Txiki's dream candidate at Arsenal or United.

How this will play out its very interesting.

I can see Txiki being overruled here if he really wants Guardiola.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.