Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
mancity1 said:
TheBlueDune said:
Would be happy with this.
Got 6/4 on pellegrini next to go and 16/1 on klopp next manager.

Seemed to constantly get shafted at Dortmund with best players getting sold.

Good source here in oz , saying Klopp has been approached to beour next manager starting next season.

I have been told its his if he wants it.

Your 16-1 will shrink quickly over the next few hours.

Sky bet 11/10 for klopp to be our manager next season

dasblues said:
Rammy Blue said:
Anyway, may be me getting over excited, but I suppose it's just I have wanted Klopp to come and manage us for the last few years. The mere thought it actually might be happening cheers me up.

Completely agree , it would be fantastic to have him here. It would also signal a complete sea change in our tactical approachthat would get people on the edge of their seats.

He's had the rug pulled from under him at Dortmund and the club are now reaping what they sow in terms of the teams performance.

Its highly unlikely that they would agree to a cancellation of his contract for him then to turn up at another club a month or so later. They would loose out on a large compensation fee, unless he has a break clause in his contract?

That's true. It would signal a sea change from our slow build up tiki taka style and we could expect a good few ins and outs this summer to reflect that. I would be all for it.

Would it also spell the end of txixi?

jrb said:
If we got Klopp it would give United a free run at Pep Guardiola a year later. That' the last thing we want. Given the choice I'd rather wait a year. All you need to do is to look at Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Perhaps we can't match either of those teams player wise, but we can tactically with Pep Guardiola in charge. Not only that, his name alone will attract the Worlds top players. And more importantly for the money men a City, it will guarantee CL football, playing in the later stages, and more bums on seats at the Etihad.

Pep Guardiola for me.

Surely we can't just put all our eggs in the Pep basket though?

There's strong rumours that he is set to sign a new contract at Bayern anyway. Klopp has had a bad year but he is still a top manager that in my opinion would be foolish for us to overlook.

We're on the cusp of a rebuilding job and he has proven his worth in that regard, the new youth facilities support his passion for integrating young players into his teams and the money is also there for him to go out and buy/retain his top players.

Arguably the most exciting prospect of having Klopp at the helm is his personal rapport with the fans. Don't get me wrong, Pellegrini is a nice guy but I personally feel we have lost the connection that we had with Mancini. Klopp turning round to the crowd and roaring us on to make more noise is a great picture in my head anyway!

Not to put a downer on things but maybe lets wait until the presser before we all get excited about it? Could still be with Pellers next season after all.

jrb said:
If we got Klopp it would give United a free run at Pep Guardiola a year later. That' the last thing we want. Given the choice I'd rather wait a year. All you need to do is to look at Barcelona and Bayern Munich. Perhaps we can't match either of those teams player wise, but we can tactically with Pep Guardiola in charge. Not only that, his name alone will attract the Worlds top players. And more importantly for the money men a City, it will guarantee CL football, playing in the later stages, and more bums on seats at the Etihad.

Pep Guardiola for me.
How many times does this need saying on here, PEP WILL NOT BE COMING TO US, HE'S A RAG LOVER, HE WILL BE GOING THERE WHEN TT GOES, forget him

jrb said:

Pep Guardiola for me.
Did you see Guardiola at the Barcelona vs Manchester City game .
He was delighted when Barcelona scored .
Can`t see him coming to City .

I love all the taking a year off so we can get Pep next summer. Beyond bs. The players have taken a year off this season, another one & they'll be semi-retired by this time next yr! Don't just write a year off for a manager who probably wont come to City anyway. Chance he may stay at Bayern or probably go back to Barca.

baildon blue said:
jrb said:

Pep Guardiola for me.
Did you see Guardiola at the Barcelona vs Manchester City game .
He was delighted when Barcelona scored .
Can`t see him coming to City .

He's a legend at Barca as a player & manager so cant blame him for supporting the team, he currently has no links with City at all. I don't think him celebrating during that game has anything to do with it.

Although I agree I don't see him coming to City, but not for that reason.

Summerbuzz said:
Well I wasn't offended until you assumed I was offended :(

Yes, I've entertained the thought that maybe I am a complete idiot. It seems like a very sound proposition, and until proven otherwise, I am assuming it is correct.

Lighten up kid. Lazy stereotypes are beneath a man of your stature.

Yeah, I'm actually in my thirties....

Anyway, the idea of English xenophobia towards foreign ideals and "not invented here" syndrome holding back football in this country isn't a lazy stereotype. Nor is it lazy to suggest that people who commit these fallacies will also commit it elsewhere.

That's called a logical inference not a stereotype. A stereotype is a different thing. You really should get to work on that dictionary if you want to be able to communicate ideas with others properly.

In fact I'm probably going to leave it there. This is one of those times where I'm going to be criticised for hitting low hanging fruit again when I have to come up to debate a point with somebody with a bit of nouse about them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.