Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Re: Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements

right now i'd take anyone and i mean anyone. i like pellers but someone down there doesnt. its clearly not working. these players are top top players, something behind the scenes is affecting our play. sadly in all these cases the manager has to go. if we want to get ANYTHING from the season it has to be today. not after barca, today. paddy till the summer then appoint someone who is younger, hungrier and a little bit less nice.

I know it won't be a popular opinion - But I would love to see us get Tim Sherwood involved within the club somehow.

Now that doesn't mean necessarily as manager replacing Pellegrini straight away or Viera with EDS - but the way he seems to motivate people and integrate youth and get everybody pulling in the same direction is exactly what I tihink we are missing at the moment.

His managerial spell has been (Very) Brief - but from what I've seen at Spurs and so far with Villa - I'm impressed.

TrueBlueMike said:
I know it won't be a popular opinion - But I would love to see us get Tim Sherwood involved within the club somehow.

Now that doesn't mean necessarily as manager replacing Pellegrini straight away or Viera with EDS - but the way he seems to motivate people and integrate youth and get everybody pulling in the same direction is exactly what I tihink we are missing at the moment.

His managerial spell has been (Very) Brief - but from what I've seen at Spurs and so far with Villa - I'm impressed.

You'll be lambasted to that but can't say with honesty that I've ever given him much thought. Never really considered him anything other than a comedy character to be honest, not really convinced by his ability to motivate.

In my head he talks like his lines are written by a Hollywood screenwriter writing a sports underdog movie. And not a very good screenwriter. Something like these blokes:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUyK_J_W4BI[/video]

de niro said:
right now i'd take anyone and i mean anyone. i like pellers but someone down there doesnt. its clearly not working. these players are top top players, something behind the scenes is affecting our play. sadly in all these cases the manager has to go. if we want to get ANYTHING from the season it has to be today. not after barca, today. paddy till the summer then appoint someone who is younger, hungrier and a little bit less nice.

Never gonna happen though Bill. And I'm not sure if these top top players are as top top as we think. Top top players don't as often let the arse fall out of their performances as this lot have. Forced myself to rewatch the Burnley game last night and all I can say is our top top players were a fucking disgrace. Absolute fucking disgrace.

This morning I feel like if Pellegrini goes this summer there better be four or five of our so called top tops following him out the door the fucking twats.

Mister Appointment said:
de niro said:

Never gonna happen though Bill. And I'm not sure if these top top players are as top top as we think. Top top players don't as often let the arse fall out of their performances as this lot have. Forced myself to rewatch the Burnley game last night and all I can say is our top top players were a fucking disgrace. Absolute fucking disgrace.

This morning I feel like if Pellegrini goes this summer there better be four or five of our so called top tops following him out the door the fucking twats.

Exactly right.

blueinsa said:
Mister Appointment said:
de niro said:

Exactly right.

Pellegrini didn't deserve the performance someone like Silva put in. For all his own failings this season the one thing he can't control is mard arse twats hiding on the pitch to ensure they're fresh in Barca.

Even if we go through it won't placate my rage at some of them.

Just a small point too - Begiristain and Soriano faced this issue previously.

At the end of the 07/08 season, Barca were struggling under Rijkaard since Xmas and there was a feeling that he had lost the dressing room due to his management of Ronaldinho and a couple of others.

Cruyff and others including Soriano wanted to sack him in the February/March and replace him but Txiki Begiristain politicked extremely hard against this to the point where there were rumours in the Spanish press that he was willing to put his job on the line for it.

Begiristain was a big advocate of Pep taking over who was in charge of the B Team at the time, but said that parachuting him in with a few games left would be disastrous for both the club and the future of a manager they wanted. Instead they should let the season play out as it was going to play out, then give Guardiola the reigns instead of putting him in an unwinnable scenario. Barca finished third that year which was by no means a foregone conclusion and obviously Guardiola came in the next summer.

My point is that this has happened before with the exact same decision makers in charge and they all seemed to recognise the value of waiting instead of potentially wrecking a new manager's start. The idea that we'll sack Pellegrini before the end of the season is an massive long shot for my money.

Mister Appointment said:
de niro said:

Who's that then? Kompany? Silva? Aguero? Yaya? Total madness. The manager has lost the dressing room and the players have lost confidence that he knows what he's doing. It's clear for all to see.

hgblue said:
Mister Appointment said:
de niro said:

Who's that then? Kompany? Silva? Aguero? Yaya? Total madness. The manager has lost the dressing room and the players have lost confidence that he knows what he's doing. It's clear for all to see.

If two successive managers have lost the dressing room coincidentally in the season after they win a league title, then we should be looking at the players. they're the constant here. we've already switched managers and the same thing has happened again.

And if it was clear for all to see then these threads would be much shorter

hgblue said:
Mister Appointment said:
de niro said:

That's your opinion. Mine is different and I believe you'll find when the washing is done this summer our starting/best XI will be diff by at least four players.

Oh and you named those particular four players, not me. Silva was a fucking disgrace against Burnley but I'm not advocating we sell him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.