Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
chris85mcfc said:
peoffrey said:
chris85mcfc said:
Not entirely sure he was the reason they signed for Madrid

I think a player still needs to subscribe to what the manager plans for them. His Madrid team finished just behind the finest Barcelona side in years so he must have been doing something right.

If it's the players and DoF that ruined Mancini and the players and DoF that are ruining Pellegrini then there's surely only one answer?

I think our player recruitment in the last three summers has a lot to answer for, but questioning those that are involved in the recruitment just isn't possible on here.

The reason Pellegrini cops for it, is that he can surely see that the players that he has got at his disposal aren't capable of playing the way that he wants them to, but yet he keeps playing them in that manner. But then people point to a league and cup double, so basically its a vicious circle that I don't think we will ever get out of until we offload a lot of the current players and bring in new faces who can play the way he wants them to, Whilst baring in mind that Pellegrini won't be here at the end of next summer, so the players we sign have to want to play for the club and not the manager

Spot on the manager needs to manage what he as in front of him and he is clearly not this season.

The problem is changing formation or tactics and the only way Pellegrini changes is when it's forced upon him by injuries

CityFan94 said:
I still feel the players are a bigger problem than the manager.

If we replaced the likes of Nasri, Yaya and Jovetic with Sterling, De Bruyne and Pogba - it would be a big improvement to our squad, no matter who was the manager.

If Pellegrini agreed to adapt to 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 and we signed well in the summer, I wouldn't be too disappointed about keeping Pellegrini.

It doesn't matter if we had Guardiola or Klopp, neither could win the Premiership or Champion's League this season with this current group of players IMO. Our squad is so unbalanced right now it's ridiculous.

He shouldn't need to be told.

If he had gone with

---------------Aguero
Nasri---------Yaya---------Silva
---Fern/Milner---Fern

this season we'd probably still be in the title race. It boggles the mind how he has not once pushed Yaya forward. The more I think about it the more I can't wait to see the back of him.

Coupled with the formation issues/not playing tour strengths.......The constant,unnecessary.....rotation has also annoyed me.

I want change.

Each player is different, of course.

I guess we are are talking Toure, Nasri and Dzeko. These are the three Brennan pointed the club's finger at last week (and who all finished the game against Albion, by the way). Nasri, has some value probably but not worth the mood-swing hassle. Dzeko no, not with the "new" style the club has. Maybe I would like to see the old Yaya again under a different manager, or even in a different formation under Pellegrini. Keep Pellegrini and play the same formation and Toure should go.

But that isn't what i was saying. My point is that the players haven't downed tools, they aren't too old old and they are not less hungry for success, any more than they didn't/weren't two years ago (apart from the Cup final which was an almost perfect demonstration of how not to manage change). That characterisation is just one that suits the club (and when I say club, I mean Soriano. I doubt Khaldoon will say anything about that, or any major effect of FFP, in his annual review). There is more at play here, and that includes systems, formations, management decisions as well as motivation, confidence of the players.

As I said earlier, there are always two sides to any problem. The players have to take some responsibility, but so do the management team.

Mister Appointment said:
It's not about making excuses. It's about analysing the drop in intensity from last season and figuring out why. Obviously we did the double so that's two more trophies.

Let's skin the cat a different way. If you take the players who've underperformed - how many of them do you think would reinvigorated with a different manager and how many would you trust through another PL and CL campaign?

sam-caddick said:
Not sure if posted:

City Watch @City_Watch · 3h 3 hours ago
Daily Mail: Patrick Vieira has the support of City players to take over if Manuel Pellegrini is sacked this summer.

Vieira please!
[bigimg]http://media0.giphy.com/media/ozmcaOBoLSY2k/giphy.gif[/bigimg]

sam-caddick said:
Not sure if posted:

Daily Mail: Patrick Vieira has the support of City players to take over if Manuel Pellegrini is sacked this summer.

Vieira please!

Is that 'Vieira please' or Vieira, please' or 'Vieira, purrrrlease'......ie demanding, approving or somewhat scornful? I'm hoping it's the latter, because, fine gentleman though he may well be, I would be somewhat aghast at the notion of a club in City's elevated, yet necessarily precarious, position, taking an almighty gamble on someone who's never managed at anything other than youth team level

sam-caddick said:
Not sure if posted:

Vieira please!
giphy.gif

pudge said:
sam-caddick said:
Not sure if posted:

Vieira please!
[bigimg]http://media0.giphy.com/media/ozmcaOBoLSY2k/giphy.gif[/bigimg]

Haha, I laughed.

I think he would be a top appointment.

The players wanting Vieira would be something that should cause concern, not delight. If the players have any say in the next manager, there is something fundamentally wrong at the club with player power. I'm sure they are all friendly with Vieira but it should have no bearing on the appointment, which I still believe should be a world class coach because we are not yet established enough to be taking risks. We're nothing in Europe, closer to laughing stocks than serious threats, and a coach who can get us in the latter stages of that competition (while challenging domestically) should be the priority.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.