Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GaudinoMotors said:
The everyone uses it, therefore it's right logic. Clubs use them for differing reasons - some use them to keep the transfer costs down others use them because they don't judge a managers judgment etc etc, on some occaisions they are used well and the DoB knows his stuff.
It's clear our summer signings haven't exactly gone too well despite a decent spend.
Is it ok to discuss our DoB's performance without the insults and disgusting accusations of xenophobia? Afterall you are Mr Logical Song these days.

Every club outside of Manchester United who have won the Champions League in the past 20 years uses the Director of Football model.

Every club outside of Manchester United who has won a league title in the top 5 leagues in the world in the past 15ish years uses the Director of Football model.

Every club who qualified for the knockouts of the Champions League uses the Director of Football model.

I don't know this offhand but could probably check and wouldn't be surprised to learn that every club in the Champions League uses the Director of Football model.

There is no debate in football about this model anywhere apart from in England and even then by an increasingly smaller and smaller number of fans who refuse to accept that the way they know is not the best way.

Criticise whatever you like put suggesting that you're skeptical about the DoF model is exactly like saying that you're skeptical of wing backs. If you say something so massively at odds with all results then you'd better have a decent argument to back it up. Otherwise you just come across as ill-informed about an issue that you're supposed to be debating. How is somebody expected to respect an opinion about the performance of a Director of Football when they have unsubstantiated and frankly bizarre opinions such as a "skepticism" over the entire model?

f8221994632a8d6600eb5e264348b51e.png

Apologies for the poor quality but it was the video's fault. They are talking about our recruitment overall since 2012 and onwards but Txiki obviously didn't sign Javi Garcia, Rodwell, Wright, Nastasic, Sinclair & Maicon.

Still terrible viewing that, makes me empathize with what Mancini and now Pellegrini have had to deal with the season after winning the title. The main core let them down a season after winning a title and obviously those players brought in have generally been not good enough to step up.

Damocles said:
yekimevol said:
This is my issue with Txiki; I dont believe that the team have gotten better since we won the title with mancini. If you look at this list the only signing I think has been a success is Fernandinho, many have left or havent really made the grade.
CASf6QEU8AEjnKQ.png:large

Half of those weren't signed under Begiristain and 5 of them were signed this season making the judgement not exactly a fair one

Also Sky have not got a fucking clue what we pay for players.

Why do folk not think before posting shit like this up?

Damocles said:
GaudinoMotors said:
The everyone uses it, therefore it's right logic. Clubs use them for differing reasons - some use them to keep the transfer costs down others use them because they don't judge a managers judgment etc etc, on some occaisions they are used well and the DoB knows his stuff.
It's clear our summer signings haven't exactly gone too well despite a decent spend.
Is it ok to discuss our DoB's performance without the insults and disgusting accusations of xenophobia? Afterall you are Mr Logical Song these days.

Every club outside of Manchester United who have won the Champions League in the past 20 years uses the Director of Football model.

Every club outside of Manchester United who has won a league title in the top 5 leagues in the world in the past 15ish years uses the Director of Football model.

Every club who qualified for the knockouts of the Champions League uses the Director of Football model.

I don't know this offhand but could probably check and wouldn't be surprised to learn that every club in the Champions League uses the Director of Football model.

There is no debate in football about this model anywhere apart from in England and even then by an increasingly smaller and smaller number of fans who refuse to accept that the way they know is not the best way.

Criticise whatever you like put suggesting that you're skeptical about the DoF model is exactly like saying that you're skeptical of wing backs. If you say something so massively at odds with all results then you'd better have a decent argument to back it up. Otherwise you just come across as ill-informed about an issue that you're supposed to be debating. How is somebody expected to respect an opinion about the performance of a Director of Football when they have unsubstantiated and frankly bizarre opinions such as a "skepticism" over the entire model?

All depends on who is your DoF of course

blueinsa said:
Damocles said:
yekimevol said:
This is my issue with Txiki; I dont believe that the team have gotten better since we won the title with mancini. If you look at this list the only signing I think has been a success is Fernandinho, many have left or havent really made the grade.
CASf6QEU8AEjnKQ.png:large

Half of those weren't signed under Begiristain and 5 of them were signed this season making the judgement not exactly a fair one

Tbf I don't think those values are far off what we have paid

Having said that, I hate things like that. If they did one for every club in the top 6 it would be equally as laughable.

The thing that list tells me, is how little we've actually spent. It might look like it adds up to a fair bit if you only put how much we spent on people, but pretty much everything other than about 3 on the list are balanced out by outgoings. Bony cost £25m, but he was replacing another on that list, Negredo, who we've apparently sold for £20m, who was replacing Balotelli who we sold for something like £18m, so he's really cost something more like £5m. Navas cost £15m, but is replacing AJ who we sold for £11m, so again that's only really about £4m. Rodwell we sold for £1m less than we paid for him. Fernando is replacing Garcia, who again we sold for pretty much what we paid for him. Nastasic has gone for similar to what we've paid for him as well.

There is only really Mangala, Fernandinho and Jovetic who haven't been almost entirely subsidised by the player they were replacing. (which was always going to be impossible with the situations Barry, Lescott and Tevez were in) We've been treading water in the market, patching breaches instead of expanding and we've done a pretty good job of doing that. Our squad is still in a great position to build on in the summer, if we can now afford to actually do more than just try and stay at the same level.

chris85mcfc said:
blueinsa said:
Damocles said:

Having said that, I hate things like that. If they did one for every club in the top 6 it would be equally as laughable.
I'd love to see uniteds.

cleavers said:
chris85mcfc said:
blueinsa said:

Having said that, I hate things like that. If they did one for every club in the top 6 it would be equally as laughable.[/quote]I'd love to see uniteds.

Ask and you shall receive :)

2012/13

Nick Powell £6,000,000 Matthew James £1,000,000
Shinji Kagawa £12,000,000 Ritchie De Laet £1,000,000
Sean Goss £100,000 Oliver Norwood £400,000
Robin Van Persie £22,000,000 Tomasz Kuszczak Free
Angelo Henrique £4,000,000 Park Ji-Sung £2,500,000
Alexander Büttner £3,900,000 Paul Pogba Free
Wilfred Zaha £15,000,000 Dimitar Berbatov £4,000,000
Michael Owen released
Joshua King £1,000,000
Robbie Brady £2,000,000 Prem
Ezekiel Fryers Free Pts Pos
Total £63,000,000 £11,900,000

NET SPEND: £51,100,000
2013/14

Guillermo Varela £2,400,000 Freddie Veseli. Released
Marouane Fellaini £27,500,000 Gyliano Van Velzen, Released
Saidy Janko £700,000 John Cofie, Released
Juan Mata £37,100,000 Luke Giverin, Released
Luke Hendrie, Released
Luke McCullough, Released
Michele Fornasier, Released
Reece Brown, Released
Paul Scholes Retired
Scott Wootton £1,000,000
Fabio Minimal
Total £67,700,000 £1,000,000

NET SPEND: £66,700,000

2014/15

Vanja Milinković Undisclosed Federico Macheda Free
Ander Herrera £29,000,000 Alexander Büttner £4,400,000
Luke Shaw £27,000,000 Jack Barmby Free
Marcos Rojo £16,000,000 Rio Ferdinand Released
Ángel Di María £59,700,000 Nemanja Vidic Released
Daley Blind £13,800,000 Ryan Giggs Released
Victor Valdez Free Louis Rowley Free
Sadiq El Fitouri Free Patrice Evra £1,500,000
Bebé £2,400,000
Shinji Kagawa £7,000,000
Danny Welbeck £16,000,000 PTS POS
Tom Lawrence £1,000,000
Charni Ekangamene Undisclosed
Sam Byrne Released
Jack Rudge Released
Michael Keane £3,000,000
Darren Fletcher free
Marnick Vermijl Undisclosed
Wilfried Zaha £6,000,000
Anderson Free
£145,500,000 £41,300,000

NET SPEND: £104,200,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.