Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ello_jo said:
Wonder what the transfers would look like had cook still been there? A shadow of what we see there I imagine and for the better.

Don't like him or the way he does his dealings, at least last year when we had our rotation players it included the likes of lesscott and Richards who were big characters in the dressing room.

They seem to have no understanding of our club and just treat it as business. For all cooks faults he still had passion and desire about city and what we were doing.
Garry Cook didn't do the transfers, he had Brian Marwood as his DOF.

AntonDonJuan said:
I like how Martin Samuel is everyone's favourite journalist who speaks the tturth when others don't when he is talking about anybody/anything else

But when it comes to reporting on someone at our club in a negative light he is a dinosaur

I don't have a favourite journalist but thanks for that.

What I like is how all of a sudden our club is apparently so badly run that half the forum is falling over itself to agree with every no mark journo/rag/pundit so long As they're slagging off Txiki/Soriano/Pellegrini/Vinny/Yaya.

Nowt to do with wearing blue tinted specs or being a happy clapper. Just sick of the shite worthless facile criticism of everything Blue.

Mister Appointment said:
AntonDonJuan said:
I like how Martin Samuel is everyone's favourite journalist who speaks the tturth when others don't when he is talking about anybody/anything else

But when it comes to reporting on someone at our club in a negative light he is a dinosaur

I don't have a favourite journalist but thanks for that.

What I like is how all of a sudden our club is apparently so badly run that half the forum is falling over itself to agree with every no mark journo/rag/pundit so long As they're slagging off Txiki/Soriano/Pellegrini/Vinny/Yaya.

Nowt to do with wearing blue tinted specs or being a happy clapper. Just sick of the shite worthless facile criticism of everything Blue.

Just don't read it, and ignore the threads where people discuss it.

I've not read a paper for years and I wouldn't let some no mark from the media dictate how I thought my club was being run.

9/10 their just having a stab in the dark anyway

Ray78 said:
ello_jo said:
Wonder what the transfers would look like had cook still been there? A shadow of what we see there I imagine and for the better.

Don't like him or the way he does his dealings, at least last year when we had our rotation players it included the likes of lesscott and Richards who were big characters in the dressing room.

They seem to have no understanding of our club and just treat it as business. For all cooks faults he still had passion and desire about city and what we were doing.

There is a downside in being 'passionate'. It leads to making knee jerk decisions.
Because txikis well thought out transfers coupled with his lack of passion have done well for the club so far. I see.

Bring back the days when cook was accusing ac Milan of bricking it over seeking kaka, at least we were there discussing the possibility of him coming.

ello_jo said:
Ray78 said:
ello_jo said:

There is a downside in being 'passionate'. It leads to making knee jerk decisions.
Because txikis well thought out transfers coupled with his lack of passion have done well for the club so far. I see.

Bring back the days when cook was accusing ac Milan of bricking it over seeking kaka, at least we were there discussing the possibility of him coming.

Then he didn't come, just as well in hindsight, it's my guess,from the vibes I'm picking up at the end of this summer we will have brought in better signings than Kaka, so I'd hold fire if I was you.

ello_jo said:

Has it really been that bad? Come on, we've won a league title and a league cup in this catastrophic period, not to mention reaching the knockouts of the champions league twice. Hardly a disaster.

moomba said:
ello_jo said:

Has it really been that bad? Come on, we've won a league title and a league cup in this catastrophic period, not to mention reaching the knockouts of the champions league twice. Hardly a disaster.

Certainly not and both times against a side who most people would but money to beat us over two legs anyway.

This is why the next window is important as our core group are ageing and we need to start to see the fruits of youth as far as the first team is concerned start to come to the fore.

I think Txiki will be looking forward to this window more than anyone he has been involved in so far.

moomba said:
ello_jo said:

I'm not calling it a disaster, but can you honestly say we have progressed from last year? At this moment in time you can't be happy with city's progress, whoever you blame whether it be pellegrini, txiki, soriano or the players, it ultimately comes down to those 2 who are in charge. They saw it fit to swap mancini for pellegrini, to pay a shed load of money for squad players instead of players to freshen up the first team and to remove players ie. Richards, lescott who used to keep morale high in the dressing room.

This summer is when we make a final judgement, all I'm saying is I think right now we'd be in a better place had we still had cook and mancini.

ello_jo said:
moomba said:
ello_jo said:

I'm not calling it a disaster, but can you honestly say we have progressed from last year? At this moment in time you can't be happy with city's progress, whoever you blame whether it be pellegrini, txiki, soriano or the players, it ultimately comes down to those 2 who are in charge. They saw it fit to swap mancini for pellegrini, to pay a shed load of money for squad players instead of players to freshen up the first team and to remove players ie. Richards, lescott who used to keep morale high in the dressing room.

This summer is when we make a final judgement, all I'm saying is I think right now we'd be in a better place had we still had cook and mancini.

You do realise Cook and Txiki don't have the same job , you need to be in the Soriano thread as he replaced Garry Cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.