Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1539788.ece

Interesting from Duncan Castles this morning in the Sunday Times. Basically saying that Barca have offered Txiki the chance to return but that he has signalled his intention to stay at the Etihad and rebuild the squad.

Doesn't surprise me in the least, either the fact that Barca want him back, or that he wants to stay. This will be the first summer he is free from restrictions whereas Barca are under a transfer ban and can't buy anyone this summer. A guy with his reputation will be well aware of the criticism he has had from the British media and will no doubt want to show what he is capable of.

I said in another thread, but it'll be interesting to see how opinions shift on our DoF as our summer business begins to take shape. Come 1st September my bet is nearly all of us will see him as invaluable to the club.

its good to see he still has faith in himself and the club. as you say lets see where are on sept 1st. we all, even us doubters, wish him well.

Puppet Master Silva said:
I struggle to get my head round how we've managed to waste so much money on unfinished products. Why haven't we bought the real deal? Really fucking boring now, can't afford to miss again in the summer.
Bang on

Mister Appointment said:
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1539788.ece

Interesting from Duncan Castles this morning in the Sunday Times. Basically saying that Barca have offered Txiki the chance to return but that he has signalled his intention to stay at the Etihad and rebuild the squad.

Doesn't surprise me in the least, either the fact that Barca want him back, or that he wants to stay. This will be the first summer he is free from restrictions whereas Barca are under a transfer ban and can't buy anyone this summer. A guy with his reputation will be well aware of the criticism he has had from the British media and will no doubt want to show what he is capable of.

I said in another thread, but it'll be interesting to see how opinions shift on our DoF as our summer business begins to take shape. Come 1st September my bet is nearly all of us will see him as invaluable to the club.

Quick question for you, if we as a club are obviously copying the Barca model and they have historically employed from within new Directors of Football , who will become our next DoF when he inevitably returns back to Spain? Barca have had decades operating this system and employ new DoF's and managers from within seemlessly, how will City implement this in the future, bearing in mind the whole newness of this "holistic" bollocks we hardly have people queuing up at the club to step up to that role?

I personally thought Marwood did a fantastic job in player recruitment , got the blend of HG and foreign imports just about right .

Are our foundations built on sand relying on a man who will be off back to Spain IMO within the next two years?

Mister Appointment said:

Can someone with a Times log-on quote the entire article please.

Have to say the lack of backing for Pellers from Ferran and Txiki since January has been astonishing.
As to Txiki - let's hope it's a good summer or he will be toast as City DOF.

This is going to be a tough challenge for Txiki.

First of all, if we look at the best players who appear to be on the market this summer then the only world class players that are regularly mentioned are Pogba and Bale. Of course even if they are available there is no guarantee that they would choose City over the other potential suitors who could afford them. Txiki might offer the highest bid, but players at the top end and their agents often take other factors into account when choosing a club.

Then there is the no small matter of trying to offload players to free up space. Player such as our 3 Balkan lads are likely prospects, but we would have to find buyers. I never trust the noises coming out of Italy, so we will have to wait and see with Jovetic. Then there is a player like Kolarov, who is probably taking delight in receiving his weekly salary for not much effort. If Txiki can shift him then I will be the first to say well done.

The other challenge for me is what Txiki intends to do with Yaya. I personally would like to offload him and I believe this is essential to restructuring our team. However I can't see Yaya going to Inter. They simply couldn't afford him. His weekly pay packet means that there are very few clubs that could afford him anyhow. If we do end up keeping Yaya then he will have to accept (depending on who we buy) that he won't be an automatic starter anymore.

I think the key area that Txiki needs to address is our midfield. It's been out most obvious weakness all season, in that the backs have had very little protection. This is turn has contributed to the crisis in confidence for our defenders.

It sounds like Txiki has been in overdrive behind the scenes. As others have said this is going to be the most interesting, and challenging, of summers for our DoF.

flb said:
Quick question for you, if we as a club are obviously copying the Barca model and they have historically employed from within new Directors of Football , who will become our next DoF when he inevitably returns back to Spain?

Our next DoF won't be from within the club IMO. Just as Txiki wasn't. Maybe at some point PV will have considered it, but he's on a management fast track now.

Barca have had decades operating this system and employ new DoF's and managers from within seemlessly, how will City implement this in the future, bearing in mind the whole newness of this "holistic" bollocks we hardly have people queuing up at the club to step up to that role?

What does 'holistic' have to do with employing a DoF?

It seems you need a quick lesson in what Khaldoon meant when he said the club wanted a more holistic environment. It meant he wanted everyone at the club pulling in the same direction. Nothing more and nothing less. Everything else which is spouted about it is bollocks.

I personally thought Marwood did a fantastic job in player recruitment , got the blend of HG and foreign imports just about right .

Marwood wasn't ever really DoF. Not sure he did a fantastic job either.

Are our foundations built on sand relying on a man who will be off back to Spain IMO within the next two years?

Our foundations are built on Abu Dhabi sand. And who says he'll be back in Spain within two years? You? Haven't seen him or anyone else at the club say it.

This is a big summer for him. Its going to be his first summer where he will have an open remit to buy big. There have been questions asked of his purchases and rightly so but everybody at City realise how difficult it has been to bring players in especially as we have also had to sell.

Like everyone at the club - the performance in their role will be reviewed. City will never go to a Manager makes all decisions model. It's not a viable strategy in todays football. I personally think we tried to stand up to agents to early in the cycle by refusing to budge on some conditions. We need to realise that agents need sweet talking too. He has been doing lots of it.

I'm really excited about this summer, just need to close the deals, finishing strong and securing top 4 is a must. Pelle needs to get his shit in order and pick his best most trusted 11 for every game and win matches. The club need to believe there is still a chance because I can still see a twist and I hope we are the party poppers.

Mister Appointment said:
flb said:
Quick question for you, if we as a club are obviously copying the Barca model and they have historically employed from within new Directors of Football , who will become our next DoF when he inevitably returns back to Spain?

Our next DoF won't be from within the club IMO. Just as Txiki wasn't. Maybe at some point PV will have considered it, but he's on a management fast track now.

Barca have had decades operating this system and employ new DoF's and managers from within seemlessly, how will City implement this in the future, bearing in mind the whole newness of this "holistic" bollocks we hardly have people queuing up at the club to step up to that role?

It seems you need a quick lesson in what Khaldoon meant when he said the club wanted a more holistic environment. It meant he wanted everyone at the club pulling in the same direction. Nothing more and nothing less. Everything else which is spouted about it is bollocks.

Our foundations are built on Abu Dhabi sand. And who says he'll be back in Spain within two years? You? Haven't seen him or anyone else at the club say it.

If you think Txiki will be here for more than another two seasons then fair enough, if Barca really after him back as there DoF then it's only a matter of time .

flb said:
Mister Appointment said:
flb said:

If you think Txiki will be here for more than another two seasons then fair enough, if Barca really after him back as there DoF then it's only a matter of time .

There is no evidence to suggest that apart from Ikkle City bollocks.

Barca didn't want him to go either but he walked.

It amazes me that,even now,with trophies in the cabinet,the tangible evidence that is our stadium and surrounding facilities,and our unquenchable thirst for further success...... that so many of our own hold the club in such low regard and that its employees would rather fvck off elsewhere??

Have a bit more faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.