Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
It amazes me that,even now,with trophies in the cabinet,the tangible evidence that is our stadium and surrounding facilities,and our unquenchable thirst for further success...... that so many of our own hold the club in such low regard and that its employees would rather fvck off elsewhere??

Have a bit more faith.

File next to "Aguero/Silva will go to Madrid next summer so let's enjoy them while we can", heard on here since 2011.

FantasyIreland said:
It amazes me that,even now,with trophies in the cabinet,the tangible evidence that is our stadium and surrounding facilities,and our unquenchable thirst for further success...... that so many of our own hold the club in such low regard and that its employees would rather fvck off elsewhere??

Have a bit more faith.

Sums it up perfectly mate.

flb said:
If you think Txiki will be here for more than another two seasons then fair enough, if Barca really after him back as there DoF then it's only a matter of time .

You're excellent at shifting goal posts. I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before everyone from Pellegrini to Txiki, to Aguero, leaves. Football is fluid like that. However the point which I'm hoping has permeated the walls of your skull is that with the owners we have we have literally nothing to worry about.

Mark Hughes spent 200 plus million pounds on players who for the most part turned out to be useless. Yet we survived and still went on to win two titles in three years.

I can't link the whole article, but I did read it today. What you can see through the paywall is 4/5ths of it.

The missing sentence says he is staying to restructure the squad and find a replacement for Pellegrini.

It's a pretty natural phenomenon that people don't just want things to be successful, they want it to be successful in their way.

It's why we have these arguments, some people on here would still rather we had Mancini in charge to win these trophies, or had different this and that, and in some cases purely because they backed that horse, or back that viewpoint and want to be proven right.

It's not just about winning, it's about being vindicated, that's the bigger satisfaction for some people.

:)

I can guarantee you that many employees will leave the club in the next few months, let alone year or two years.

As for Begiristain, he has no attachment to the club whatsoever, other than a current contract and his own professional duty of care to fulfill it. Maybe a feeling of responsibility to the good Sheik. Will he consider an offer from Barcelona if one comes? Of course he will. Who knows what his personal objectives are?

blueinsa said:
FantasyIreland said:

Have a bit more faith.

Why would tixiki leave? He has the chance to create a super power in football! Just needs to sign the top players this summer and not piss around!

Mister Appointment said:
flb said:
If you think Txiki will be here for more than another two seasons then fair enough, if Barca really after him back as there DoF then it's only a matter of time .

You're excellent at shifting goal posts. I'm sure that it's only a matter of time before everyone from Pellegrini to Txiki, to Aguero, leaves. Football is fluid like that. However the point which I'm hoping has permeated the walls of your skull is that with the owners we have we have literally nothing to worry about.

Mark Hughes spent 200 plus million pounds on players who for the most part turned out to be useless. Yet we survived and still went on to win two titles in three years.

Bit harsh. The only Hughes signings I can think of who were useless were Santa Cruz and maybe Bridge. The others all played some part in improving us from what we were at the time.

halfcenturyup said:
:)

I can guarantee you that many employees will leave the club in the next few months, let alone year or two years.

As for Begiristain, he has no attachment to the club whatsoever, other than a current contract and his own professional duty of care to fulfill it. Maybe a feeling of responsibility to the good Sheik. Will he consider an offer from Barcelona if one comes? Of course he will. Who knows what his personal objectives are?

blueinsa said:
FantasyIreland said:

Have a bit more faith.

Unless I'm reading it wrong Barca do/did want him to return but he's chosen to stay.

Mr Partridge said:
Mister Appointment said:
flb said:

Bit harsh. The only Hughes signings I can think of who were useless were Santa Cruz and maybe Bridge. The others all played some part in improving us from what we were at the time.

I think Jo and Tal Ben Haim may have something to say about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.