Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Balti said:
grim up north said:
richards30 said:
Totally agree fella. No longer a project we now have to put up or shut up.

So a 10 year project is derailed after 1 average season some fans want everything now

So the fans favourite can be sacked for no good reason but when his inter-toto winning replacement proves no better he gets to be treated differently. wow. Some consistency would be good.

I couldn't give a shit about Txixi or whatever his name is. |Get rid of him if he can't do his job and just give us a decent manager ffs.

Inter toto winner eh? Did you fall asleep all last season?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1539788.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/spo ... 539788.ece</a>

Interesting from Duncan Castles this morning in the Sunday Times. Basically saying that Barca have offered Txiki the chance to return but that he has signalled his intention to stay at the Etihad and rebuild the squad.

Doesn't surprise me in the least, either the fact that Barca want him back, or that he wants to stay. This will be the first summer he is free from restrictions whereas Barca are under a transfer ban and can't buy anyone this summer. A guy with his reputation will be well aware of the criticism he has had from the British media and will no doubt want to show what he is capable of.

I said in another thread, but it'll be interesting to see how opinions shift on our DoF as our summer business begins to take shape. Come 1st September my bet is nearly all of us will see him as invaluable to the club.

It's clear we've had one hand behind our back for a few years in terms of transfers.We've tried to comply with FFP but were stitched up. We were all pretty pleased 2 years ago with the signings and will be again. I also think a full summers rest and preseason will do wonders for our key players.

taleofbluehalves said:
It's clear we've had one hand behind our back for a few years in terms of transfers.We've tried to comply with FFP but were stitched up. We were all pretty pleased 2 years ago with the signings and will be again. I also think a full summers rest and preseason will do wonders for our key players.

The guts of £200m spent isn't exactly having our hands tied. Txiki may redeem himself this summer but let's not kid ourselves over his transfer dealings so far.

taleofbluehalves said:

Our Argies and Brazilians will be playing in a summer tournament,i forget the name of it,so no sergio,zabba,demi and fern for pre-season

karen7 said:
taleofbluehalves said:

Our Argies and Brazilians will be playing in a summer tournament,i forget the name of it,so no sergio,zabba,demi and fern for pre-season

I think there's a Copa America this summer. Also there's the under 21's tournament too in Europe.

Just because he will spend £200 million doesn't mean he wont sign anymore poor players , people seem to think because the shackles are off is that he is redeemed of his average transfer dealings so far, the bigger the pot the bigger the potential mistakes, the facts are that we need wholesale changes in this one window should tell you all you need to know about his past eighteen months.

Thought City were getting away from spending massively again on players with all this holistic bollocks?

Looks like we have gone full circle and gone back in time 5 years ?

Mister Appointment said:
karen7 said:
taleofbluehalves said:

I think there's a Copa America this summer. Also there's the under 21's tournament too in Europe.

That's the one ,thanks

karen7 said:
Mister Appointment said:
karen7 said:

That's the one ,thanks

Personally I don't think that summer tournaments are an excuse for poor performance over an entire league campaign. At best they can lead to some inconsistent early performances, but plenty of teams find a way to manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.