Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mastermind said:
We've signed one flop. His name is Fernandinho.

Fernandinho is not a bad player, but never worth 40 million and simply does not fit in this system.

What we needed was a Xavi type player. There's loads of them out there. Modric, Rakitic, Kroos etc.

Lampard is similar to Xavi and would do a great job alongside Toure but it seems they don't want to use him regularly.
Lampard is the archetypal box to box midfielder who had the magic of arriving I the penalty area just at the right time - the absolute opposite of Xavi

lancs blue said:
The big problem I have with Txiki is that the best players at the club now are basically still the ones who were here when he arrived, Fernandinho apart I remain unconvinced that the rest of the signings on his watch are up to the standard required. Mangala may turn out to be but £32m is a hell of a lot for "may".

This will be an important window for him. A lot of these criticism of Txiki are repeated but he really can't do anything until the summer arrives to prove any different.

It was the moment Lampard was coming on when I just felt "I want to see something, new, young and fresh" now, not an old man in Lamps.

As Pelle has no intention of giving a youngster a chance, I just hope Txiki disposes of him in the summer and brings in some young, fresh, hungry talent with fresh ideas and approach, we need an overhaul. I want teams to look at our line-up, look at our bench and go "fuck, how do we deal with this?", we used to have that over teams, but we've been found out, and we haven't got enough about our squad, and enough variation within it, to change things up and scupper teams plans.

He has a HUGE job on his hands. I don't envy him, but I'd be excited if I was him to have this opportunity to really put his stamp on the squad, and really shake things up.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
It was the moment Lampard was coming on when I just felt "I want to see something, new, young and fresh" now, not an old man in Lamps.

As Pelle has no intention of giving a youngster a chance, I just hope Txiki disposes of him in the summer and brings in some young, fresh, hungry talent with fresh ideas and approach, we need an overhaul. I want teams to look at our line-up, look at our bench and go "fuck, how do we deal with this?", we used to have that over teams, but we've been found out, and we haven't got enough about our squad, and enough variation within it, to change things up and scupper teams plans.

He has a HUGE job on his hands. I don't envy him, but I'd be excited if I was him to have this opportunity to really put his stamp on the squad, and really shake things up.
And if Liverpool get 4th,what then?

Marvin said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

And if Liverpool get 4th,what then?

They need to score 8 more points than us, which means if they win all 7, we need 14 points, they draw one, we need 12, they lose one, we need 11.

Either way, there'd be a huge rebuild anyway, if we failed on Top 4 then the repercussions would be even greater, which would be interesting in itself.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

I know hindsight is always wonderful but Marcos Lopes would have been an ideal sub to bring on tonight - direct, pacy and skilful, just what we needed.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

You are wrong on that front. Give him the youngsters with the right qualities and and he will give them a chance. Same with the next incumbent. There aren't too many EDS players you can confidently say that they can fit in with our current squad,

Marvin said:
mastermind said:

Fernandinho is not a bad player, but never worth 40 million and simply does not fit in this system.

What we needed was a Xavi type player. There's loads of them out there. Modric, Rakitic, Kroos etc.

Lampard is similar to Xavi and would do a great job alongside Toure but it seems they don't want to use him regularly.
Lampard is the archetypal box to box midfielder who had the magic of arriving I the penalty area just at the right time - the absolute opposite of Xavi

Xavi is best known for his first touch, ball control and passing range. Frank Lampard has these skills without doubt.

mastermind said:
Marvin said:
mastermind said:

Xavi is best known for his first touch, ball control and passing range. Frank Lampard has these skills without doubt.
Thank you for the exasperation. Wasted far too much time on this message board.

mastermind said:

Unbelievable Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.