Discussion: Txiki Begiristain (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mosssideblue said:
middleton___blue said:
About time we got rid of this prat imo, he can pack his bags with manuel. Spunked away over 60 mil last summer on shite ( I know there was ffp to contend with but ffs, we could of done tonnes better with the money we had and the options we had) give someone else a go IMO.

Without substantiation, that post is pathetic.

Who should we have bought then, that was available, in our price constraints and wanted to come to City

I look forward to hear your answer.
Don't be stupid asking posters to name who, it's Txixi job to identify who and he's clearly not doing a good job. I'd like to see your answer on how and who you think we are getting value for money from?
The guys fucking incompetent at his job, either that our he's deliberately fucking our squad up, €60 million on reserves.
It's under his stewardship that the average age of the squad has got to where it's at by signing players past their peak, and not moving on players and replacing with adequate younger models. Yaya should have gone last summer and Dzeko too and we would have got a far better price than we will now, probably twice as much. That money along with the other he wasted could have got a one or two genuine class additions.
He's paid well enough to do his job and when he doesn't see the obvious then he shouldn't be in the bloody job

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
mosssideblue said:
middleton___blue said:
About time we got rid of this prat imo, he can pack his bags with manuel. Spunked away over 60 mil last summer on shite ( I know there was ffp to contend with but ffs, we could of done tonnes better with the money we had and the options we had) give someone else a go IMO.

Without substantiation, that post is pathetic.

Who should we have bought then, that was available, in our price constraints and wanted to come to City

I look forward to hear your answer.
Don't be stupid asking posters to name who, it's Txixi job to identify who and he's clearly not doing a good job. I'd like to see your answer on how and who you think we are getting value for money from?
The guys fucking incompetent at his job, either that our he's deliberately fucking our squad up, €60 million on reserves.
It's under his stewardship that the average age of the squad has got to where it's at by signing players past their peak, and not moving on players and replacing with adequate younger models. Yaya should have gone last summer and Dzeko too and we would have got a far better price than we will now, probably twice as much. That money along with the other he wasted could have got a one or two genuine class additions.
He's paid well enough to do his job and when he doesn't see the obvious then he shouldn't be in the bloody job

Why is it stupid. He called out we bought shite, then he is more than capabke of saying who we should have bought. As for the remainder of your post, that is eually poor. Compared to those guys I suspect you know the square root of fuck all when it comes to talent spotting. So best leave it to those who make a professional living from it dont you think.

he has wasted the little money we did have to spend. nobody can deny that. bony i like but pellers doesn't. did they even have a conflab on him prior to signing?

I know its the Mirror but I think they are pointing in the right direction

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-boss-manuel-pellegrinis-5502632" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... is-5502632</a>

de niro said:
he has wasted the little money we did have to spend. nobody can deny that. bony i like but pellers doesn't. did they even have a conflab on him prior to signing?

Lets see the source of your claim that Pellers doesn't like Bony.

Again, where have we wasted money?

mosssideblue said:
de niro said:

why else would the manager pick a faltering edin once a motivated bony arrived at the club. edin, and i love him, has been dogshit this season. every man and his dog knows that.

we have wasted money on sagna, shame cos i thought he would have done a job. fernando for the money was a big risk, well when you only have so much money you dont do risks.
mangala i think will come good, he ticks all the boxes, the problem is he isn't premiership ready. the same was levelled quite rightly at nastasic only he didn't cost 30 odd million.
by all means ship out garcia, barry, lescott and nasty but you replace them with better players ffs, we haven't done that.
in time all our buys could come good but we dont have time, this is the premier league and we are defending our title, something every one wants to take off us. it would have been better to keep the squad we had and just add one top notch player, spend the same amount by all means but spend it on one player, a player that would add to our squad not weaken it. i thought we'd learn from the shambles of the previous summer when we bought rodwell and co but in true city style we did even worse.

de niro said:
mosssideblue said:
de niro said:

why else would the manager pick a faltering edin once a motivated bony arrived at the club. edin, and i love him, has been dogshit this season. every man and his dog knows that.

we have wasted money on sagna, shame cos i thought he would have done a job. fernando for the money was a big risk, well when you only have so much money you dont do risks.
mangala i think will come good, he ticks all the boxes, the problem is he isn't premiership ready. the same was levelled quite rightly at nastasic only he didn't cost 30 odd million.
by all means ship out garcia, barry, lescott and nasty but you replace them with better players ffs, we haven't done that.
in time all our buys could come good but we dont have time, this is the premier league and we are defending our title, something every one wants to take off us. it would have been better to keep the squad we had and just add one top notch player, spend the same amount by all means but spend it on one player, a player that would add to our squad not weaken it. i thought we'd learn from the shambles of the previous summer when we bought rodwell and co but in true city style we did even worse.

And as posted above these 2 are to blame.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-boss-manuel-pellegrinis-5502632" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... is-5502632</a>

Another media outlet that doesnt really know what either does, so groups them as a single entity.

A year ago everyone was calling Txiki a genius. And in a years time they may well again.

I'm happy to wait and see how Fernando, Mangala & Bony go with this season under their belts and hopefully some tactics that make the most of their abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.