Disgusted

To be honest, the manner in which we set out to play disappointed me and many others, surrendering half the pitch, sitting back allowing Utd to come at us. Made everyone nervous and their early goal didn't help. If he attempts to set us up at the swamp in the same way, we'll struggle.

The Fat el Hombre said:
The atmosphere was shit because we surrendered the south stand. I was in 122 rite next to the rags and it was crap. There were a few South standers in there but spread about and it didn't get going. 111 looked like they were making noise but we couldn't hear it because they're too small

Operation one end needs to happen.

Agreed, this is where the club needs to start listening to the fans. I knew straight away that giving up the south stand to the rags, (or anyone else for that matter) was a mistake. Not only is it a focal point for the away team, it also disorientates our own vocal section. Most importantly, It affords the away team the biggest singing section in the stadium. STOP BLEEDING DOING IT CITY FFS!
Next time give them a vertical strip in one of the corners. In fact this should become the norm. If the police resist it because it goes against their cosy arrangement for getting them to the car park then it should be pointed out that this has it's flaws anyway and it clearly didn't work last week.

salfordblues said:
Obviously Tuesday was a great night for all blues and we're all hoping for more of the same on Wednesday.

However what really got my back up, particularly in the first half, was the atmosphere, or lack thereof from the rest of the ground.

I was in 111 and it seemed that throughout the game it was only us who were making any noise.

Maybe, my expectations were too high of the rest of the ground. Usually you expect north stand and Colin Bell to be quiet when it is Hull at home on a cold February night.

However when it is (arguably) one of the biggest matches in the last 20 years for our club One expects a bit more. Yet, the majority of our 'support' were nowhere to be heard.

At the game I thought it was just me, however since Wednesday I've spoke to a few people who sit in different areas of the ground and they have said much the same thing.

Why was the atmosphere so bad this time?

I remember a home derby, think it was '07 where we were losing 1-0 (when Ball stamped on Ronaldo) and the atmosphere was absolute fantastic, every section of the ground was getting behind the team, and i expected much of the same, if not better last Tuesday.

Am I alone in this view? Was the atmosphere as bad as I thought, considering the magnitude of the occasion?

I agree but the problem is every time the away team gets the south stand the atmos is always poor becuase everyone is split up around the stadium

i was sat in 110 and it was pretty crap!!me and my mates tried and failed too get the fans around us goin,coulnt get my head around why it was soo bad!??it just seemed like a normal game not a cup semi final vs united!!!the rest of the group is even worse!!!cum on blues lets sort it out

Totally agree. Looking on from Block 111 the atmosphere around the ground was terrible until we scored. We definitely done our bit in Block 111 and tried to rally the other sections. I know United scored early and were dominating but we have to do our bit and lift the lads.

felixbg said:
salfordblues said:
Obviously Tuesday was a great night for all blues and we're all hoping for more of the same on Wednesday.

However what really got my back up, particularly in the first half, was the atmosphere, or lack thereof from the rest of the ground.

I was in 111 and it seemed that throughout the game it was only us who were making any noise.

quote]

sick to death of 111 claiming to be the greatest ever. you really aren't that great, and your songs are shite. i heard noone but 119-121 sing all game because we sang all game, didnt feel any need to come on here claiming how great i am though. i thought on a whole the atmosphere was pretty decent, we didnt really get outsung which we usually do when 6k away fans come.

shhhh your not allowed to say that, 111 is the greatest and there the only 1's who create any atmosphere is what you have to say

bluemanc said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
The atmosphere was shit because we surrendered the south stand. I was in 122 rite next to the rags and it was crap. There were a few South standers in there but spread about and it didn't get going. 111 looked like they were making noise but we couldn't hear it because they're too small

Operation one end needs to happen.

Operation one end needs to happen
Agreed,Cook should be getting his teeth into this problem rather than going on a self ego tour,GET IT FUCKIN SORTED.
Perhaps contacting City should be the next step,yes it's a problem but for fucks sake get it done.

I'd like to agree with big gay Al, but the problem is the majority of City's vocal supporters like ot goad the opposition.

If we get through tomorrow and we have a home draw I'd love there to be a way that we can relocate all the singers to the North Stand, for one game. If we have to give away the South Stand, then why doesn't everyone who wants to sing go to the other end and prove to the club that it will work?

Of course no one will do it because people will want to be near the away fans.

I know what you mean the atmosphere was poor, but I think everyone was too nervous, the City players included! I didn't even celebrate the second goal because I thought it would be ruled out!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.