Ditching Sky

Only way to get broadband without line rental is via virgin. But the lowest package about 28quid, is virtually the same as a lot of other providers where you pay line rental.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's being thrifty and there's being cheap haha, never gonna get free broadband that's any good, might as well get one of the VM offers with line rental(it's not BT it's Virgin) as it works out pretty much the same if not cheaper than without and they upgrade your speeds for free if you are loyal customer as their network gets faster.

Looks really good that for only £150, then you can pay an extra £75 for all the extra channels. Looks like you can pause, record, series link. Get all the sky channels and PPV events, but not HD. Whats the quality like? Does it buffer at all? Thats the only thing someone warned me about, but i thought as its through your sky dish it wouldnt buffer.

Cheers
I've the Gemma also, great box, £150 sounds about right. I also have iptv add on but I don't rate it, it's hit and miss for me anyhow. If your going to spend the extra £75 then you'd be as well to get the 4K Fire tv box and get the Bluemoon build on it mate.

Only way to get broadband without line rental is via virgin. But the lowest package about 28quid, is virtually the same as a lot of other providers where you pay line rental.
I've just ditched my line rental and pay £35 for 100mb off VM

Last edited by a moderator:
I've the Gemma also, great box, £150 sounds about right. I also have iptv add on but I don't rate it, it's hit and miss for me anyhow. If your going to spend the extra £75 then you'd be as well to get the 4K Fire tv box and get the Bluemoon build on it mate.
Cheers mate, think I'm gonna go for it based on people's feedback. Will probably hold fire on the iptv for now.

I cancelled everything, had two calls to entice me back and rejected everything, very politely I must add. Having been offline for 2 days I got offered everything, broadband, line rental, full tv package, HD, Sky Go Extra for £47 per month. Bingo, it was a pain for a few days being offline but will be well worth the £700 I will save over the 12 months.

Got the call yesterday.

I was paying £25 PM on a deal (TV only all channells), they tried to hike it to £85 on expiry, i cancelled and at the time the best I was offered was £55!

The call yesterday started with £85 then £55 then 40 something then £36, then £29.

I politely declined each offer.

cough kodi cough!

I cancelled everything, had two calls to entice me back and rejected everything, very politely I must add. Having been offline for 2 days I got offered everything, broadband, line rental, full tv package, HD, Sky Go Extra for £47 per month. Bingo, it was a pain for a few days being offline but will be well worth the £700 I will save over the 12 months.

Lucky bugger! I didn't get anything like that deal but did ok. Was paying just over £70 a month with offers and was getting everything for that but once expired it would've rocketed to over £120 a month. At first they were only offering a 40% discount off the TV package but no fibre broadband discount. Rejected that. Got another offer the following day which was better but would've still been over £80 a month so rejected that too. Got a third offer which was basically what I'd previously been paying (just over £70 a month) and accepted it. That said, I didn't get as far as being cut off - I daresy if I had I'd have gotten a better deal!

never gonna get free broadband that's any good,

I know of a whole scene that has been grabbing virmin broadband for more than 10yr, as it happens i was getting totally free 10meg yrs ago that it seems has been it. Docsis 3 seems the holy grail, but i know some cute cookies are still working on it.
The great thing is, it's not about getting it for free, most have top entry legit subs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.