Divided opinions on comedy

Bill Bailey and Ross Noble have to be 2 of the most talented around just now. Bill Bailey for the musical aspect and Ross Noble for the fact that 80% of his show is improvisation. I know some people who don't find him funny, and i don't think he's technically as funny as others, but then again he doesn't have others writing pre-prepared jokes for him. To go out on stage and just entertain people for so long pretty much completely off the cuff is really impressive imo.

tommyducks said:
Some comedians/shows really divide opinions.

For instance, Gavin and Stacey. The missus loves it, I hate it.

Michael McIntyre. I think he's a smug unfunny tw@t but his DVD is number one.

Lee Evans. Again I can't stand the bloke but he's very popular.
Whoops misread the subject, thought it said `comedy`...... with you so far Tommy, those guys are`nt remotely funny, and some pan faced twerp called Jimmy Carr ( I think) funny as a car crash. No time for so called modern stand up comedians, mind you its difficult for the blokes to find a subject to laugh about without some `ority` or other being offended, call me any name under the sun I could`nt give a shit if its in jest.

Still think Manning was 1 of the best, from a long drawn out joke to a quick off the cuff comment, just a generally funny bloke.

I like Lee Evans, but i think part of that is watching him have an Eppy on stage as he goes through his motions.

Liked Lee Hurst, bloke with a head like a tennis ball, dunno where he went.

A few years ago I was lucky enough to see Dave Spikey, Paddy Mcguinness and Peter Kay on stage together, a pure torrent of comedy, everyone couldnt stop laughing as 1 joke led to another off each of them, 3 of a kind just setting each other up, pure class.

Billy Connelly, awesome. Never ever tire of seeing him on TV

Lee Mack's standup show is brilliant but Not Going Out ( the sitcom he wrote) and that TV panel show with Fearne Britton are utter shite. The Big Yin is without doubt the best British standup ever.

der-bomber said:
The first series of Little Britain was groundbreaking and funny, but then they got greedy and lazy, and tried to stretch the same half dozen jokes out for 3 more series...
I agree. The same thing has happened with most long-running sketch shows like The Fast Show. It was the same jokes every week.

I like what I like. If it makes me laugh and enjoy it then it's served its purpose.

People tend to restrict their tastes with lots of self imposed rules and regulations but I don't see the point myself. If it moves me then that's that.

Gavin and stacey is ok, not great but definately not shit, its got a few laughs in it.

Personally i find lee evans, tim vine, michael mcintyre and a perhaps relatively unknown demitri martin really funny.

Al Murray, billy connely, manning, roy chubby brown and generally anyone who malicously takes the piss are not funny.

Family Guy is the kind of comedy i could watch all day, i literally laugh at almost every joke, its just laugh laugh laugh all the way through.

For the record, I dig the following...

South Park
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Black Adder
Seinfeld
The Office
Brass Eye/Day Today
Alan Partridge
Vic & Bob
Peep Show
etc

I scoff at the following...

Jack Dee
That blonde twat off Mock The Week
That little potato head bloke off Mock The Week
Jim Davidson
Etc

TheMightyQuinn said:
For the record, I dig the following...

South Park
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Black Adder
Seinfeld
The Office
Brass Eye/Day Today
Alan Partridge
Vic & Bob
Peep Show
etc

I scoff at the following...

Jack Dee
That blonde twat off Mock The Week
That little potato head bloke off Mock The Week
Jim Davidson
Etc

Russel Howard? yeah i agree he is abysmal. You seen his new show? just awful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.