Do ESPN not like us now as well?

Was at the match and don,t have espn so can,t comment on specific point raised by OP.
However,those who think sky don,t have an agenda are deluded. i noticed it time and again in the days i used to watch sky sports news-the most blatant example was the day we signed Kompany, and ,as is the norm sky showed a clip of the player to illustrate the story. Now usually when such a clip is shown it is of a player scoring a goal or somthing which puts him in a posistive light..what did they use for Vinny?... footage of him jumping for a ball at the near post ,at a corner kick,attempting to get an effort on goal. the header was so bad it missed the goal by a mile and actually trickled out for a goal kick near the oppisite corner flag,it missed the goal so much.......if you look on you tube you can see numerous footage of brilliant tackles and play by Kompany from his old clubs,yet sky saw fit to take the piss with the worse piece of action they could find.

Folk on here might not like city fans moaning about sky, but when you,ve seen clear examples its not something you tend to forget.

dennishasdoneit said:
Was at the match and don,t have espn so can,t comment on specific point raised by OP.
However,those who think sky don,t have an agenda are deluded. i noticed it time and again in the days i used to watch sky sports news-the most blatant example was the day we signed Kompany, and ,as is the norm sky showed a clip of the player to illustrate the story. Now usually when such a clip is shown it is of a player scoring a goal or somthing which puts him in a posistive light..what did they use for Vinny?... footage of him jumping for a ball at the near post ,at a corner kick,attempting to get an effort on goal. the header was so bad it missed the goal by a mile and actually trickled out for a goal kick near the oppisite corner flag,it missed the goal so much.......if you look on you tube you can see numerous footage of brilliant tackles and play by Kompany from his old clubs,yet sky saw fit to take the piss with the worse piece of action they could find.

Folk on here might not like city fans moaning about sky, but when you,ve seen clear examples its not something you tend to forget.

That's hardly irrefutable proof is it? Or does that make me deluded?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
LoveCity said:
He isn't paranoid, ESPN have been doing this lately, turning the crowd volume up to uncomfortable levels when chants like "You're just a sh*t Man United!" are aimed at us. Whoever calls it paranoia should rewatch the games, it is true.

What? You think they've got a guy in the sound studio under the express instructions to turn up the volume when the Villa fans (or whoever we're playing) start singing anti-City songs.

Do you think he's provided with a list of potential songs before the game?

It might not be paranoia, but it is truly absurd.

I don't know why they are doing it but they are. Go and watch the Leicester match for example and you will hear the volume get cranked up to uncomfortable levels, when the norm for football broadcasts is to mute out vulgar chants as much as possible. I'd never noticed this happening before and I watch a lot of football.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
dennishasdoneit said:

That's hardly irrefutable proof is it? Or does that make me deluded?

apologies for indicating you are deluded...but you show me another example where sky have made a clubs new signing look a ****?

FeedTheGoat10 said:
More microphones nearer to the home fans maybe? More home fans also.

Also, if the home team scores then the noise is always going to increase, and if they all start singing one song, then its going to sound loud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.